PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth the money?

Shadowdust
05-19-2003, 02:06 AM
A long time ago, before I found out there were monthly fees, I was extremely interested in FFXI. I thought it would be great for there to be a team EoFF. Now I have to wonder.

You're basically paying monthly fees for a game that eventually will lose its replay value considering that once the money runs dry, it will be discontinued. I like paying for a game and playing it for years and years to come. I don't want something temporary. And especially not for a monthly rate plus the cost of a modem and hard drive.

So tell me, do you think that FFXI is worth all of the cost? Are you going to join the FFXI community?

I personally am not.

Vaprice
05-20-2003, 02:21 AM
I am. Man I dont care how much, seems very interesting and very well long lol.

Yeah, I wonder how much it costs for a monthly rate that is.

Shadowdust
05-20-2003, 04:21 AM
I've heard speculations that it would be like $10 a month. I don't know how accurate that is, but at the end of five months, you'd be overpaying for the game.

darkchrono
05-20-2003, 05:07 PM
also, it will get alot of competition from other online games. Probably many with better gameplay and graphics.

Star Wars Galaxies sounds much more interesting than ff11 does. And will also have a much bigger and more wide spread community than ff11 will. Hence, more people will be playing the game. Hence, much more chances for character interaction.

Leeza
05-20-2003, 10:02 PM
It's not worth wasting my money. First of all, I don't like to play my games on the PC, I like the PS2 better. Second, it takes me a long time to finish a game because I start and stop and start and stop. At $10 a month I'll be paying way too much money for it. It's one FF that I'll have to do without.

ZeZipster
05-20-2003, 10:13 PM
It's not wasting money, it's good entertainment. For rich people. 10 bucks a months is to much for my poor ass. I'll probably get it to find things I can gripe about though. But only because people seem to think the game is perfect and unexploitable.

Bahamut2000X
05-20-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm playing it. The game looks like the best online RPG I have ever seen. Not to mention I'll be playing with all my friends and I'll be making new ones as I play too. Besides it's not so temporary as long as people play it. I mean look at star craft, it's been out since 1995 I beleive (could be wrong, I'm just guessing) it's been out so long and still is played quite a bit. Or look at Ever Quest, still going strong after god knows how long of the same thing.

MinCin
05-22-2003, 12:50 PM
I don´t think I will play this FF. I like to play in my own time and sometimes I don´t play for weeks, it would be difficult for me to do that if I had to play with other people.

Vaprice
05-22-2003, 05:48 PM
OH just $10? or around there? snap In gonna get it, since I have the money, I also like playing on ny PS2 but it maybe new for ne since I usually dont play games on the computer.

Flying Mullet
05-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Online games aren't any fun unless you know the other people you are playing with. I haven't had many good encounters with random gamers on online games. So I'll be staying away from FFXI unless a bunch of people i know start playing it.

Grand Lethal
05-26-2003, 06:58 PM
I agree the cost is a little high, but it FF! If you have seen or read anything about it you would know that it is going to be sweet... and as for lack of interaction, there can be up to 10,000 users for each server and 20 servers... they are expecting it to be huge, and I don't doubt it will be. and if you think it'll disappear after a few years, look at games like warcraft and starcraft... they have been around for quite a while and there are still servers set up to handle those. Sure they may shut down a few servers, but as long as there are people playing then there will be servers.

Oh and as for $10 a month... I make more than that in an hour of work... its not a lot of money for entertainment. How many games do you rent a month and how much does that cost you? Do you go out to see movies, or maybe hang out at an arcade for a few hours? $10 people, its chump change...

playaGAW
05-27-2003, 01:53 AM
HELL NAW!!! I got more important stuff to waste my money on. I still might buy the game though, even though I know It'll make me broke.

