PDA

View Full Version : Loveless?

Strider
05-18-2003, 09:11 PM
What's that about? Cid mentions the play, and I answered no. Just out of curiousity, is there any way to see what he's talking about?

Kami
05-18-2003, 09:29 PM
what are you talking about?

ZeZipster
05-18-2003, 09:44 PM
After you commit your first terroist attack at the beggining of the game look around the town, you'll see a big sign that says loveless. At least I think, It's been a really long time.

Strider
05-18-2003, 10:03 PM
It's mentioned on the third disc. When you've gathered everyone on the Highwind for the final run at Sephiroth, Cid will mention "Have you ever seen 'Loveless'?" If you answer no, like I did, he'll say something like, "Well, I didn't figure a tough guy like you to be into that kind of thing."

fallen_cloud
05-19-2003, 12:01 AM
You can't see the play, but you can see the above mentioned sign.

Big D
05-19-2003, 12:02 AM
Talk to Cid again. Answer "Yes" to hear one of the game's best anecdotes.:D

fallen_cloud
05-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Yes, you'll get to hear about Cid's snooze.

Burtsplurt
05-19-2003, 09:14 AM
From what I remember, Loveless was an album by My Bloody Valentine. You can just about make out their name on that poster. I'll see if I can get an image.

Edit:

http://www.tireball.com/ff7/images/others/mbv.jpg

I never understood it. Why pretend an album is a play? Hmm. Still, it's definitely worth hearing Cid's little story.

DocFrance
05-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Actually, I thought 'My Bloody Valentine' was an album by 'Loveless', tho I could be wrong. I think that Loveless or whoever was one of the head Square guy's favorite band...

Anyway, I always thought Cid's anecdote was a subtle reference to Aeris... If anyone could get a transcription of that monologue...

EDIT: Here it is:
Right before you enter the North Cave, go back on to the bridge of the Highwind. Talk to Cid, and he'll ask you
"Hey Cloud, have you ever seen the play Loveless?"
Reply "Yeah".
Cid will then say, "I did, once, when I was interviewing to be a pilot in Midgar. I thought it would put me to sleep, and it did. Near the end, the guy next to me woke me up saying my snoring was too loud. All I remember is the end: the sister of the lead tells her lover 'I'll come back, even if you've moved on, because I know you'll be waiting.'"

Oh, and Burtsplurt was right.

Maxico
05-19-2003, 08:07 PM
i would point to a thread a couple of months ago on this topic. but all the old threads seem to hav been deleted so i cant

sorry

meh

MJN SEIFER
05-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Burtsplurt
I never understood it. Why pretend an album is a play?

It's an "External Reference" ya know? Like when an RPG maker (Not the game real ones in this case "Square") make refrences to real things in the REAL world like uhh...Oh yeah a lot of star wars refrences in FF6-7-8 (Biggs and wedge for one!)

Max
05-30-2003, 03:48 PM
If u look in Midgar u can see the sign for the play loveless:greenie: :greenie:

DMKA
06-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Yes, you also see it when Cloud meets Aeris for the first time (When she sells you the flower for 1 gil), and in the game's opening FMV where you see Areis walk out from the alley with the basket of flowers on her arm.;)

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2003, 11:07 PM
And the guards by the Sector 7 pillar will talk about it at some point if you continually talk to them. One of them mentions going to see it, if I remember right.

DMKA
06-04-2003, 07:38 AM
You remember right Abominatrix
;)

ThaJinx
06-20-2003, 03:41 AM
Righteo. And download the album by My Bloody Valentine. It's truly awesome.

Cloud's Soul
06-27-2003, 09:59 AM
I listen to that story a long time ago, and it was long lol, I got really bored, but now it gets better!