PDA

View Full Version : game freeze

darkangel5681
05-21-2003, 08:58 PM
At the Diamond Weapon/Sister Ray FMV on disc 2, my game ALWAYS freezes!! Is there any way I can get around this? I'm tired of fighting Diamond Weapon over and over again!!!

RSL
05-22-2003, 12:13 AM
What kind of condition is your disc in? Is it heavily scratched?

darkangel5681
05-22-2003, 04:31 AM
What condition is your disc in? Is it heavily scratched?

Nope, it's in near-perfect condition. I haven't had the same problem with lengthy FMV's like that on my FF8 disc. I've tried opening the cover and then closing it, but that didn't work. Help!!!

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 04:34 AM
swap disks for the fmv, then it should play an fmv from one of the other disks, and you should be able to whack disk 2 back in after it and keep playing.

o_O
05-22-2003, 10:59 AM
You could try wiping meths or mineral turpentine aroud your disc. Failing that, try the lens, but be very careful, not too much, and not turps on that. My bet is that it's the lens, though. Try turning or tilting the PSX as well. Just on a post script, when wiping your disc, wipe it from the centre out to the edges, and work your way around it. You probably know that, but if I had a dollar for every time I'd seen someone do it the wrong way, I'd have quite a few dollars by now. :p

musashiden
05-29-2003, 01:41 PM
hey, this was my last thread ("help!!!"). don't push the OK button when rufus says "fire.", open the ps and change disc 2 to disc 1 or disc 3. it will show a diff. fmv from disc 1 or 3 (depending on which one you replaced). after the fmv, switch back to disc 2.

this surely work since this happened to me. XD

Kuja Highwind was the one who told me this... *waves to Kuja Highwind* arigatou...!!!!!

Sin Harvest
05-29-2003, 02:18 PM
notice that thats almost exactly what i said to do......sin harvest told me how, thanks sin harvest!!! :)

Radje
05-29-2003, 04:53 PM
My FFVII got snapped in half when my shelf broke (disk one) and someone stole FFIX disk one so now i can't play either of them :(
I know how annoying it is when it freezes though, everyone elses advice works better ssoo... *shuts up*