PDA

View Full Version : Ozma, the hardest boss ever. If you beat him, you can finish off every one.

Flashback
05-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Once I read that Ozma was a boss I immediattelly went to him. Unforunatly, I didn't survive this one. Just like many other counters with him. Pfff, this one is real hard, so I grabbed all treasures, get all those cute little thingies and the best weapons. Next problem, my charcaters where all at a level multiplie 5, Arggh how far do I have to go. Far, after a 14 tries I finnaly managing to beat him. This one was really hard. Alright, I thought, so the next bosses are going to be even harder. Not, I leveled up, just a little bit, and had the same weapons when I defeated all the next bosses. By the way, when I defeated Ozma, I already defeated Deathguise (or what ever the chaps name is). Kuja and Necron were easy. So I have a tip for you all, use Steiners Shock and Freya's Dragon Chrest. Be sure Zidane is almost at Trance, and also your last caracter Eiko. Also be sure, you can witstand everything. Heal with Eiko. And all the others attack. You will finish them off.

Psychotic
05-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Ozma is a pain :( I think beating him is more luck based that skill based, although if all your chars are at level 99 there won't be too much of a problem.

That's a good sound strategy Flashback, but instead of Eiko you could use Quina and with it a fully powered up Frog Drop to do 9999. And if you have any Dark Matters, get Zidane to use them, if you haven't powered up thievery.

I did it the hard way, though, using Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet, which is a very poor party to use :( Garnet was lvl 59 and Zidane was lvl 66 and the other two were something in between. Zidane just attacked (I did friendly Yan Quest) for just over 3000 damage, Steiner used shock for 9999, Vivi reflected Flare off himself for I *think* 9999, but it was probably less, and Garnet just used a Dark Matter before I let her die. When I beat him, he didn't use Pain at all, which was extremely lucky.

FinalLethal
05-21-2003, 01:18 PM
flashback did you say ozma is the hardest boss ever in final fantasy 9 or all final fantasies? cause i can gaurantee you there are about 10 bosses harder than ozma in ff10 and 2 in ff7

Sin Harvest
05-21-2003, 01:25 PM
ozma was probably the best boss in ff9, having to go give all those little gits presents wasn't the most fun in the world, but it sure was worth it.
ozma as a boss even made more sense than necron did. and thats saying something considering ozma is a big swirly colourfull spinning ball.
not to mention that he was alot more fun.

Flashback
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Yes, I did meant in FF IX. Because I know there are harder bosses. In the whole series. However, I am sure, that Ozma is one of the five hardest bosses ever. Don't forget the battle is mainly based on luck, while with other battles, you must be strong or something. But without luck you cannot win from Ozma.

Sin Harvest
05-21-2003, 04:27 PM
although, the stonger you are and better you handle you guys, the more luck your likely to have.
sometimes anyway, sometimes ozma likes to be a right ass and he messes with your dudes something terrible no matter how geared up they are.......hence why the battle leans toward the luck orientated side eh ? :tongue:

Dragonfire
05-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Just try getting Zidane and Steiner near a trance when you go fight him, and it should be VERY easy. Grand Lethal for 9999, and Flare Sword in Trance for 9999 2-3 each, should dispatch of him quickly. Although I guess that can be said for most other bosses,

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 08:10 AM
i havent played the end part of ffIX in a while, but doesnt say free energy, once your leveled up enough do 9999 anyway? and it costs less to do when in trance, so you can do more of them? or am i wrong?

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 08:16 AM
and stieners phsical attacks in trance do a fair bit even if your on a lowish level, i saved my flare swords for when hes not in trance and just belted ozma with normal attacks while he was in it.
qunia is pretty usefull too with a well leveled frog drop and his angles snack thingy.

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 12:35 PM
grand lethal is only useful when you first get it and all your other dyne attacks dont inflict nearly as much as it, but like most ff, cept X, the limit damage is 9999, so after you have trained even just a little, using normal attacks in trance and dyne attacks like free energy will save you heaps of trance power and does the exact same damage as grand lethal. Overall Grandlethal is just a waste of trance power , dont use it