FFVI: Dancing mad
FFVII: One Winged Angel
FFVIII: the Extreme
FFIX: the Final Battle
FFX: Otherworld/ Final Battle

Lord Chainsaw
05-26-2003, 07:23 PM
That's one awesome name "Final Boss"

I also have an unnatural fixation with final bosses. They're just so cool cause they're at the end and there's nobody after them cause they're the last bosses.

My favorite of those is without a doubt Dancing Mad. You can tell so much effort was put into that piece with the different transitions seemlessly merging together between tiers during the fight.

Second place goes to the Omnis battle in FFX. Sure it isnt the final battle, but it's still better than that incoherent shouting you hear during Otherworld.

However over all, I gotta say The Decadance of God from BoFII is still the best along with the final battle with Skorne from Gauntlet Dark Legacy in the Desecrated Temple (not the underwolrd nor the Garm Battle)

But Dancing Mad comes pretty close...

final boss
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks for commenting on my username. My real name is Nicholas. And thanks for replying. Nobody had replyed to this for days.

crono_logical
05-28-2003, 09:07 AM
It's just that this forum isn't visited very much compared to the others :p

I tend to like almost all the battles tracks. Only exceptions would be the first 2 parts of the FF8 final boss one (not the one for the final form), they sound horrid, and most of the FF2j tracks, seem too slow paced and arabian nightish to be battle tracks. Even Challenge from FFX with very little melody and mostly bassline I find is a good track, better than those I mentioned from FF8 and msot of the FF2j tracks :p

Garland
05-29-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm a big fan of FFVII's default boss music (the one before OWA with the fast bass line).

Dark_Mage_Palom
05-30-2003, 01:47 AM
FF music is some of the best gaming music ever! I think that all the OST's are great! even FFX's Otherworld is kicks! if you like rock music that is *thinks* right now i'm going to have to say the FFVI's Dancing Mad is my fav, really good song and sounds good for its time as well

Blackmage
05-31-2003, 01:16 AM
Favorite Final Fight Song? One Winged Angel.
Favorite Boss Theme? Seymour Battle.

Imperia
05-31-2003, 06:11 PM
My favorites are dancing mad, FFIX final battle, and One-Winged Angel.

Alicia
06-01-2003, 11:24 PM
From your list, FFX: Otherworld.
It's so different(and better, in my opinion), than all the rest of the Final Fantasy Boss Battle songs. Not that I don't like the sound of the others, but thrash metal has always been a personal favorite of mine.

My favorite Final Boss song so far has to be Awakening, from Xenogears.

Silent Warrior
06-02-2003, 03:21 PM
If my taste is a good indicator, One Winged Angel captured the spirit of it all best. The atmosphere and all... Now, if it would only have been consistent with the rest of the game... The instrumentation, that is. I mean, we sweep through 30 hours of generic MIDI and then run into this? Whoa! Contrast! Not that OWA is bad or anything... um... *Disappears*

Garland
06-04-2003, 02:11 AM
What was I thinking - OWA is probably the greatest song ever put into a videogame. FF7 had a lot of good boss themes.

Cryih Tuikrdo
06-08-2003, 03:18 AM
The Extreme. That piano is heavy. :cool:

NEO
06-08-2003, 01:06 PM
my is when fighting trance kuja,its like in DBZ,the whole ff9 story reminds of dbz.

RSL
06-08-2003, 03:43 PM
I like FFIV's The Final Battle a lot, for some reason.

Liquid Glass
06-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I also like FFIX's final kuja battle music.

DGF
06-23-2003, 08:44 PM
FF VI (dancing mad) was my favourite because I was so used to the FF X battle tunes it just made me laugh:D

Shuin
06-28-2003, 05:12 PM
FFVII = One Winged Angel
FFVIII = The Extreme
FFIX = Final Battle
FFX = Otherworld (Only)

FFX-2 = Death Match, Destruction, Demise

Vermachtnis
08-06-2003, 03:55 AM
One Wing Angle. That song is just great and gotta love the remix in Kingdome Hearts(Well, I do).

Doomgaze
08-06-2003, 04:38 AM
Dancing Mad, by far.

