PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a ff10-3

darkchrono
05-20-2003, 07:54 PM
If X-2 is successful do you know if their are plans to carry on the story even further. Or will X-2 be the very end to the ff10 story.

The One Winged Angel
05-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Finish X-2 and find out

Magai
05-20-2003, 08:38 PM
I hope not, It better all end with X-2 please. It has to.

Pancaek
05-21-2003, 01:55 AM
I'm going to be slightly ticked if they make an X-3. Sure, FFX was good, but it hardly deserves a sequel, let alone another one. I'd rather Square spent their time on making completely new FF's.

SuperPac
05-21-2003, 04:25 AM
No, in fact, there won't be. When questioned about this as a possibility, they said they won't turn anything down definitely, but for the forseeable future there is no chance of there being a third in the series.

Also, I would like new entries, but I would also like to see (good) remakes and/or sequels of FF VII and VIII. Perhaps there will be remakes for the Playstation Portable...

DCI Superfan
05-21-2003, 05:02 PM
I really hope not. FF X-2 is an unnecessary sequel to begin with. A sequel to a game that wasn't that great to start with.

DCI Forever!!

angel_summoner
05-22-2003, 01:33 AM
what do u mean ffx-2 was unnessasary???!?!?!

it was GReaT! i mean.. what would YOU think if they didnt tell us what happened to tidus???? i think its a great sequeL. yah sure ffx-3 is bad, but ffx 2.. WOW!

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 09:57 AM
DCI superfan, just because you didnt like the game, doesnt mean it sucked. I admit first time i played it and beat that pathetic last boss and saw that bad ending i was like wtf is this shit, but i recently restarted it and its actually a very fun game, lots of sidequests and some real hard bosses like penance, ffx-2 will be good cept for yuna being your main character, although having a ffx-3 is going a bit far.

Kuja's Baby Girl
05-22-2003, 08:38 PM
i think ffx-3 sounds like a good idea but a little too excessive in sequels....but otherwise why not??? i mean i loved ffx and ffx-2 !!!! :D

http://www.hippopotamus.org/final-fantasy-X/yuna.jpg

SuperPac
05-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, rest assured, cause there won't be a third. And no, I don't think you should find out what happened to Tidus, cause that's what makes these games so fun. All the speculation around FFVII is what makes me and all my friends come back time and again. Tidus survived becasue he sacrificed for the greater good, and Yojimbo specifically told me that when I returned to the chamber of fayth. Well, he said he would, that is. But yeah, I think X-2 was unnecesary. Perhaps it was a good game, but unnecesary none the less.

Rinoa07
05-24-2003, 04:32 AM
I enjoyed ffx i cant wait to get ffx-2...
but ffx-3?i dont think they should go
that far...LOL...if they want another
sequel, do it on a another ff game
like 7 or 8.

Anastasia
05-31-2003, 03:00 PM
There are rumours that an FFX-3 will be coming out featuring Rikku (erk...) as the main character. However, this was just a rumour featured on official sites. I'm not looking forward to an FFX-3 especially if Rikku is the main character. This isn't official, but they were talking about it.
FFX-2 seems great and I think it should finish with that.

SuperPac
05-31-2003, 08:24 PM
The Rikku game wasn't going to be a third, but released at the same time. There would've been FFX2- Yuna Edition and FFX2- Rikku Edition, or something like that. They decided to scrap that, though, for some reason or another.

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by angel_summoner
what would YOU think if they didnt tell us what happened to tidus????

I'll tell you what I'd think. I wouldn't give a damn, because out of the all the Final Fantasies, Tidus was the single most annoying, whiny, wimpy excuse for a hero. Even the freaking Onion kids were better that Tidus, and I didn't even understand what they were saying for 3 quarters of the game because I don't speak Japanese. (However when they did speak English, they said "Whatever" which has to be a good thing)

Originally posted by Rinoa07
LOL...if they want another
sequel, do it on a another ff game
like 7 or 8.

Yes, but they'd probably ruin them. I wouldn't mind it if they did FF8, I mean they could only make it worse if they made Squall all Tidus-like. But they would totally ruin FF7 if they remade it.

Firaga
06-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Actually, the main people at squaresoft actually said that X-2 was going to be the only ever add-on kinda game in the FF series that will ever be made, no other will be made afterwards.

Unlucky :(

SuperPac
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Not necessarily. They're actually concidering making an FF7-2, and really want to, but they refuse to if they don't have a stellar story and a game to more than match the story. As I said, they really want to make a sequel to it, but they are practically fans of their own game, and would kill themselves if they ruined it. So basically, we may see a sequel to that one yet, but only if they find something that pleases them, which would surely please us.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SuperPac
The Rikku game wasn't going to be a third, but released at the same time. There would've been FFX2- Yuna Edition and FFX2- Rikku Edition, or something like that. They decided to scrap that, though, for some reason or another.

Actually they did have part (or all, Im not sure) of both of those at a gaming convention in Japan. I cant remember which one (I'll look on RPGamer.com when I get home, cause that's most likely where I heard it from) but they said they'd never release them outside of that convention. Obviously, the did release the Yuna one. Oh and I like your signature by the way.

As for wanting an X-3, I'd rather wait and see the end of X-2, then decide. Though if we're going into sequels/remakes I'd rather have them do IV and VI in X style graphics, or maybe a prequel to VI about the War of the Magi.

SuperPac
06-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm not one much for sequels to RPGs, except in games like Golden Sun (which is okay) and Dot Hack (YEAH!!!), which were made to have sequels. I don't want any sequels to sqaure games. Now remakes, you say...? Yeah, those two would be great. I'd also like to see an FF7 remake, with full voice acting and better graphics and all. If ever a game deserved FFX quality graphics, it would be FF7.

Which makes me wonder... will Square make a remake, or at least port, FF7 to Sony's new PSP? That would be awesome! A portable FF7 without having to use a PSOne!!!

Bahmant zero
06-02-2003, 08:26 PM
i agree, if any game deserved a remake/sequal it would be ff7. its a good thing there isnt a ff10-3, that would be going too far but i would doubt square doing quickly making it to cash in, and kill the seris even more. I loved ff6 and 7 and 8, i didnt mind 9 but i dispise 10, and the very idea of 10-2 is annoying to me, this might be the only part of the series i wont be willing to buy, so i wouldn't even look at 10-3.

well thats my pointless rant on the subject anyway.

Auron-
08-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Even theres a FFX-3 I dont think u guys can resist not buying the game. :p

Ryth
08-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Well I would be a little pissed also X-2 has to be the end it isn't like a X-3 wouldn't be awful hey maybe it could be a prequel to X telling the full adventure of Jecht, Auron, and Braska explaining like how Jecht got into the world of Spira (if they said how I must not remember) that would be interesting. I would buy it though for two reasons;

1. I want EVERY Final Fantasy game.

2. I want to hear the complete story of FFX.

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 01:17 AM
i would act like a Mod Whore and complain to Auron for resurrecting a dead topic. instead, i,ll just say they wont make ffX-3 BUT if they did i would buy it regardless.

crono_logical
08-14-2004, 01:28 AM
aeris2001x2: Use the warn button instead.