PDA

View Full Version : Really, really, really annoyed. Need help with media player.

PhoenixAsh
05-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Okay I just downloaded FFX: Another Story, which without broadband was not easy. I used Kazaa, and it says it's a video file. But nomatter what I try to open it with it plays the stupid wavy trippy thing you get for audio tracks. I checked the properties and it says the video codec is unknown if that helps.
Anyone got any ideas, because I don't think I can go through another download process, the file was like a hundred meg.....

crono_logical
05-17-2003, 06:25 PM
You probably want to go install a DivX or XVid codec, since that's the likely format of the video.

ffdshow (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/) is my favourite, try that one, or you could search on google for others :p

PhoenixAsh
05-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Okay I got totally lost on that link, but thanks a lot I'll keep trying.
Just in case it's helpful, I've got Windows XP, I can play other downloaded videos, the audio comes on when I play Another Story, the audio codec it uses is MPEG Layer-3 Decoder, and when it opens theres a message at some point saying error downloading codec.
Thanks again, sorry I'm useless with this stuff.

Burtsplurt
05-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Try www.divx.com/divx to get the DivX codec. Just select the standard version, as that way you won't see the ads.

PhoenixAsh
05-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Okay I got it working using the Kazaa codecs, thanks a lot.