PDA

View Full Version : KH- mushroom hunting

hyper phreak
05-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Whats the point?? and what do u get?? ive read sumthin on them where u have to shoot magic at them for certain things that they do, like i saw one and he was shivering, so i shot fire at him and all i got was a stupid tech point. I hit him 3 times like the thing said and i got nuthing. Help me....please :tongue:

Advent Child
05-19-2003, 07:00 PM
you have to do the 3 RIGHT magic spells in a row and they drop good items.

Blackmage
05-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Alright, White Mushrooms...where to begin...?

First off, they're pretty useful. You may not realize it yet, but they're good to have around. As you've seen, by using a certain spell at a certain time, the Mushroom gets excited and you get 1 Tech EXP. Now, to really reap the rewards, you must use that spell at the right time 3 times on him. So, if he shivers, use Fire. Next time he shivers, do it again and get another 1 Tech EXP, and then again for 10 Tech EXP. He'll drop X Arts (where X = type of magic used on him three times), a gem related to that spell (for Fire, you'll get a Blaze Gem), and there's a chance he'll also drop Mystery Goo, which is used at the Item Synthesis shop at Traverse Town to help get some good accessories as well as Sora's Ultima Weapon.

Advent Child
05-20-2003, 11:42 PM
you odn't NEED to do the SAME spell 3 time in a row. that's only if you want to get the arts.

Blackmage
05-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Eh, the chance of getting Mystery Goo is much higher if you do the same one 3 times in a row.

And, I forgot to mention it in the last post, but once you get one of each of the Arts items, you can get Goofy's Dream Shield by talking with Merlin.

hyper phreak
05-21-2003, 01:28 AM
alright cool, thanks a bunch

Prodigy
05-21-2003, 11:19 AM
You'll find that the blue mushrooms are the best though!

For keeping them up in the air for 100 hits you get a massive 5000exp, 3 mystery goos and a couple of "awards". I found the best place for them was [spoiler] the room before the final save [/quote]. Simply save in that room then go backwards and if the mushrooms aren't there - do a soft reset and reload. Very quick and I got all the mystery goos I needed in an hour.

Blackmage
05-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Actually, Prodigy, I found that Neverland was a much better place to get the Rare Truffles. They show up much more often there at Neverland than End of the World. And it's also a lot easier to hit them 100 times, since you can fly in Neverland; you just start out by hovering barely above the ground next to one, then start hitting away. Keep locked onto him, and the only thing you have to worry about is hoping he doesn't land on a mast far above.

Crud, with all my people having Lucky Strike, I usually get around 8 Mystery Goos everytime (assuming I don't screw up), and they show up there very, very, very often.

Prodigy
05-23-2003, 08:20 PM
You can only get 3 mystery goos from one Rare truffle though yes?

I find that in the room before the final save it's a LOT easier than the clumsy ship to hit them. You're right - they don't spawn there as often but it's a guaranteed 100 hits for me. Simply jump-hit, get a rhythm and you're sorted.

Blackmage
05-27-2003, 01:51 PM
You do only get up to three, but there's 4 Rare Truffles there, thus a potential total of 12 per repop. The reason I prefer to go to Neverland is mainly because of the repop rate. I've only seen the Rare Truffles in the Final Rest like 3 times out of my whole entire time playing (And I've fought there for hours to get Orichalcums from those Invisibles.). While, on the other hand with Neverland, I get them to show up after 3 times entering that area.

That, and I always forget to unequip that Aerial Sweep. :mad: