PDA

View Full Version : A real rpg experince i thought up

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 04:30 AM
Well ive been thinking and im kinda religious so i belive in the lord but anyway anyone know about the prohiecy of satan ruling all nations and all that and taking the world over? Well this is how its related to ff ..would anyone here wanna go and destroy him like in a rpg game like FF? i mean i would actually feel like gathering a team to go and confront him..would anyone actually wanna do this if it were to come true? Because i actually wouldnt stand for it ..he would have to be stopped..any opinions and would u feel like gonna go and do this?

Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Psychotic
05-18-2003, 12:03 PM
If that ever really did happen, you can count on me, just gimme a sword or lance and I'll fight the evil er... what exactly IS Satan? isn't he like an ex-angel? so, gimme a sword or lance and I'll fight the evil fallen angel.

PhoenixAsh
05-18-2003, 12:34 PM
*Nods discretely at the White House*

I'll grab the swords.

DocFrance
05-18-2003, 07:22 PM
*Grabs a few marbles and begins taping them to a bracelet*

What? :D

King Michael
05-21-2003, 03:35 AM
I would definitely joreparing now? And i do remember a prophecy of Satan taking over the world. It is when Christ comes back. Well in that case, if you're Christian wouldn't you be taken with him? (Satan takes over after Christ takes everyone who is a believer to heaven.) Well, i want to do it. He may be an Angel of Hell, but i will be by your side. Gimme a sword, or a lance (like Psychotic), and some armor like Dart's from the Legend of Dragoon and i'm in. (Or you can just gimme a sword and some normal armor and i'll be there.) By the way, where are we all gonna met?

muchacho
05-21-2003, 03:48 AM
oh oh i want to use spears/lancer to be the mysterious dragoon that comes and goes as i please. and i also want that really cool hat

http://www3.baylor.edu/~Tracy_Nguyen/quizzes/dragoon1.jpg
*dragoon*

a master of the spear and lance.

quiet; loyal; dedicated
http://www3.baylor.edu/~Tracy_Nguyen/quizzes/dragoon2.jpg
[b][Final Fantasy Tactics Job Class (http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/ffclassesquiz.html)]

Book
05-21-2003, 10:46 AM
I'll cast Nuke on Satan (if I have enough mp :rolleyes2 )

Zyx
05-23-2003, 04:15 AM
If you wanna know what I'll do to Satan then talk to King Micheal. He knows all about my cruel ways.:evilking:

DJZen
05-23-2003, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, fight against Satan? It'd be futile. He's an angel and therefore more powerful than any human could ever possibly be. Besides that, my dog ain't in that fight. If there's a war you can count on me to avoid it. Now, if Satan stole my vinyls..... Oh man, that's one hornet nest you DON'T want to disturb....

King Michael
05-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Zidoran
If you wanna know what I'll do to Satan then talk to King Micheal. He knows all about my cruel ways.:evilking:

Believe me. You DON'T want to know what Zidoran is thinking. And like i said before, i would think it was awesome. I don't care that he's an Angel of Hell, we're gonna die anyway, and we can still get to heaven. We're just protecting the people!!!! Also, the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse would be like the Weapons in FF7, except we don't have to go out of our way to fight 'em. :magus:

Zyx
05-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Actually, it would be pretty easy I think. Because he stands for all that is evil. When he tempted Jesus in the desert all Jesus had to do was qoute the Bible and Satan ran like a sissy. Also when a person goes to heaven they are higher than angels.

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
If that ever really did happen, you can count on me, just gimme a sword or lance and I'll fight the evil er... what exactly IS Satan? isn't he like an ex-angel? so, gimme a sword or lance and I'll fight the evil fallen angel.