pengin
05-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Ten dollers a month is nothing for online gaming...And btw it actually translates to about $8 a month with the current value of the Yen. I got the import and it's worth every penny. Seriously if you don't have it...import it...if you don't speak japanese...wait and hope they release like they say thier going to. I mean all you have to do is go to one less movie a month or stop supersizing your fast food if your tight on money. I think all true RPGers will agree with me when I say Hell ya squaresoft keep the good stuff flowing:whoa:

chappu
06-03-2003, 03:25 AM
Nah, I wouldnt pay for an online game. Considering they'll be spending about $1 from those 10 bucks on the game and the rest will just make the developers richer... Besides, Star Craft onli lasts this long cause there are people willing to play and there are no monthly fees. My friend was an Everquest junkie before, but a few months later he got bored because every game is only so limited, and when you reach the limit its not fun to play anymore. As for playing with your friends, thats not guaranteed. When you create a character you will be assigned to a server, so if they have 20 servers up then youll have 1/20 chance in playing in the same server as someone you know. You could pay extra for a global ticket that will allow your characters to travel between servers but that would cost ya. So basically unless you are a filthy rich person, who couldnt give a damn if he lost a $100 bill, then its not too wise for you to play this game... simple as that.

pengin
06-03-2003, 09:16 AM
You can pick your server as long as you have a friend playing....it cost GIL to buy a world pass not real money...and the world isnt really limited...read a bit about how they set the game up and you'll see they left alot of options for expansion in...knowing square they'll follow up on them...but i am a biased hardcore square fan...

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
I love Final Fantasy. That's a given. But... I dont have the money, and even if I did, I wouldnt pay to watch people run around and have pretend-sex with eachother, like I've seen on Ultima and Ragnorok. Before, there were rumors of a single player no-online mode which made me so happy... but obviously that's not a reality. I think I'll skip XI and use the money I saved on getting some more games I've been missing out on.

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Actually to clear up a few things.

You can pick the server you want withOUT paying gil. You just create your charcter and delete him until you get on the desired server. That's how most of the importers got onto the Ragnarok server.

Star Craft onli lasts this long cause there are people willing to play and there are no monthly fees

Star Craft is free because the graphics aren't full 3-D and the servers require less to run then say 20 servers running a full 3-D world.

I wouldnt pay to watch people run around and have pretend-sex with eachother, like I've seen on Ultima and Ragnorok.

I don't where you thought up of pretend sex but so far that hasn't happened. Oh ya and this isn't Ultima or Ragnarok online. This you have to pay for and the game mods ban cheaters or members that are harrassing others.

TheAbominatrix
06-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
I don't where you thought up of pretend sex but so far that hasn't happened. Oh ya and this isn't Ultima or Ragnarok online. This you have to pay for and the game mods ban cheaters or members that are harrassing others.

I didnt play much Ultima but I did spend many hours watching Shlup and/or her dad play. People would use the movements of the characters going in to/out of war mode to emulate sex, not to mention watching people do the usual text based cyber. I was constantly propositioned while on Ragnorok. Both of these are pay, but there's really nothing they can do about it. I've never seen anyone banned for doing it there, and I highly doubt FFXI will be controlled enough to keep people from doing that.

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Just look at the japanese servers, people are scared to cuss outloud because the mods will tell you not to. They are there to keep a good atmosphere in the game. So I got high hopes for FFXI.

KentucyFriedChocobo
06-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I don't really think FFXI will be worth it for many people. (Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to TRY to get it.) However, in addition to the money that's needed to play it...we must also take the time it consumes into consideration. I've heard that traveling between citites can take several hours and leveling up is quite time consuming as well. I'm guessing that people who aren't exactly rich and people who have busy schedules will be excluded from the game. This is understandable though...without the money the world wouldn't be so huge, there would be no more upgrades, etc. I suppose it's our money makes sure that there will never be a limit to reach! :love:

Ouch!
06-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Time is more of an issue than money for FFXI. It can take about 72 hours to gain ten levels... or at least that's my understanding. Squaresoft did that so that the game would last.

That brings me to why the game will last. At the moment the level cap is 65... I think. Last I've heard, in future patches Squaresoft intends to raise this level cap to 250. And they also plan to constantly add things, like the four new classes they've got going. The plot that they have now is not the final one, they plan to add more to it, just like everything else.

I don't care about money, I make enough of it on my own. $10 isn't that much, as GL said. So what, I won't go to the movies as often. I don't really care. I'm getting it.

Shadowdust
06-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Grand Lethal
Oh and as for $10 a month... I make more than that in an hour of work... its not a lot of money for entertainment. How many games do you rent a month and how much does that cost you? Do you go out to see movies, or maybe hang out at an arcade for a few hours? $10 people, its chump change...

$10 a month doesn't sound bad until you start adding in your phone bill, gas & electric, rent, car insurance, groceries, etc. Then you start to realize that maybe you can't afford it.