And One Winged Angel isn't that great, especially since it's ripped off of Carmina Burana.

Miles_the_11
08-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Well Nick you seem to be very interested in the final boss battles (I thought I was the only one). I can never choose a final fantasy and say it is better than the others. FFX final boss music isnt Overworld, its the music against Yu Yevon.

Ive killed Chaos, Emporor Paramekia, Zeromus, Neo X-Death, Kefka, Sephiroth, Necron and Yu Yevon and Ive loved all of the themes

Outsider
08-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Dancing Mad is great... It's as insane as Kefka.

And I love how his theme during the game is inserted during the "Dancing Mad" song, and how it changes from slow and dark in the beggining to fast and aggressive in the end.. It's just great

i90east
09-06-2003, 05:11 AM
Yep, Dancing Mad. It's just too bad that Kefka is so easy, but it's still fun playing the tiers just because of the music :)

Oh yeah, and the echoing sound effects are so cool.

Kenshin IV
09-14-2003, 05:07 PM
As good as they all are, One Wing Angel by a long shot.

Kindo
09-14-2003, 05:55 PM
One Winged Angel isn't that great, especially since it's ripped off of Carmina Burana.

Huh...? What?

Rase
09-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
I like FFIV's The Final Battle a lot, for some reason.

Reason #78 why I like Dr. Unne.

Kenshin IV
09-15-2003, 06:09 PM
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~caveman/Carmina/

Strider
09-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Now that I've beaten Zeromus, I'm inclined to vote for FFIV.

Yoshix
09-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Umm... the magus battle from chrono trigger.:D

Kirobaito
09-16-2003, 01:57 AM
This is what Doomgaze meant about OWA for those who don't know.

The lyrics to "One Winged Angel" are taken from "Carmina Burana", an opera written by Carl Orff in the 1930's. He based this opera off of the poems found in Benediktbeuern.

The title "Carmina Burana" literally means 'songs of Beuren' and was given by Johann Andreas Schmeller to his complete edition (1847) of the poems contained in an early 13th-century German manuscript (found in 1803) from the Benedictine abbey of Benediktbeuern, south of Munich in the Bavarian region.

Since then, the manuscript has been known by that title even though it is now generally agreed that it probably did not originate in Benediktbeuern and may have come rather from Seckau. There are some poems in German, and several of the poems have music written in unheighted neumes - a relatively rare style of notation at the time. In total, the manuscript contains approximately 250 poems.

Translation of the lyrics...

Estuans interius................(Burning inside)
ira vehementi................(with violent anger,)

The first "verse" is the first two lines of "Estuans interius" (Burning Inside). This is the opening song to the second part of Carmina Burana, "In Taberna" (In the Tavern).

Sors immanis....................(Fate - monstrous)
Et inanis.......................(and empty,)

These lines are the first two in the second verse of "O Fortuna" (O Fortune), which is the opening prologue of Carmina Burana, "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" (Fortune, Empress of the World). This song has been used for many things, ranging from Oliver Stone's "The Doors" and "Excalibur" to commercials for Nescafe instant coffee and Old Spice. Of course, there are tonnes of horror flicks and movie trailers out there that love to use this piece.

Veni, veni, venias,...............(Come, come, O come,)
Ne me mori facias................(do not let me die)

The second "verse" is the first two lines from "Veni, veni, venias," (Come, come, O come). This is the sixth song from the third section of Carmina Burana, "Cour d'amours" (The Court of Love).

Gloriosa.................(Glorious)
Generosa....................(Noble)

And the last verse from "A One-Winged Angel" comes from "Ave formosissma" (Hail, most beutiful one). This song precedes the finale of Carmina Burana, "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" in a subsection entitled "Blanziflor et Helena" (Blanchefleur and Helen). However, they do not appear together, as the first two verses did:

Ave formosissima, (Hail, most beautiful one,)
gemma pretiosa, (precious jewel,)
ave decus virginum, (Hail, pride among virgins,)
virgo gloriosa, (glorious virgin,)
ave mundi luminar, (Hail, light of the world,)
ave mundi rosa, (Hail, rose of the world,)
Blanziflor et Helena, (Blanchefleur and Helen,)
Venus generosa! (noble Venus!)