The Satan is the ruler of the under-world(Hades). I too am religious, so let's go kick some Satan @ss

King Michael
05-24-2003, 03:49 AM
The funny thing is, we talk big now, but if the time really came would we do it? I mean, i know it's hard to answr because it's not happening. But this IS Satan here. Well, i thought about it and i would go. God rocks and i would be honored to defend him. (not that he needs it)

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:30 PM
I don't think swords and spears will hurt it:(

Enigma
05-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Forget swords and lances, let's just bomb his ass :)

King Michael
05-26-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Enigma
Forget swords and lances, let's just bomb his ass :)

Bombs are BORING! What's the fun in fighting if you're gonna be far away when it happens? I want some sword to satan action goin on

DJZen
05-27-2003, 09:35 AM
*the master of Zen cracks his spiritual knuckles*

Okay, let us begin with "evil". What is evil? Evil can not be clearly defined. The only premise that I hear over and over when "evil" is defined is things that are harmful. Now, let's go out on a HUGE limb right here and say that there IS a definition of evil and that it IS things that are harmful. Harmful would include fighting and therefore by fighting Satan, the "embodiment of 'evil'", you would just be committing an act of "evil". Now, this obviously makes no sense because how can combatting evil be an act of evil? Okay, let's expand our definition of "evil" a bit. Let's say that evil is an act which only causes harm and does not protect. Hence, defending oneself against evil would not be qualified as evil. However, simply joining the side of "good" without being personally attacked is not defending oneself. This is what is called a "pre-emptive attack" which is an attack that is made to counter a POTENTIAL attack. Given that humans are capable of error, a pre-emptive attack uses flawed logic. Watch Minority Report. Now, the only POSSIBLE conclusion that I personally can make is that the only way to fight against evil while remaining good is to defend oneself as is presently necesarry. This means only fight back as much as you personally have to in order to survive (and feel free to use as loose of a definition of survive as you like, I won't debate it). After that, you would only be commiting an act of "evil" of your own. Now, to fight Satan in this manner you would have to be personally threatened by Satan and fight back only until it was no longer necesarry. This means as soon as he "runs away like a wussy", you have to stop fighting or you would only be committing an act of evil.

Now, this STILL makes no sense whatsoever because Satan is the "embodiment of 'evil'" and therefore, if he is fought in an "evil" method, you are still fighting "evil", and therefore cannot POSSIBLY be committing an act of "evil". This brings us back to the question of "what is evil?" Well, let's try a different method of thinking. Let's start at the other end of the problem. Let's start with Satan.

Satan is "evil" incarnate, right? Well, on this assumption we can only assume that Satan is only capable of acts of evil. Given this assumption, we must only look at Satan's acts to see what "evil" is. For example, the act that got Lucifer cast down from heaven. Lucifer (god's favorite, right?) took the form of a snake and tempted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. From this, we can see that taking on alternate forms, manipulation, deception, temptation and knowledge are evil. In addition, the icing on the cake was that God SPECIFICALLY said NOT to eat the forbidden fruit. It's hard to misunderstand that one. Lucifer talked Adam and Eve (well, Eve really...) into disobeying God, and they disobeyed God. We can therefore assume that God is "good".

Well, we know that you can't simplify the definition of "evil", so you can't just say an act in and of itself is "evil" because it may be an act of "evil" done in order to do "good". The example of a man stealing bread to feed his starving family comes to mind. Therefore, the acts of taking an alternate form, manipulation, etc. are not evil in and of themselves. The qualifier that makes them "evil" is that they were done to disobey God. This must make God "good". It can therefore be concluded that "evil" acts are acts that are done in defiance of God. This makes some amount of sense, as God created the universe according to the bible. Thus, all one has to do to be "good" is to be in accordance with what God commands. Simple enough, right?

Now we get to another interesting subject.... Fighting Satan. Let's assume God commanded us to fight Satan. This would be a futile effort, as Satan is more powerful than any human. We're not talking Superman or Magneto here. We're talking about something that cannot be killed. Not by a human anyway. It seems that God would be able to destroy Satan since God is omnipotent, but hasn't for some reason. Let's not question this since that would be digression. Now, this means that to do "good" would in this case be futile. However, looking at this from a more metaphorical standpoint, you can fight Satan in a non-literal way. To do this you would simply have to obey God and defy Satan.

