PDA

View Full Version : witch form is the true lavos?

Dark Knight2003
05-17-2003, 09:05 PM
im kinda conused here on witch form of his would be himself? would it be the shell? because theres no way lavos himself would control hiself outisde would it? cause when u fight his last form it says "lavos core" not lavos..so i was wondering if his fish form was his core (like a humans cell) or somethin..and btw wtf is lavos core suppose to look like.. A FISH WITH A ALIEN SUIT?

Bahamut2000X
05-17-2003, 10:00 PM
The little tiny ball thing on the right of the big weird fish man thingy is the true Lavos. The others are just outer shells of him being controlled by the core. So in actuallyity the untimate evil is just a little floating ball thingy.

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 12:17 AM
so the little floating ball thingy created the alien fish suit as a decoy to confuse people?

Bahamut2000X
05-18-2003, 03:40 AM
Yup. The little ball on the left is for support, and the middle fish guy was meant to make everything think that was the real baddy so you waste time and MP and nearly die to kill it while you get beat up by all 3 and only one can be trully killed. Although if you pay attention when you fight him you see that when the lavos' core does soem move (I think it was either a heal or a defense thingy) it says something which includes Lavos' core and has a battle animation on the core. So it's kinda obvious when it does that who to kill.

Spatvark
05-18-2003, 03:48 AM
What always interested me was when you defeat Lavos, the left orb can be seen as the screen fades to white...

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Lol i thought it was funny when lavos actually did his singing move..lmao i cant belive they made a final boss SING. Oh and btw why was he so damn weak. i mean come on i beat him in my mid 50's if hes so easy on 50's there is no point in exceed to the highlest level .

Ps my sig doesnt work!!!

Super Christ
05-18-2003, 04:58 AM
The point is new game plus. If you got to your mid-50's before you beat Lavos your first time you spent way too much time leveling. The game is designed so that you never have to take time out to level, as long as you don't run away from enemies all the time.

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 06:04 PM
oh well...i level alot i guess because i played ff4....that game practiclly begs u to level..but nontheless chronotrigger was a great game and ive beat it so many times its still great. I enjoyed this title very much.. it has to be my favorite :D

Edit by Gau: Please fix your signature, it screws up the tables.

scottwardADD
07-04-2003, 08:30 PM
dont ever let me say anything that retarded again, I thought the idea that it was a cell like thing was genius..

Velvet Mink
07-09-2003, 06:42 PM
I never understood that part of the game. Throughout the whole adventure they build up the idea that Lavos is just a spikey alien creature - what you see is what you get. Then at the end they show that the shell isn't him. It's like... a space ship or something. The real guy inside is Lavos? Um... okay? No explanation for what this thing inside is. Then in Cross they go back to the idea that the shell IS the real deal, because it's the basis for the Time Devourer. The shell's its body so it must be living, not a space ship type thing... I don't get it. :(

scottwardADD
07-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, first of all, spaceships may be organic. Almost like a horse is transportation for us. But the core is the brain and everything. A human would do the same thing if it wished to take over a planet, use a machine or something bigger to help it. And it makes sense that the time devourer was the big thing of Lavos cause would a little alien really devour time? No, it'd probably need a machine or something bigger to do it. Not a very good opinion, but mine none the less.

Velvet Mink
07-10-2003, 01:13 AM
I just don't like the idea of Lavos being some fish-man/pod thing. He was much cooler as the spikey alien.

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Yeah, some people went as far as to saying that Schala is the true form! Heh! Twisted. Chrono Cross sort of messed up the identity of Lavos...

Outsider
11-22-2003, 04:18 PM
In the "new game +" stuff I found out that is way more difficult to defeat Lavos when he wakes up in the Ocean Palace.

Tgunz262
11-22-2003, 06:09 PM
I had a thought about the lavos spawns.

If the shell is the true Lavos then obviously it just spawned itself for further planet invasion. This invites the question of whether there were little cores inside the spawns.

If the core was the true Lavos then why spawn what appear to be shells, unless they are ship/eggs for the cores to grow.

Just a thought.

scottwardADD
11-24-2003, 07:38 PM
That probably supports the idea that lavos's shell is organic, and that its part of his body, i fhe spawns mini shells of it.

DJZen
11-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah, if you notice, when you kill the lavos spawns the shell gets destroyed too..... except for one, which you need to push into the right spot so you can climb it and use the chrono trigger. Anyway, why can't he be both the outer shell AND the inner being? Remember, he's an alien, he doesn't have to conform to our preconcieved notions of what a life form is. Lavos isn't even necesarily a he. How could a male reproduce alone?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Lavos is typically called "he" because we're speaking English, in which male pronouns are the default when referring to somebody in general or ambiguous terms. "He" is correct simply because we don't know for sure.

Grammar aside, I think it could reproduce asexually. It could shoot of some of its spikes, and then they could grow into new Lavi over time--like a starfish.

ForeverZeroUltima
11-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
It could shoot of some of its spikes, and then they could grow into new Lavi over time--like a starfish.

*shudders*
like a starfish????? *sigh*
or maybe it just clones itself. anyway why are we talking about this? We're talking about which form is the true lavos and next we're talking about biology.
and if your answer is that we've already decided which form is teh real one, then why don't we open another thread about this new topic?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2003, 12:09 AM
That would be cumbersome.

Doomgaze
12-06-2003, 07:33 AM
It would assimilte the DNA of the planet's creatures to both upgrade itself and give birth to its spawn, which would be clones. Then these clones would find new worlds to assimilate, and so on.

The interesting thing to wonder is how many generations has Lavos gone through? Is he just one of a swarm of creatures cutting a swath across the universe?

Mordak
03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
In my mind, this Lavos core/shell thing is really quite simple. To aviod confusion, lets compare Lavos to a Human. The Core is the brain, the shell is the body, organs, etc. See? Real simple

DJZen
03-15-2004, 02:41 AM
That analogy only fails because a human brain can't fight back. At least, not that I'VE seen. Lavos isn't human though. My personal theory is that lavos is everything you fight when you fight lavos. The out shell is part of him, but when you destroy it you don't necesarily destroy his whole body. If you cut off a person's arm they won't necesarily die, but they WILL lose a limb. If you destroy Lavos's outer shell it won't necesarily kill him, but he does loose that weird beak thing. Perhaps the lavos spawn are just weaker and when their shells are destroyed it leaves them so vulnerable and exposed that they just die.

Chibi Youkai
03-15-2004, 04:29 AM
Mabye his shell is a defanse mecanism. It reacts when it is touched, helping to protect the weaker inside.