PDA

View Full Version : FMV trick

Dragonfire
05-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Ok, My first disc of ff7 has a small crack on it :( I for the most part lets me play the "game", but when it's time for an FMV it will freeze (first time it freezes is at the mako reactor as it blows.) I've heard of an FMV trick that lets you view FMVs from the other discs in place of the one thats supposed to be there. This would be good since my other two discs good condition.

If anyone can tell me step by step what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. I really wanted to replay through this game again, and would like to know if there's anything I can do, before I just go to gamestop and get a new one.

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 04:39 AM
i havent done it for a while, but just put another disk in before the fmv starts (i think). the entire game is written on every disk so it will play as normal up to the point where it plays an fmv, when it plays one form the disk thats in there.

Dragonfire
05-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks! It works. Now I can finally replay the game :D

just out of curiousity, does this work other games? like other FFs or just with ff7?

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 09:29 AM
im not sure, i'm replaying VIII at the moment so i'll give it a whirl and let you know. i would imagine it does.