In my opinion, FFXI would be worth playing for five months only. After that, you'd be overpaying considering that most PS2 games cost $50.

ZeZipster
06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Shadowdust
$10 a month doesn't sound bad until you start adding in your phone bill, gas & electric, rent, car insurance, groceries, etc. Then you start to realize that maybe you can't afford it.

In my opinion, FFXI would be worth playing for five months only. After that, you'd be overpaying considering that most PS2 games cost $50.

You don't get it free. You have to pay for buying it and then paying the monthly fee. From what I can see.

EDIT: Super Rant Added.

You know I don't remember ever sitting with FF buddies and saying "You know what guys instead of another FF they should just make an online game and call it an FF and then make us wait for an offline FF". NO FF FANS WANTED AN ONLINE RPG, THEY'D OF GOT SOME THING ELSE IF THEY DID. But Squaresoft wants to take risks, do new things, and make more profit from the looks of it...

On Final Fantasy VII, Nomura stated that the chances of a sequel were unrealistic. Since Final Fantasy X-2 was built mostly off the engine of its predecessor, it was fairly easy to quickly produce a sequel. However, the much older engine of Final Fantasy VII would be unusable, and the game would have to be built mostly from scratch. This would require the development time and resources of a brand new Final Fantasy.

Bastards. Screw Square Enix or Square Penis what-ever the hell their calling themselves I don't EVER want to buy another FF from those jack-asses. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU MAKE MILLIONS OF PROFIT OFF OF ONE SEQUEL THEN SAY THAT MAKING ANOTHER IS TO MUCH WORK!? I'm beginning to think they think all FF7 fans are there bitches, there hooked and they will not stop buying their products, so why do any thing for old FF fans when they can do newer more exciting things to attract new, and more stupider in most cases, fans. I'm really pissed.

FindingQuest
06-10-2003, 07:16 AM
Guys and Gals... i know its hard to say this but when you work yes you pay for the bills...but you know $10 is nothing thats just money to spend. If you say you don't have enough money to spend then...i dunno...do you every do anything fun? I make $20 for mowing the grass at other ppls houses...thats 2 months of playing time..then mow more and more...soon you have enough for a year. DOn't forget the holidays, i get around $200 for chirstmas and birthday....i know i sound spoiled...i just ahve alot of aunts and uncles...abit to much...beside the point its not hard to earn $10 bucks and easy enough to get it....i have $20 in pennys....dunno why but i do :eep:

Rostum
06-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Get a hold of yourself ZeZipster, I thought we got rid of you from these forums! Stop argueing.

If you don't like Square-Enix, then don't buy their products, but don't go ranting on a forum about it because no one gives a crap. Until you make a highly successful company that make games, then I suggest you close your mouth. Expecialy if you haven't even played the game yourself. They do have to compete with competition you know, they are allowed to try new things.

Anyways, back to the topic. I find that 10 dollars (Actually 20 dollars here) is fine, and I have the resources to pay for that. I think it's just fair to keep them servers up, and to keep adding expansions and such.

Leeza
06-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Mojo Pin, ranting about Square-Enix is one thing, but ranting about your fellow EoFF member is quite another thing all together. Get hold of yourself.

ZeZipster
06-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Mojo Pin
If you don't like Square-Enix, then don't buy their products, but don't go ranting on a forum about it because no one gives a crap. Until you make a highly successful company that make games, then I suggest you close your mouth. Expecialy if you haven't even played the game yourself. They do have to compete with competition you know, they are allowed to try new things.

People do give a crap. I don't need to have a highly successful gaming company to change peoples decisions (and theirs a lot of people undecided so maybe even make people have a decision). Maybe YOU need a big company to make decisions for you but I don't. I don't think 10 dollars is cheap. I don't like Online games. I don't want to just give them my money and join with every one else because I know it wasn't always like that, when Squaresoft changed the trust was gone and I could no longer just throw my cash at them and hope they give me some thing good. To many risks now, what if I give them my money, pay for 1 month and decide I don't like it? I'll have payed for 60$ and I won't be able to go back 2 months later to replay it, because of the stupid monthly fee. I don't want Online interaction for a Final Fantasy, Squaresoft used to decide how popular the main character was, the personality of the other party members, and what all the characters in the game will say... Now they don't and I don't know what to expect from Jimbob123423. I don't want to have to deal with stupid questions from newbies. "D00d WTF OMG OMG WERE DID U GET ARMOR????/" in a Final Fantasy? Forget it. It's not a Final Fantasy.

