PDA

View Full Version : where can i get elixers?

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
hey all im just wonderin where i can get some elixers so i can fight the majic pots cause i really need AB points to fight the weapons :)

thanks in the advance

PhoenixAsh
05-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Your best bet is to use the W-item trick which is easy enough to find out about, and if you don't have the materia is pointless advice so I won't try and explain now.

Shoyku
05-18-2003, 10:31 PM
I'll explain it since Phoenix 17 failed to do so fully. ;D Basically, the W-Item trick helps you create as many of one certain item in your inventory that you want, and how it works is rather simple. What you do is:

1. Equip a character with the W-Item materia.
2. Go into a battle.
3. Use W-Item.
4. Pick the item that you want to be multiplied. (Our example will be of a potion.)
5. Make it so that the first item is potion, and use it on anyone, then make your second item potion, and when the cursor allows you to choose a character to use it on, cancel out once.
6. At this point, you'll be back to choosing your second item, basically, click on the potion again, and when it asks you to choose a character to use it on, cancel out again.
7. At this point, you'll notice your potion number will be going up, continue selecting the potion as your second item and then cancelling out until you get the desired amount of potions, and enjoy.

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 11:26 PM
ah okay thanks guys im guessin this W-item materia is at the gold sauvers battleing arena..well thanks ...i also fought ruby weapon for the 6th time..put up a decent fight but still lost :( looks like ill be gettin KOTR and everything after i go through hours of breeding

fallen_cloud
05-18-2003, 11:59 PM
No no no, you can get it in 2 places. The first is in the excavation site. It's under one of the X's in the ground. I forgot where the other was.

Big D
05-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Nope. W-Item is at the back end of the tunnel in Midgar when you break into the city at the end of disc 2. If you missed it then, you're sunk. I think. Unless you can recover it from the Bone Village excavation?

Elixirs can be obtained by defeating Tonberries in the Northern Crater.

fallen_cloud
05-19-2003, 12:04 AM
I found it at the Excavation site. I didn't even know it was in Midgar. Guess I'll just have to level it up.

HOOTERS
05-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Just steal elixers from the tonberries in the Northern Crater. They are right near the magic pots and it doesn't feel like cheating that way.

razor248725
05-22-2003, 07:59 AM
u can rarely get them from defeating dark dragons in the north creater too.

o_O
05-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes, you can excavate the W-Item materia at Bone Village. I got it this way, my first time thorugh. xD