PDA

View Full Version : what should i do

Iori
05-17-2003, 03:39 AM
as some of you know, im making a video game, and i was wondering, what kind of setup should i have for gameplay???? 3rd person turn based.... first person.. 3rd person...????????

any ideas?

Big D
05-17-2003, 03:49 AM
Well, since it's an RPG, then 3rd person would be more suitable. Real-time combat would be fine if the player controls only a single character, but for larger parties a turn-based system would be more practical. Something different would be good, though... not just a re-hash of Square's ATB which has just about been done to death by other game developers.

Creative = good:)

Something which gives the player full control over their character(s), within reason, while still being playable and logical.

Good luck!:D

Pancaek
05-17-2003, 03:51 AM
Well, it depends on the game. If it's an RPG, third-person would be best. From there you could either do a turn-based battle system or real-time (like Secret of Mana). I'd say real-time, but that's only because I don't see very many RPGs with real-time battle systems.

Iori
05-17-2003, 04:01 AM
ok its pretty much final then... 3rd person, single unit, real-time.. i had an idea for some attacks like...if youre an elven ranger, getting superhuman jump abilties, for like one jump. then land on a tree branch and let loose a volley of armor piercing, poisoned arrows :love: :love: :love: oh! how i love bows!!.. i want a unique battle system for short swords and long swords alone.. anyone played revenant??? :p like that.. press different buttons in different sequences to make up your own kickass combos.. and also have the versatility of an unkown force... im talkin.. so much detail, you can fire an arrow with your bow vertically alligned, OR horrizontally alligned.. i wouldnt know what to make different other than.. hor=vertical accuracy , and vert=horizontal accuracy... thats ****ing detail, my friend..

PhoenixAsh
05-17-2003, 12:33 PM
I disagree that it HAS to be third person, look at Deus Ex. If you want to be original it's definately something to think about.