PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel a bit cheated by KH?

Prodigy
05-16-2003, 10:56 AM
I just finished it last night after 32 hours. (Incidentally I realised now that if I had found the last 3 puppies then I would have got the secret ending - doh! I'll finish that today I think).

Now I'm thinking that this game was definately great fun to play. Ok the camera angles were absolutely shocking and made me writhe in fury sometimes but apart from that the battle system was fun, there were LOADS of sidequests to do, the disney characters worked really well and it was great seeing them again. Also the story had great potential and the design of some of the levels (Hollow Bastian comes to mind) is superb. Maleficient was also great, shame she wasn't developed further.

Now when I say I feel cheated I'm referring to the absolutely laughable, godawful dialogue. It ruined the atmosphere totally spoilt the storyline. All this silly cheesey rubbish about hearts. Every line was cliche after cliche and Sora was a real big girl. It had the potential to be so very dark and atmospheric but I just had to cringe whenever the characters spoke.

Also the ending battles were so utterly pointless. Easy fight after easy fight after....for no apparant reason. Not quite as random as FF9s ending but it's getting there. It just seemed to fall apart a bit at the end.

Oh well, I'm guessing it was aimed more at children but Square don't usually let me down with the dialogue. It's either tongue in cheek or mildly cheesey but never gorgonzola supreme.

Big Ogre Umaro
05-17-2003, 12:15 AM
I took the game as a really awesome Disney Movie, and with that in mind, the dialogue fit right in.

Advent Child
05-17-2003, 03:28 AM
apart from the voice of donald, which was absolutely abyssmal, I felt the dialogue wasn't bad.

Blackmage
05-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I thought they could've put a lot more work into the Disney worlds. The way it was done was just...bleh. All the characters in the Disney worlds were just plain dry. The worlds were too small. It also seemed like you just redid what should've already happened in that world (i.e. Taking out Genie Jafar in Agrabah.). I dunno.

Everything else was perfectly fine with me.

Advent Child
05-17-2003, 08:53 PM
i felt like you were supposed to assist the events of the actual disney movie. like, for example, you warp into agrabah and help aladin kill genie jafar.

Bulldog
05-20-2003, 06:52 AM
I enjoyed playing the game. *hasn't heard the english dialogue*

Teek
06-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Prodigy

Now when I say I feel cheated I'm referring to the absolutely laughable, godawful dialogue. It ruined the atmosphere totally spoilt the storyline. All this silly cheesey rubbish about hearts. Every line was cliche after cliche and Sora was a real big girl. It had the potential to be so very dark and atmospheric but I just had to cringe whenever the characters spoke.

Let's reitirate - this is a Enix Square/Disney made game. Disney.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2003, 09:36 AM
I didnt feel cheated in the least. I loved it. And I felt the dialouge was perfect for the sort of story it was a part of. Sure it was cheesy and all, but hey, it was fun.

And yes, I think in all the worlds you're going to a certain point in the movie they're apart of, given the characters that are there, and you are playing through some altered scenarios of that world's storyline.

Enigma
06-22-2003, 05:53 PM
The stuff that Ansem said was a little cliched but nothing really really bad.

m4tt
06-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BOU
I took the game as a really awesome Disney Movie, and with that in mind, the dialogue fit right in.

Exactly. The game was awesome.

Lord Xehanort
07-07-2003, 06:28 PM
The game felt like a long Disney movie. I loved it and I look forward to KH FM and KH2

Jed
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hmm I didn't feel cheated by the game, just had a good laugh at some of the incredibly cheesy dialogue about friends and your heart, ;) it was all about morals I think! I would have liked to see a little more to do with the plot from the films, and from the other Square characters (namely the Cloud:lovers:Aeris miniscule plot, it was almost there!!) :D
But all in all it was a fun game to play, everyone needs a bit of mindless bashing every now and again...

Oh yes and the added bonus of David Boreanaz voicing Squall.... *drool* :love:

Yunalesca
07-07-2003, 08:18 PM
I loved Kingdom Hearts there was SO MUCH to do! If you played it properly i.e.: Finding all the puppies, completing all 4 cups, finding all trinites, beating Sephiroth and the Ice Giant, Collecting all chests, creating all weapons, AND playing the game through again on Expert level, AND reaching lv 100 there was enough to keep the game flowing.

I am eagerly awaiting KH2.