PDA

View Full Version : HP 9999+?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know where I can find armour, with the ability 'Break HP Limit' or where I can find the items that allow me to customize armour to get this ability:hot:

Squall_Leonhart3:16
05-18-2003, 07:02 PM
To get Break HP Limit on your armor, you will need at least 30 Wings to Discovery. To get these, you need to bribe a Malboro. I bribed it at least 600,000 gil and it gave me between 3-5. To make it a lot easier just capture a Malboro, get lots of gil, and fight it in the arena. It may take a while to get so many, but it helps.

Yrkoon
05-18-2003, 09:04 PM
a much cheaper way would be to kill shinryu at the monster arena he drops 2 wings to discovery each time you overkill him :)

The One Winged Angel
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
If you open 3 chests in the race at Remiem temple you get 30, although that only works once, other than that bribing marlboros for about 540,000 or killing Shinryu is ur best bet

Or if you're feeling VERY lucky, Dark Aeons drop armours with it on to ;)

FinalLethal
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
the best way to get wings of discovery is to train in omega ruins with gillionaire ability (you can get this from rikkus celestial weapon). Try and find as many mimics as possible, they give you 100,000gil each time you beat them with gillionaire ability. BTW there is no armour that starts off with break hp limit ability, so i think anyway?
i find the best way to get wings of discovery is with Great Malboro's, since u pay them 1,600,001gil and i usually get 9 wings of discovery and when i gave 675,000gil to a normal malboro i only got like 3, so save before you fight the great malboro in the monster arena and if you dont get alot of wings of discoveries from the great malboro , reset and try again

EDIT- according to my european edition to bribe a malboro its like 675,000 gil and i only got 3 for that

The One Winged Angel
05-21-2003, 08:55 PM
It's actually far quicker and cheaper to fight Shinryu if you can handle him, if not it's more cost effective bribing normal marlboros, i find i can get 3/4 every time for about 500-550k whereas i get 6-8 for 1,600,000 from greater marlbollocks

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 08:07 AM
one winged, read what i wrote again.
To bribe a normal malboro and get between 3-5 it costs like 675,000 not under 600,000 ( i collect the guides for each final fantasy [after i finish the game though]) and those figures are straight from there. it costs 1,600,000 for a great malboro and last time i did it i got 9, and maybe even 10 if i was lucky. i think its better to bribe great malboro's :P

Prodigy
05-22-2003, 09:56 AM
You can get armour with break HP limit from dark aeons. I got a couple of great armours with 4 slots, break hp limit and ribbon.

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 09:59 AM
prodigy, i know your online right now, tell me which dark aeons you got the hp break armour for wakka and auron, so i can go kill them, because i killed dark ifrit,bahamut and valefor already and dark ifrit gave me an army with only fireeater on it? so which aeon?

The One Winged Angel
05-22-2003, 01:13 PM
All the Dark Aeons CAN drop armours with 3-4 slots and any two abilities from: Ribbon, Break HP Limit and 1 more such as Ice Eater, Fire Eater, Lightning Eater, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Curseproof, Auto-Regen, Deathproof and Auto-Phoenix. Surely that's in one of your guides? :P They also Drop Weapons with Break Damage Limit and other good abiities like 1-mp cost, first strike, alchemy, triple overdrive, triple AP etc. but most people will probably already have celestial weapons if they are fighting Dark Aeons so the weapons don't matter.

and if it costs 600,000 gil then how come when i ive them 500-540,000 gil i get 3 or 4 99% of the time? and also how come that the bribe FAQ (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_bribe.txt) also says "Monster: Marlboro
Bribe: Wings to Discovery x4 for 540,000 gil

Monster: Great Marlboro
Bribe: Wings to Discovery x8 for 1,280,000 gil

so i was off with my great marlboro estimation but it's still more cost effective to bribe marlboros

Prodigy
05-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Yup, although bribing is somewhat random. With low returns on the marlboros you're gonna get something like you expect. Still think shinryu is easier unless you just happen to have loads of money lying around.

As for the armours - I kept on fighting the easy Dark Aeons over and over again until they dropped what I wanted. Dak Valefor, Ixion and Shiva - that's where I got my armours from.

Anima was also really easy but I did have 3 ribbons then.

The One Winged Angel
05-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Somewhat, i never spent over 600k gil on a marlboro though

I did that for a bit, but then got bored and wanted more challenge so i killed them and went on.. regretted it.. but seriously i killed Dark Shiva at least 30 times and didnt get one, or not for a character i wanted, and my friend was really lucky here, he fought Dark Ifrit once and got an armour with Break HP Limi, Ribbon and 2 empty slots for Wakka, exactly what he wanted!!!

Yeah, Dark Anima was a really big anti-climax, if you have 3 ribbons, u just quick hit until it's overdrive is ful and then you summon.

FinalLethal
05-23-2003, 04:43 AM
my guide says the malboro bribe is 675,000gil and thats random. One time in the name of experimentation, i bribed a malboro like 2,000,000 and i only got like 8 wings of discovery.

Back to the dark aeon thing, i checked and it does sa you get hp break, but i mean everytime i do kill ifrit i get the crap armour, or the weapon with break damage limit, and it will take even longer if i want a specific armour for a specific person?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-23-2003, 07:47 AM
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread it is a lot of help, I just need to know now how to fight Shinyru?

Prodigy
05-23-2003, 10:55 AM
255 strength, agility, defence,magic defence and evasion if you feel like it.

Then the b*tch goes down very easily.

The One Winged Angel
05-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Very easily indeed, and if you mean you didn't know how to unlock him:
you need 2 splashers, maelspikes and achelous

Yrkoon
05-27-2003, 10:16 PM
yeh get the stats prodidgy said i got they stats on rikku and tidus (wakka light weight) and shinryu doesnt stand a chance.

a turbo controller is aswome for shinryu just cast hastega at start then put x button on turbo mode and repeat :)

oh btw fight shinryu enough times then sell the weapons he drops it will more than cover the cost of fighting him :) (self sustaining way to get wings to discoverey) :)

shinryu will never use eraser on the last guy left as long as 2 guys get eraser on them the 3rd one is safe :) but if you have a downed guy an one active guy left eraser is an option basically dont leave any guys ko'd against shinryu :)