Bahamut2000X
06-10-2003, 08:35 PM
ZeZipster, I respect that you have a opinion and that your saying it, I don't respect that fact that you have been doing this for months going on and on how you dislike the game and won't be buying it. It's simple, if you don't like the game you can say it a couple times and then get out of the forum, but you continue to rant about the game, and you have done it for many many months and I know I speak for all the pro FFXI players when I say, please go somewhere else because we know your standing on the game and we're tired of your continuing to rant about it for months.

ZeZipster
06-10-2003, 08:51 PM
ZeZipster, I respect that you have a opinion and that your saying it, I don't respect that fact that you have been doing this for months going on and on how you dislike the game and won't be buying it. It's simple, if you don't like the game you can say it a couple times and then get out of the forum, but you continue to rant about the game, and you have done it for many many months and I know I speak for all the pro FFXI players when I say, please go somewhere else because we know your standing on the game and we're tired of your continuing to rant about it for months.

Note that you have 4 replies to this thread. Also note that I have 4. But because I'm opposed to the game instead of all for it, I have to leave? Maybe you should leave, seeing as we know your standing on the game. We should just all leave this forum as soon as our opinion is out because then we know how every one feels. I argue for the sake of convincing people to think for themselves and because some one responded to my post. I can't convince you or any veterans to this forums to even consider not playing the game, I don't know why. Have you actually played FFXI?

Bahamut2000X
06-10-2003, 09:05 PM
No I have not played the game but at least I don't bad mouth the game for months despite my not playing, and most likely not even looking up info for it. I have studied the game quite a bit and know plenty about it and I think it's a great game from what I've seen.

I am asking you politly to stop posting in this forum if all your going to do is rant about the game (I'm not the only one that's been saying this either). As I said, I understand if you say you dislike the game for a few posts, but when you rant everywhere in the forum for months on end it's gets irratating and annoying to have to see someone bad mouthing a game that looks great.

I argue for the sake of convincing people to think for themselves

I think for myself. Are you saying since I will be playing FFXI I am a mindless zombie? I don't think ranting about you opinion is going to make people change if their going to get the game or not. That's sorta the reason why it's a opinion because it's yours and yours alone, you can't force your opinion on others, as you seem to be trying.

ZeZipster
06-10-2003, 09:18 PM
No I have not played the game but at least I don't bad mouth the game for months despite my not playing, and most likely not even looking up info for it. I have studied the game quite a bit and know plenty about it and I think it's a great game from what I've seen.

I am asking you politly to stop posting in this forum if all your going to do is rant about the game (I'm not the only one that's been saying this either). As I said, I understand if you say you dislike the game for a few posts, but when you rant everywhere in the forum for months on end it's gets irratating and annoying to have to see someone bad mouthing a game that looks great.

Don't call your self a pro player of some thing you haven't played. I Don't doubt the greatness of it. When I said "I argue for the sake of convincing people to think for themselves" I meant as in NOT listening to only all the good ravings about it. I'm not forcing my opinions on others, They can and YOU can put me on ignore.

Bahamut2000X
06-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Don't call your self a pro player of some thing you haven't played.

Please tell me where I said that? I looked over my post several times and saw no such thing of my saying.

I meant as in NOT listening to only all the good ravings about it.

Quite obviously we pay attention to the bad things people say about the game too, or else no one would make a comment on posts made by you on this subject.

They can and YOU can put me on ignore.

Ok if everyone ignored your posts in this forum then there would be no reason for you to even post in this forum if they were just ignored. Besides none of us have the ability to know what posts we should ignore and which we should read.

Leeza
06-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Okay, this is enough bickering about who should be posting in this thread. The thread is about whether or not people think that FFXI will be worth the money and I don't see that ZeZipster is doing anything but that.

You do have the ability to know which posts you want to read, Bahamut. Just block off the person that you don't want to read any posts by. You don't get to pick and choose the posts that you want to ignore, just the poster.

ZeZipster
06-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Please tell me where I said that? I looked over my post several times and saw no such thing of my saying.

You said:
and you have done it for many many months and I know I speak for all the pro FFXI players when I say

Bahamut2000X
06-11-2003, 04:23 AM
When I said pro, I said pro as in the opposite of con. Either way you said that I said I was a good player, in which case even if I meant the other meaning of pro it wouldn't matter.