This is what Doomgaze meant. Anyway, in response to the topic, One Winged Angel captures everything about the situation in the song. Even the name means something. Sephiroth is above all other men, more powerful, but he's twisted (One-Winged). And the beginning sounds like something from 'Psycho.' It's definitely the best in my opinion.

MagicKnight Locke
09-16-2003, 01:36 PM
ff8 final boss musics were all so good... :D

Kindo
09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
So... did Uematsu "borrow" just some lyrics, or is the music also stolen? (Damn, this is quite a shock for me...)

Mephista
12-13-2003, 11:06 PM
I think it would probably be "The Extreme" from FFVIII. One Winged Angel is highly over-rated if you ask me.

Ranti
01-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Final Boss: Dancing Mad

Fav Boss Music (Final or Reg): Boss Theme from FF6 (not the one with Atma, but like if you fight the Air Base, or whatever its called).

Iceglow
02-09-2004, 07:21 PM
other world for me also the use of it in the intro (I am correct in this I do believe) ruled

ShadyMilkman
03-20-2004, 05:10 PM
It's not really a final boss.... but Dark Messenger from FFIX

Seryn Kai
05-24-2004, 10:41 AM
One Winged Angel's one of the best end boss tracks ever and a favourite of mine, but my other FF favourites are Vegnagun's "Fight to the Death", "Destruction" and "Demise". Those three tracks captured the mood of that final confrontation perfectly, and personally, that Vegnagun fight was very DBZ and one of my favourite RPG fights of all time. My other favourite end boss tunes (Not all FF) are the Myria track from Breath of Fire III, the two Fou-lu tracks from BoF4, "The Extreme" from FF8 and Necron's track.

dancingmadK
06-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Seymour battle all the WAY! I wish there was a cool remix to it.

Lord Chainsaw
06-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Seymour battle all the WAY! I wish there was a cool remix to it.

Today is your lucky day.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps2/index-af.html

Scroll down to Final Fantasy X. There are 3 versions of the Seymour battle. One of them happens to be a piano remix.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-03-2004, 06:52 PM
So... did Uematsu "borrow" just some lyrics, or is the music also stolen? (Damn, this is quite a shock for me...)The music is completely different.

Armisael
06-03-2004, 08:50 PM
well i like the most "dark messenger" when you fight trance kuja.my second prefaration is "one winged angel".

SomethingBig
06-03-2004, 08:54 PM
One Winged Angel's my favorite. Otherworld would've been great, but because of the voice of the singer, I only found it to be decent. My all time favorite boss battle theme is FFVI's boss battle theme. I could listen to that all day long.

Xander
06-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Difficult to choose... It'd probably be between One Winged Angel and Dark Messenger - although that wasn't the final final battle but hey. I also loved Otherworld when fighting Jecht. That rocked as battle music.

Laguna
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
The Extreme was awesome! One winged angel was good- but it wasnt THE final fight was it? That actually had quite dull music. Oh well.

dancingmadK
06-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks a million Lord Chainsaw!!!

Trumpet Thief
06-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Final Fantasy IV's The Final Battle. With One Winged Angel, and Dancing Mad in close second.

Although I love FF8, I thought The Extreme was complete crap.

-N-
06-12-2004, 03:22 AM
One Winged Angel would be the best on that list, though Otherworld also captures the moment quite well.

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
See my signature. One-Winged Angel's the best final battle song, IMHO.

Most of Final Fantasy battle themes are great, though. FF1 and FF2 got final battle themes in their WSC and PSX remakes. FF1's was called Last Battle, and it's a nice song. It kind of reminds me about The Extreme in some softer piano parts. FF2's Battle Scene 2 was used as a major boss theme in FF2j (NES), but it seems to be the final battle song in FF2 WSC and PSX. FF3j's "This is the Final Battle" is also a great song. I prefer FF4's Dreadful Fight to Final Battle, but they're both great songs. FF5's Decisive Battle and Last Battle are good tracks as well.