The only possibility I can think of as far as "fighting Satan" is living according to the bible, and giving a quick glance to select passages from the Old Testament, we're none of us doing that.

Now that I've wasted your and my time I'd like to say this much. I only wrote this as a mental excersize. If you're upset by this, I apologize and say to you that you're taking me far too seriously. I am not trying to say who's right and who's wrong. If you take this as anything more than something to think about, you are misinterpreting me completely. I just wanted to give people some brain fodder.

theundeadhero
05-28-2003, 12:09 PM
I don't think nuke would work to well considering Hell is a place of fire and brimstone and stuff. Maybe we could use a phoenix down on him? If you don't think that would work I'll grab the nearest set of chopsticks and try to poke out his eye. It's hard to be an evil ruler when you can't see, ya know. Let's meet up in... how about Japan.

Enigma
05-29-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by King Michael
Bombs are BORING! What's the fun in fighting if you're gonna be far away when it happens? I want some sword to satan action goin on

I'm not fighting for fun, I'm fighting for my life. But if bombs don't work, swords, lances, and crystals that I claim to be Materia will have to do :D

Advent Child
05-30-2003, 02:54 AM
tch. I'd be fighting for fun.

To me, that would be my heaven. Living in a game, fighting.

EDIT: C'mon! I've waited 5 minutes! SOMEBODY TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD WHO IS UNAFFECTED BY ALL MODERN WEAPONS!

Psychotic
05-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by d0p
EDIT: C'mon! I've waited 5 minutes! SOMEBODY TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD WHO IS UNAFFECTED BY ALL MODERN WEAPONS!

Pfft, I can do better than take over the world, I just invaded the Sun with no modern weapons. I mean, who the hell can actually stop me? Well, I didn't invade the Sun, rather I claimed it as mine.

Strider
05-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, you know, the idea with Satan might work if he and his minions were able to obliterate the vast majority of mankind and decimate our technological capabilities, effectively setting us back in the Stone Age. In that case, we'd probably have to have a renaissance of some sorts, in order to rebuild and combat the forces of evil.

EDIT: If we were going to fight Satan, the idea to base the story on the Book of Revelation as some people have mentioned (i.e. The Four Horsemen) might be a good one.

theundeadhero
05-31-2003, 09:04 AM
One of these nifty swifty programmers are probably going to start making this game now....cool!

Strider
05-31-2003, 09:07 AM
*copyrights his ideas to protect against infringement*

Blackmage
05-31-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm not exactly religious or anything, but if some Satan-like figure came and started messing crap up like that, yeah, I'd want to go beat the friggin' crap outta him.

As long as it doesn't involve a sidequest dodging birds while riding an emu. Or some impossibly hyperactive girl as a team member. Or never going to the bathroom. Or robotic stuffed animals. Or dodging lightning. As long as I don't have to worry about any of that, then I'd go and fight the little prick.

...MEDOKEN!

Faris_the_guy
05-31-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Book
I'll cast Nuke on Satan (if I have enough mp :rolleyes2 )

Thats not right...but then again, what is:D

playaGAW
06-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by DJzen
*the master of Zen cracks his spiritual knuckles*