Rostum
06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Let the games begin... again! Sheesh, why can't we just all get along?

playaGAW
06-12-2003, 03:10 AM
How are either of you going to say this game is good or bad without playing it. It makes you both sound like ignorant hippocrites.

SuperStoner420
06-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Ten dollars a month is average for online games and considering it is FF it is worth the money.Even though they could drop the price a little i still will find myself digging in my pockets to pay for it.

Jolie
06-22-2003, 10:22 PM
I heard it mentioned above that FFXI will not do well because true fans of FF will not want to play an online game.

I think this is a bit of a general statement -- I'm sure there are people out there who play online games -and- like Final Fantasy.

Fact of the matter is, FFXI is a really good online game. It's one of the best I've ever played and I've played many. I think it's going to do very well, and people who refuse to give it a shot -- well, that's their right. It's a game, not a mandatory subject in school or a federal law. But they'll be missing out.

Plus, you can play it on the PS2. It runs like a dream and you're interacting on the same server as the PC users. It looks gorgeous. It's blisteringly fun. So. Yes, I'm going to get it, not because I have to have all Final Fantasy games, but because -this- one is really, really good.

pag.xero
06-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Well Shadowdust, it seems your problem isnt with FFXI really, it's MMORPG's. Seems to me like you havent played really any PC RPG's. Which means that you've probably never played a MMORPG. Monthly fees is a standard in the genre, maybe you should do a little research before you say a game isnt worth it.

So quit the bitching about the monlthy fee and play a different game.

Leeza
06-23-2003, 07:57 AM
pag.xero, your post was uncalled for. Do not insult the intelligence of another member. The topic is about whether or not you feel that FFXI is worth the money, not Shadowdust's knowledge on MMORPG's.

pag.xero
06-23-2003, 08:03 AM
i dont insult people who actually have something intelligent to say...even though i may not agree with it. It's not his position i'm ripping on....it's his reasons. If this game ends up sucking then it may very well not be worth buying.However, his position is unnoriginal, uninformed random babble. i just hate seeing worthless topics.

Leeza
06-23-2003, 08:12 AM
You should not be insulting anyone for any reason...period. If you thought that this was a worthless topic then you should not have posted in this thread in the first place.

pag.xero
06-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Now what fun would that be?

Bahamut2000X
06-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Actually ShadowDust is quite well informed about the fact the game is online. He was actually the one organizing groups several years ago when we first learned it was online (and when he planned to play) but he seems to be more worried at the fact that he has a monthly fee to pay and not have all the time to play it, thus wasting money.

Leeza
06-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Now what fun would that be? - pag.xero

Sorry, but I guess I wasn't making myself very clear. I wasn't asking you to not insult members, I was TELLING you not to insult other members on this board. If you find that fun then find a board that appreciates that sort of posting.

People place their values on many different things. Shadowdust places more value in making sure that he has enough money for the month over playing FFXI. He didn't say that the game itself sucked. Maybe you should do more research (reading all posts) yourself before you say that someone else's are uninformed random babble.

By the way, you didn't answer the topic question: Do you think that FFXI is worth all of the cost?

pag.xero
06-24-2003, 06:50 AM
First off i wasnt really insulting him, it's just this topic has been exhausted many times over, it would have been a good topic maybe 5 years ago when ultima online was the first major mmorpg. It's a simple question, can you afford 10 bucks a month or not?

Kalel
07-03-2003, 11:58 PM
I agree with Bahamut2000. FFXI looks like the best looking and fun online game around. No online game looked that good before and offers that much detail with so many jobs.
FFXI will not be the end of offline final fantasies. Its just a online one. No one says you have to get a online final fantasy just because it has the name. Man, buy what you want and don't buy it if you hate before it comes out. It will save yourself the trouble.

Tom Morello
07-04-2003, 05:26 PM
I've played it and it ownz all, and so yes I am getting FFXI and paying for the monthly fee.

You people who are ranting should realize something. FFXI will cost like 39.99 or something very close to that... so playing for 3 months would cost you 69.99, which is about as much as an offline game, except this game completely ownz. And plus, I think the first month is free :D

This game truly is fantastic, and everyone who thinks it's bad just because it's not offline like the rest of the FF games is just opposed to change.

