PDA

View Full Version : Party of choice

bebi vegeta
05-19-2003, 02:20 AM
yo, i was wondering what everybody else uses in their party?
i use edgar, sabin, mog, and shadow

RAVAGER
05-19-2003, 08:39 PM
I usually use Edagr, Sabin , terra and shadow, locke or celes

Flying Mullet
05-21-2003, 08:27 PM
I vary my party every time I play to make it more interesting but it always follows the same style. I always use Locke in my party for his capture ability wiht a Genji Glove. In the WOR I use Sabin or Cyan with a Genji Glove and an offering with super-high strength to deal 10,000+ damage with each turn. Terra or Celes in the WOR with Minerva for excellent defense and finally either Gogo so he can mimic everyone or Edgar as he's also a great all-around character with cool tools.

Lexy
05-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Gogo, Setzer, Mog, and like, either Celes or Edgar. Gogo and Setzer are musts in my opinion. I really like that dice thing the latter does.

bebi vegeta
05-25-2003, 02:16 AM
the main thing i dont like about setzer is his special is unpredictible (although usually i end up with the losing one lagomorph!) and i never use locke, simple as that.
(cyan is another good pick, all of the others are average, sorry)

(gogo is good only if you use him properly, and if you can go for it!)

FallenSilence
03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Locke, Terra, Cyan, Edgar or Shadow. Great team with cool skills and a good balance of magic and strength.

i90east
03-12-2004, 05:47 PM
The last 2 members in my party varies but right now it's:

Gau, Sabin, Celes, Relm

Gau tears up everything throughout the game and his defense and other stats are very high so this is a no brainer. Plus I've found that in order to create the best battle flow you need an automatic character in your party, and Gau is by far the best automatic character. Then there's Sabin. His blitzes are extremely useful throughout the game, and Bum Rush is about as powerful as Gau's Catscratch. Plus Sabin has good evasion. Celes is good because she can equip heavy armor and weapons unlike the other members of my group. Her fight command gets powerful late in the game as does her evasion thanks to evasion boosting weapons. In my Expert Version 2 Relm has control from the start which is quite useful and provides for some interesting battle situations. It's fun seeing what attacks monsters have in their control lists. Plus Relm's magic power is the best in the game, and her evasion is above average. The theme to my group is evasion, defense and power. You can't go wrong with that combination.

Flying Mullet
03-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Whoa, this poor thread was almost at rest finally. Poor thing. :cry:

Almasy
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
my party is Cyan, Sabin, Edgar, and Celes

Azrael85
03-13-2004, 09:45 PM
I usually use Terra, Sabin, Edgar, and Shadow.

Terra = awesome magic strength
Sabin = awesome physical strength and blitzes
Edgar = mild physical strength and tools
Shadow = really good physical strength and throw

Terra with the Illumina, Sabin with the Tiger Fang and Dragon Claw, Edgar with the Atma Weapon, and Shadow with the Stunner.

I really like my party; sometimes I may substitute Edgar or Shadow with Cyan or Gogo, but it usually stays relatively the same.

Lost Heretic
03-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Edgar (Enhanced Strength)
Locke (Enhanced Speed)
Celes (Enhanced Magic Power)
Gogo (Nothing Enhanced)

Skogs
03-23-2004, 12:31 AM
For me it would be:

Sabin - his Blitzes make this one a no-brainer
Shadow - he can chuck all those useless Imp halberds you picked up from levelling in the dinosaur forest.
Terra - Excellent magic, good attack, can beef up with Morph
Celes - Also a good all-rounder.

By the endgame, Sabin and Shadow can easily deal max damage with their abilities. Celes and Terra back them up with magic and physical attacks.

babybahamut
03-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Locke- capture means not only do I have a powerful attack, but also get an item from it sometimes.

Terra- powerful magic, and morph has saved my butt in many a battle.

Sabin- Bum rush. 'nuff said.

Shadow- powerful, quick, can throw all the weapons I dont want anymore. Very handy. Plus hes the only character of mine with ultima. currently.

William
03-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Well...my party that I used the most would have to be:

Edgar
Sabin
Cyan
Gogo

It's a power team in my opinion, once you get Sabin's bum rush, the offering and genji glove on Cyan, Edgar to use his tools and gogo to mimic either one of them (preferrably Cyan).

Although I did mix in Shadow every once in a while, but not often.

Daryl
03-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I never really had one set party. I would usually favor a combination of four of the following: Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Setzer. I would also use Cyan and Shadow sometimes, and Gogo. I rarely used Strago, Gau, Umaro, Relm, or Mog.