Okay, let us begin with "evil". What is evil? Evil can not be clearly defined. The only premise that I hear over and over when "evil" is defined is things that are harmful. Now, let's go out on a HUGE limb right here and say that there IS a definition of evil and that it IS things that are harmful. Harmful would include fighting and therefore by fighting Satan, the "embodiment of 'evil'", you would just be committing an act of "evil". Now, this obviously makes no sense because how can combatting evil be an act of evil? Okay, let's expand our definition of "evil" a bit. Let's say that evil is an act which only causes harm and does not protect. Hence, defending oneself against evil would not be qualified as evil. However, simply joining the side of "good" without being personally attacked is not defending oneself. This is what is called a "pre-emptive attack" which is an attack that is made to counter a POTENTIAL attack. Given that humans are capable of error, a pre-emptive attack uses flawed logic. Watch Minority Report. Now, the only POSSIBLE conclusion that I personally can make is that the only way to fight against evil while remaining good is to defend oneself as is presently necesarry. This means only fight back as much as you personally have to in order to survive (and feel free to use as loose of a definition of survive as you like, I won't debate it). After that, you would only be commiting an act of "evil" of your own. Now, to fight Satan in this manner you would have to be personally threatened by Satan and fight back only until it was no longer necesarry. This means as soon as he "runs away like a wussy", you have to stop fighting or you would only be committing an act of evil.

Now, this STILL makes no sense whatsoever because Satan is the "embodiment of 'evil'" and therefore, if he is fought in an "evil" method, you are still fighting "evil", and therefore cannot POSSIBLY be committing an act of "evil". This brings us back to the question of "what is evil?" Well, let's try a different method of thinking. Let's start at the other end of the problem. Let's start with Satan.

Satan is "evil" incarnate, right? Well, on this assumption we can only assume that Satan is only capable of acts of evil. Given this assumption, we must only look at Satan's acts to see what "evil" is. For example, the act that got Lucifer cast down from heaven. Lucifer (god's favorite, right?) took the form of a snake and tempted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. From this, we can see that taking on alternate forms, manipulation, deception, temptation and knowledge are evil. In addition, the icing on the cake was that God SPECIFICALLY said NOT to eat the forbidden fruit. It's hard to misunderstand that one. Lucifer talked Adam and Eve (well, Eve really...) into disobeying God, and they disobeyed God. We can therefore assume that God is "good".

Well, we know that you can't simplify the definition of "evil", so you can't just say an act in and of itself is "evil" because it may be an act of "evil" done in order to do "good". The example of a man stealing bread to feed his starving family comes to mind. Therefore, the acts of taking an alternate form, manipulation, etc. are not evil in and of themselves. The qualifier that makes them "evil" is that they were done to disobey God. This must make God "good". It can therefore be concluded that "evil" acts are acts that are done in defiance of God. This makes some amount of sense, as God created the universe according to the bible. Thus, all one has to do to be "good" is to be in accordance with what God commands. Simple enough, right?

Now we get to another interesting subject.... Fighting Satan. Let's assume God commanded us to fight Satan. This would be a futile effort, as Satan is more powerful than any human. We're not talking Superman or Magneto here. We're talking about something that cannot be killed. Not by a human anyway. It seems that God would be able to destroy Satan since God is omnipotent, but hasn't for some reason. Let's not question this since that would be digression. Now, this means that to do "good" would in this case be futile. However, looking at this from a more metaphorical standpoint, you can fight Satan in a non-literal way. To do this you would simply have to obey God and defy Satan.

The only possibility I can think of as far as "fighting Satan" is living according to the bible, and giving a quick glance to select passages from the Old Testament, we're none of us doing that.

Now that I've wasted your and my time I'd like to say this much. I only wrote this as a mental excersize. If you're upset by this, I apologize and say to you that you're taking me far too seriously. I am not trying to say who's right and who's wrong. If you take this as anything more than something to think about, you are misinterpreting me completely. I just wanted to give people some brain fodder.

You said what I was about how can we fight the epitome of evil without being evil if fighting is evil. The only way to fight it is not to fight but to resist evil. Not fight "resist".

DJZen
06-02-2003, 08:42 PM
yeah, didn't Jay-Z just say something about only love can stop war? Wait, was that Marvin Gaye? Arg..... I need to get my music straight.... Now that's how I'd fight evil, by throwin' down the ones and twos and throwin' a MASSIVE rave! :D