Embrace change! Sometimes change is exactly what you need! :D

Kalel
07-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Final Fantasy Xi is worth every cent. Not to like a game because its online is dumb. If you didn't play it, than you don't know how game is.
I never was interested in online games. But Final Fantasy XI will be the game to get me to play online. Graphics are best of any online game, almost as good as any offline game. Plus you play any ff job in series basically. Plus its about fantasy with great looking characters you can create. I still can't get over the fact that I will play a Final Fantasy with other people.

There are 3 online games coming out: 1. Final Fantasy XI, 2. Star Wars Galaxies and 3. Resident Evil. These games will bring gamers to new levels. Bahamut2000, tell us how the feel of FFXI?

All I can say, don't put game down just because you don't have the money for it. I couldn't get my favorite car, Ford Mustang for awhile but I didn't put it down. I got it and I am happy. Find some work and you will be able to afford the game. If you have good computer and internet already. A extra $10.00 a month won't hurt. Don't fear change people. One online game doesn't effect the future Final Fantasy series. Online games go on for a while. So, if game does great which is likely, other fantasies will be offline while there is one online game.

To all those naysayers of Final Fantasy XI :tongue:

LOL

playaGAW
07-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Kalel you said if you didn't play a game then you don't know how it is so how do you know the game is good and worth every cent.

Kalel
07-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Playagaw, by all the reviews/previews by gamespot, video game magazines, seeing game in action by co workers at my job who had inport. I saw him playing game and he told me how it worked. I saw it in action. If I could understand Japanese and stuff I would get the import for sure. I made my statements by my opinions on game not to disagree with someone to disagree.

But I do understand ZeZipster brought up, because this game will cost money. Best I can say is when its out for everyone in October you'll have more feedback from more people on game. Plus more reviews for you to go by to get game.

For me, I think it will be worth it. But you got good point this game will cost big money. Your own judgement is always best, so I recommend going by it. But some beta testers and more experience Import players can probably help you out.
Good luck on your decision. ZeZipster

Rostum
07-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Either way the games comming out, it's already in Beta stage, so why fight it? If you don't have the money, simply don't buy it.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Personally I think it is definatly worth the money....

Unless you have to go out and buy a new computer just to play it or somthing.

Its like joining a club that lets you go out and have fun whenever you want at any time all month for only $10

The initial price may be steep if you have to purchase a comp ore somthing.

I am getting a new comp anyways and $10 a month isn't a lot of money for all the entertainment value i will be getting. Hell Id stop paying my cable bill just to keep FFXI because i bet id play more than id watch TV at least the first few months.

As long as there are enough people still paying $10 a month FFXI will continue to operate forever.....

Also if it is Succesful enough you can expect that once some of those 20 servers are empty the'll make a new On-Line FF to fill them Up again.

As long as this one is succesful we might Get more and more Online FF's AND I am sure they will Continue to make Consloe games at the same time.

Hell if this all works out Square-Enix might have to sub-divide into 2 seperate Divisions just to keep up the demand for BOTH Online and Console Games.

Its up to Us to help make this a succes so that Square-Enix may one day be the largest supplier of BOTH online and Console Games of EVERY TYPE!!!!

Thats just my opinion but......think how great it would be.......

Inuyasha23
07-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I dont see the big deal. we're all freaks and we love ff. i dont see y we should even discuss"will you wast your money.." more than half of us will by the game. Its my goal in life to own and have beaten every single ff game ever made and that will ever be made
:choc:

Kalel
07-19-2003, 10:07 PM
I most definitely agree, I must have all the final fanasies because they rule.:tongue:

amkoo
07-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Last time I checked, ZeZippster (sp.?), Final Fantasy 7 isn't as of an old Final Fantasy. I seem to remember Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 designed for the Famicom. As well as Final Fantasy 4(easy version and hard version), 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom. I also remember Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the Super Famicom. There is also the Final Fantasy Legend series for the Gameboy. Don't you dare say that FF7 fans are old fans. I've been playing the series since the first one, including the game boy versions. Yeah they don't do anything for older players eh? Yeah thats why they re-released Final Fantasy 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, and released Final Fantasy 5. 7 old? Don't make me laugh.