FF6's Dancing Mad is okay, but I'll comment more about it later. As I said, FF7's One-Winged Angel is my favorite. FF8's The Extreme is very good, and I really like it how it builds up slowly, with a soft part first, then it does the battle intro used in the battles in FF1-6 and FF9, and it finally becomes a great, aggressive battle theme. I like FF9's Final Battle and all the voice effects (cries of pain) in the background. FFX's Otherworld is... a different kind of final battle theme. Not bad, though. Decisive Battle is quite good, too. FFX-2's final battle themes are quite action-paced. They're not as dramatic or great as other FF final battle tunes, but they still get their job done. I don't know about FFXI, but if Awakening is the final battle theme (does FFXI even have a final boss?), then it's a good song.

Dancing Mad, by far.

And One Winged Angel isn't that great, especially since it's ripped off of Carmina Burana.

This is an old quote, but there still seems to be some discussion about it. One-Winged Angel isn't ripped off of Carmina Burana. The music is completely original. Only the lyrics are from Carmina Burana, but that's not a big deal. Just imagine how many songs there are that use the lyrics from the Requiem. Out of classical composers, Mozart, Verdi and Berlioz used those lyrics, and as for modern soundtracks, I've heard the lyrics used at least in X-Men 2, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and the anime series called Giant Robo. Are you saying they all ripped off that old Catholic hymn?

Finally, Dancing Mad isn't that great, especially since it's ripped off of Bach's Toccata and Fuga. :D Yes, it's true. The musical style is very similar, and Tiers 2 and 3 have loads of melodic parts that are almost directly taken from Toccata and Fuga. The bass line is also from this classical organ piece.

Estes
06-15-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm gonna go with the final boss music from Mystic Quest, the game itself pretty much sucked but its music was good.

18Darkdragon
06-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I love the song from FFVII when ur fighting a boss. The gutiar in their is asome and it makes u want to jump up and anyone who looks at u funnie. Thats the type of thing that makes u keep playing the game.

Dark Songstress
06-17-2004, 08:15 PM
the Decisive Battle (Final Battle) from FFX was amazing. :)

dancingmadK
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
I can't wait until FFXII is finished. I bet the final battle music on it will kick auss! And I hope eyesonff.com can get the OST for mp3s.!_!

ChaosCalibur
06-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Agh, i hate the FFVIIIs final boss song, it was all happy... And i was almost dead! :( One winged angel by far is the best, in "Final Fantasies" But in general KH has the best, i forgot it's name, but it's in the levels "Awakening" and "Final Rest" In other words, the first and last levels... It's just so beautiful :cry:

Sefie1999AD
06-18-2004, 06:54 PM
But in general KH has the best, i forgot it's name, but it's in the levels "Awakening" and "Final Rest" In other words, the first and last levels... It's just so beautiful :cry:

That sounds like variations of the Destati theme. There's at least these variations in the game:

"Dive into the Heart - Destati" (when you walk around in the opening dream sequence and fight Darkside)
"End of the World" (shouldn't be hard to guess where this plays :D)
"Fragments of Sorrow" (the battle theme in End of the World)
"Guardando nel Buio" (the battle against Ansem's huge form, the World of Chaos)

They're all pretty excellent. The actual song Destati only plays in various KH trailers, and it's also in the soundtrack.

Dingo Jellybean
06-18-2004, 07:26 PM
There shouldn't be a contest.

Dancing Mad is by far the best composed piece of final boss music from Square. One Winged Angel is too simple and uninspired and it's basically a ripoff of what Doomgaze said. Adding gothic vocals to heavy music is great, but One Winged Angel is so overated because of it's simplicity. I remember in LA they wanted to do a Final Fantasy concert for the first time in the US, One Winged Angel was immediately taken off as one of the hits to play because many composers felt it was too "simple." That's what One Winged angel is, simplicity in its worst form.

dancingmadK
06-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Even though it's not Final Fantasy, I really like the Final Boss music from Breath of Fire. Well, it's actually three bosses in the game that have it. Zog, Jade, and Tyr when they transform into huge frickin monsters. Anywho, can somebody tell me where I can find an MP3 of that song?

Estes
06-22-2004, 05:19 AM
www.zophar.net (http://www.zophar.net)