PDA

View Full Version : Experience in ff1, ff3j

DocFrance
05-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Does anyone else *need* your characters to have the exact same amount of experience in these two games? In other words, do you restart your game if you win a battle and one of your characters is dead, meaning he'll/she'll have a different amount of experience than the others? Does it drive you nuts if your characters don't levelup at the same time?

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:03 AM
no, i don't absolutely have to have my characters with the same amount of EXP after each battle. i understand the point in having everyone at the same point, but i don't bother to do restart my game if one character misses out on the EXP.

Kirkpatrick
05-18-2003, 05:38 AM
I don't *Need* to have them all the same, but I do try - if it's a pointless battle just outside of a town, then I'll restart, but if it's a boss battle or near the end of a dungeon *cough*Ice Cave*cough* then I'll usually let it go.

Dragonfire
05-18-2003, 10:15 AM
I used to be like that too, but I've learned to just let it go. In FFI I guess I can say I've "mastered" it over the years that I don't ever die, with the exception of from Rub/Kill. In FF3j, I find it almost impossible to not have a character miss at least one battle, especially when fighting the Big Rat. I'm not big on spending time leveling up, so that hurts sometimes as well.

Book
05-18-2003, 12:51 PM
At first it pissed me off when someone died and I missed out on the EXP but I moved on :)

Turin
05-19-2003, 03:16 AM
I don't care too much unless its a BIG load of exp...... but if I'm not mistaken (at least in origins) if you gain a level don't the extra exp that would go into the next level seem missing to you?

Faris_the_guy
05-19-2003, 10:17 PM
no, its just you Learn how to do math(no offense)