PDA

View Full Version : FF2j Question

Zifnab
05-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I've recently ran into a problem. Firion has a sword skill of 7, with 1 point to go for level 8. The strange thing is now I use the sword it wont go up, ever. He's currently equipped with Mythril Sword and Shield, and they're both stuck on 99 points to level up. I just got the pirate ship, but the same problem has occured since before the Warship. Is this normal?

Super Christ
05-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Are you using the attack-cancel trick?

Zifnab
05-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Usually I do yes, but this happens whether I use it or not now. Even if it's just a plain attack, and even if it hits the enemy.

Book
05-21-2003, 02:49 PM
When you got an higher weapon level the level up slows down, but it shouldn't stop completely. It's pretty slow for me atm and I'm just a bit further from that point.

DocFrance
05-21-2003, 07:20 PM
I think the system goes something like this...
The number of times you have to swing your weapon in order to get a skill point (not skill level, mind you) depends on your skill level. For example, if you have a skill level of 1 (just starting), then one swing in a battle will get you 2 skill points, and 1 skill point for every swing after that in the same battle. For skill level 2, you get 1 skill point for every time you swing your weapon. After level 2, it works the opposite way. So at level 3, you need to swing your weapon twice to get a skill point, and at level 8 you would need to swing it seven times in the same battle just to get one skill point...

I think magic works the same way, except you get 4 skill points at level one for every time you cast that spell.

Zifnab
05-22-2003, 10:56 AM
I finally got his sword level to 8, after what was about 10 swings!
Doesn't the foruma also depend on the level of the monster? Like a level 5 monster would really boost spells and weapons, whereas level 1 would take awhile?

FuSoYa
05-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Jenova·Rebirth, I think your statement about the level of the monster playing a part is correct. I found that if I kept just killing level 1 monsters without doing the select-cancel trick I stopped getting points in my weapon skills after a certain level (don't remember which level, 7 or 8 maybe?). When I moved into an area that had higher ranked monsters I started getting points again.