ZeZipster
07-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by amkoo
Last time I checked, ZeZippster (sp.?), Final Fantasy 7 isn't as of an old Final Fantasy. I seem to remember Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 designed for the Famicom. As well as Final Fantasy 4(easy version and hard version), 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom. I also remember Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the Super Famicom. There is also the Final Fantasy Legend series for the Gameboy. Don't you dare say that FF7 fans are old fans. I've been playing the series since the first one, including the game boy versions. Yeah they don't do anything for older players eh? Yeah thats why they re-released Final Fantasy 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, and released Final Fantasy 5. 7 old? Don't make me laugh.

How much effort do you think it took them to re-release those? Next to none, they just had to produce copies of it and then market it. They could have done A LOT more. They won't make a sequel to FF7, why? Because it requires actual effort.

Bahamut2000X
07-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Actually in the remakes they did do a lot of effort.

Firstly they added many new features to lot's of them CG movies (some of which are very high quality) also they had some of the original art which could be seen in the games in some of them. Also for the english versions they had to translate FFII, IV, and V. While FFI went under some new translations to be fixed and uncensored. So saying they didn't do much work is a under statement.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-25-2003, 08:24 AM
This is probably the only thing I'll ever agree with ZeZippster on......

Considering all the money they made off of those re-releases.....they really didn't do A LOT of work......

Yes there was work invovled....and it was quit a bit of work.......but it Payed off tenfold.....that means it was worth more than the small effort it required.....

I have The Final Fantasy Cronicals games and I happen to think they did a great job......on the few small things that they changed......but considering that they were pritty much losing money before they re-released them....it was worth it for them.

They must have relized that many of there gamers are children of the playstation.....Didn't join the Final Fantasy Family, untill FF7.......and realized that those ppl were playing the old FF's in Rom form.....thus if they re-released them.......$$$$$$ for them.....

zoti
12-07-2003, 09:26 AM
ĉmmm....... i just wonder, but if you got ADSL is it costing some more than you all reddy are paing??????? just wonder......

FInalfantasyfinatic4
12-27-2003, 06:43 PM
i do not know about u guys but it took me frikin 50 hours to even play the game:mad2:

Microfiend
01-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Like said b4 the question of whether or not ff11 is worth the money is maily based on how much u have or make. Firstly its not $10 its 13. That money is needed to keep the game running and updated. Of course since i dont have a job i think it costs way too much. Im a big CS fan and they update stuff in that plenty but it dont got monthly fees. So I dont exactly agree with the fees, but because of the fact that my friends are now playin it all the time instead of other games, I guess id rather joinem then play cs by myself or watch them play FF11.

Marvin the machine
01-18-2004, 12:04 PM
I get it tomorrow.
Me and my brother are going to pay both so it won´t be that expensive.

Rostum
01-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FInalfantasyfinatic4
i do not know about u guys but it took me frikin 50 hours to even play the game:mad2:

I don't know about you but it only took me 3 hours to install (including all the patches) and that also includes installing a bunch of other software like Photoshop, Illustrator and MX Studio.

It's worth the money though, it's a great game and I love exploring. Still need to get further as I'm only a level 6 Monk.

Thunday Man
01-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Im guessing from all these posts ive read, that 80% of the people here havent played a serious MMORPG. Its not a giant sea of horney people cybering, and having a big orgy. The servers wont go down. im assuiming that they will be up, for 10+ years. Just look at EQ. They 13 bucks a month aint to bad. EVERY MMORPG that is halfway decent is pay. dont even try to squeeze RO into a good MMORPG, because mainly kid play that, and its a POS compared to good, high qual MMORPGs, like DAOC, or FFXI. 13 bucks is teh standard pay per month in every game. its definatly worth the money though, ecspecially if you play like alot. people who play like 2 hours at day, i would definatly suggest this game. people who play a hour or so a day, yeah id still get it. but people who might play like once or twice a week, i wouldnt bother. big MMORPGs take some dedication to play, and usually you dont get very good playing on and off. but hey, you can make a lot of new friends. in DAOC, over my year and a half period, i met so many cool people, some of them my best internet friends. we have had laughs and tears, but im very glad i met them. I knew 90% of Pellinor and Palomides (for my realms) Same as FFXI, Ive met some really cool people, but i havent been playing all that too long, so i dont know that many people hehe. Then again, their are some bad seeds, and everyone hates them. they are fun to make fun of though ;D

buy it! buy it now! stop spamming doublefrost and buy FFXI!~