PDA

View Full Version : About Aeris. Who else would it be about? - probably spoilers. BEWARE.

Strider
05-16-2003, 03:11 AM
This is just something I was thinking about yesterday. Of course, I'm sure as most of us already know, Aeris dies. I didn't think it'd be so early in the game, though. I mean, come on now!

The way I see it, Aeris has all sorts of cool stuff you can get for her. If she dies before you even think of getting all the cool stuff (like I was), what's the point of having the stuff there in the first place? Why waste your time going to get the Parasol or the Great Gospel if you barely have any time to use it? I never even got Aeris' Level 2 Limit Breaks before she was offed.

Did anyone else think that most of the spiffy stuff out there for Aeris was mostly worthless because you had little or no time to use it? Thoughts are welcome.

Farside
05-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Agreed. That's why I never bothered levelling her up, or using her at all for that matter.

They only included her ultimate weapon and limit break manual for the more hardcore RPG player that must have everything for everyone.

remi07
05-16-2003, 03:47 AM
the only reason i use her is because of her limit breaks, Seal-evil and Healing Wind are so helpful

Boko Mog
05-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Yeah, well, it was worthless in the end, but when she was around, most of it was useful. Stuff that forced you to go really out of your way was kind of useless.

Book
05-16-2003, 06:06 AM
I never bothered to get anything for her.

crono_logical
05-16-2003, 07:18 AM
I only went to get her Level 4 limit once, just to see it, and I only got it just in time for the very last fight you have her in your party (that wall boss in the temple) so only ever used it once :p Looks pretty cool though for a limit break, compared to other people's level 4 limits :p

Burtsplurt
05-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Next time I play FFVII I'm going to try and obtain Great Gospel. It's good to have those things in games, even if they are kind of pointless. Guess it's more for Aeris fans than people who just want to complete the game/ get good levels.

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 02:46 PM
i begin to really wonder if sqaure put aeris there just to be scoffed at.
disk one in the sector 6 (?) slums. the guy in the pipe.

aeris : this guy are sick.

:rolleyes2 i mean come on, shes an ancient....surley she has some grammar skills.

i think this time round i might try get her stuff like her lv 4 limit, just becuase iver never seen it (ive never really seen the point of getting it).

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 07:06 PM
That was a mistranlation, not bad grammer skills.

Spatvark
05-25-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
I only went to get her Level 4 limit once, just to see it, and I only got it just in time for the very last fight you have her in your party (that wall boss in the temple) so only ever used it once :p Looks pretty cool though for a limit break, compared to other people's level 4 limits :p

Lucky sod... I got it IN that fight, so I never got to use it ;_;

Sin Harvest
05-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Maester Auron
That was a mistranlation, not bad grammer skills.
thats extremley obvious, im just making light of the fact that it only really happened once and it happened to aeris.

oh man, IN the fight,
i'll bet you were pleased with that. *looks at the dent in the wall and the peices of controller underneath*

Liquid Glass
05-27-2003, 12:02 AM
I think the mistranslations happened with other characters as well they just weren't as obvious. If I remember correctly I gained someone's 3rd last limit break at the end of the game with the 3 finales.

Sin Harvest
05-27-2003, 03:26 AM
yeah, your probably right.
at the end eh. thats pretty gay, but youd still have the save beforehand so i suppose you could just go back to it and then get the limits.

SirenGriever
05-31-2003, 04:12 PM
From what I've heard about Aerith's character, you can bring her back into the game with a gameshark code after she dies. I only heard about it though...so

:D "Squirrels Don't Cry!":D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

ZeZipster
05-31-2003, 04:28 PM
You can bring her back with the debug room or gameshark. Either way she's buggy or using Tifas/Yuffies lines.

Moonie Rinoa
05-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Well I think people catch all the final things of Aeris coz they want to say they completed everything in the game!! XD

~Rin

Blizzard
06-02-2003, 06:48 AM
It was stupid having all those nifty things in there. Just stupid. ;_;

HOOTERS
06-02-2003, 06:54 AM
Well it forces you to use her at the start of the game while you still have the chance.

DMKA
06-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Yea, I really think there should have been a sidequest or something to revive her, thus changing game outcomes, future events, ect. However, FF7 kicked ass just the way it was so...maybe I don't really think that. Oh well, it was just a miscellaneous thought of mine:mog:

Blackmage
06-02-2003, 03:17 PM
In the end, it was indeed worthless. I never did get the Parasol 'cause I suck at that coaster-shooting-game-thingy. I got Great Gospel on one of my games fairly early. It was pretty dang good at the time. But, if she were still around for the rest of the game, it'd totally suck. The absolute most useful limit break she has is Fury Brand, IMO.

Evelia
06-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I knew she was gonna die four years before I started the game, so I never bothered using her if I didn't have to... I'd like to get Great Gospel sometime, though, just to see what it's like. I would have used her if she had lasted longer.

DMKA
06-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Well I got my PS1 right when FF7 came out. So instead of getting some fighting game instead I grabbed FF7, thus making it my very first PS1 game. Man, I couldn't have made a better choice. So I of course wasn't aware of her death coming. But it wasn't till about the 20th time I played through the game that I got Great Gospel:p Despite all, its still my fav game of all time.

Now I'm an RPG freak thanks to that game:choc:

Max
06-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeah definitly.Afater all that stuff I bought for her.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Auron_Kotetsu
06-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Oh, Aeris, Aeris...

I'm playing through the second time, now, knowing that she's in trouble from square one. The first time i played, i had no idea how to gain limit breaks, and so i never saw more than Seal Evil out of her. This time, I'm trying for Great Gospel. I'm at the Ancients' Temple now, and she has Planet Protector and the manual. And i'm just shaking my head.

It's kind of cruel that Square would do this. I mean, i can see the point. They make her get killed, and then they think, "Wait, that means that, when people know she gets killed, they'll never use her. And we show her dead in our FF7 TV ads." (any one remember that? back in 97 "A love that can never be... and a hatred that always was.") i can just hear this board meeting going on. Some guy jumps up and says, "Oh hey! I know, let's make her limits the most damned useful things EVER, so that people will actually have a reason to miss her when she dies, instead of being happy that Cloud's now gonna get with the big-boob girl! :D"

And so they give her Fury Brand. And Planet Protector. And Great Gospel. Bastards. :mad:

I'm all in favor of a resurrection quest now that i know how freaking awesome she is.

Peegee
06-16-2003, 03:45 PM
This is irrelevant to FF7 per se, but:

If you paid attention to my 'Omega weapon is teh suxors' response where I said that Rinoa and Selphie were worthless people because they didn't have good attacks, you'll realise that I had no idea what spells Rinoa really had.

So even if you have every character it doesn't mean that the character will be used. I typically don't do anything with any character that's female in FF8. The only reason Quistis has all her blue magic was because of her degenerator spell which I used to defeat malboros (and thus leveled up Quistis and cared about her limit breaks).

Pah.