PDA

View Full Version : FF1: Hardest Boss

the blitzer
05-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Who do you find hardest to beat. I found FF1 to easy so none of them were hard. I beat every opponent first time. well it was because in Elfeim I battle loads of opponents to get enough money for magic and weapons in Elfeim and got strong by accident.

BobDarkavenger
05-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Warmech. Come on man, it's a mech of war.

Flying Mullet
05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I'd say either Eye, Warmech or Lich(2nd time). The Eye is more of a pain if he XXXX's any of my characters. Warmech hard for obvious reasons. And going in unprepared Lich will usually surprise me with how hard he is the 2nd time, having really powerful spells like Nuke and having lost his elemental weaknesses.

Mr. Graves
05-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Warmach.

zelda78
05-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Warmech is a joke, Lich and Chaos are creampuffs

the biggest threat is Astos largely because he always begins the battle with Rub, and you don't have anti-Rub stuff at all; in the PSX version it seems like Rub almost always work

Mr. Graves
05-22-2003, 12:52 AM
You can cast MUTE on Astos, which has a chance that It'll work. Plus, There's a chance the RUB spell will miss.

black orb
05-22-2003, 05:24 AM
>>> Warmech, Lich 2 is tough too..

Master.Pug
05-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Asotos is really heavy!
try to beat him without Magic! *shrugs*
damn hard!

Chaos & Dudes are simple

Bob the Elf
05-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Astos is pretty hard without savestates.

Master.Pug
05-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bob the Elf
Astos is pretty hard without savestates.

with savestates, each enemy is a pissu***ng coward ;)

Dragonfire
05-22-2003, 07:32 PM
astos with a 4 WM party is fun :D no, seriously it very easy, just cast invs and protect on everyone, it's very, VERY easy.

BobDarkavenger
05-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Astos is easy Fighter+Fast = Dead Astos

Bob the Elf
05-23-2003, 11:09 AM
You had FAST when fighting Astos!?

Rude
05-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Fast is a level 4 spell which can be purchased in Elfland.

Bob the Elf
05-23-2003, 03:25 PM
For vast amounts of money.

Dr Unne
05-23-2003, 04:34 PM
I always have FAST agains Astos too. I always thought he was easy, except that he usually manages to kill 1 character, but after that he's very unlikely to kill any more. Depending on the party Chaos or Lich in the ToF is hard. For solo parties Kraken in the ToF is hard. In the PSX / WSC versions Chaos is way harder than the NES version. For 4 WMs the Wizards in the Marsh Cave were really hard for me. So I don't know.

the blitzer
05-23-2003, 06:46 PM
I found Astos quite easy. A few attacks from my Fighter and Theif and fire2 from my Black Mage killed him. Although he did kill my White Mage. Astos is definitly the most annoying boss in the game. As I had to go all the way back to Elfeim to revive him.

Garland
05-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Astos is hardest for me, but that's because I'm very anal about having all of my party members with equal experience. If I didn't care if a battle ended with a party member dead, Astos would be quite easy. He's easy to beat, but it takes a few tries before my mage can cast mute successfully before Astos casts death. On the NES, mute wasn't necessary, since Astos typically failed in rubbing my team. In the WSC and PSX versions, Rub never misses it seems.

Without my own peculiar rules of levelling and such, I think Lich version 2 is probably the hardest. I know he's responsible for more game overs than any other enemy in the game. I usually underestimate him, and don't fully heal before the battle, or I forget he's there. Then he opens with Nuke, and I'm pretty much dead, or will be because of my equal experience rule above.

Kirkpatrick
05-24-2003, 04:28 AM
I would say Warmech, but is he really a boss? he's not a required fight, or one of the always-there battles where you fight when you step on a certain square (Red & Blue Dragons). It seems to be widely considered that he's a boss - I think so too, but this started me thinking about it.
So I would say Warmech(?) and Chaos

Sephiroth_lord940
06-15-2003, 05:30 AM
Astos is pitifully easy. Warmech is probably the hardest, even though none of them were very difficult for me ;)

Sefie1999AD
06-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Astos was annoying in WSC version, because Death (RUB) almost always hits and I wanted everyone to have the same EXP. Lich 2 is quite hard because he usually begins the battle with Flare (NUKE), at least in WSC version. But usually my party survives the Flare and beats him up, and then I'll use loads of healing items and spells to cure the group. Kraken 2 was quite hard for me too, because he can get a lucky 600+ damage shot that instantly kills my mages if he's lucky enough to attack them before I've cast Protect 2 (FOG2) and White Shirt (Invis 2) on my party.

WarMech is quite tough in the WSC version, because his 100 HP regeneration works there. He also has 2000 HP, which is as much as FF1 NES' Chaos has. I found WSC's Chaos really hard. He has 4000 HP and he keeps casting powerful spells like Inferno, Tidal Wave and Tornado a lot (I can't remember their correct names). If that wasn't enough, there's more: he casts Cure4, and that gives him practically 8000 HP. Yikes. And if that wasn't enough, Square obviously didn't want a Black Belt (or Master) to kill him with one hit in the WSC version. That's why they reduced BB's power against Chaos, and even a Hasted (FASTed) Master couldn't do more than 200-300 damage when I last tried. I think Fighter/Knight's attack power is also somewhat reduced. A level 50 Knight with Hasted Masamune was able to do 500-600 damage, but never do something like 1000+ damage.

There's one other thing I found really hard. It's not an actual boss, but here goes: the Ice Cave. That place always freaks me out. There's no telling when Sorcerers or Mages ambush me and wipe out my characters with a single blow before they even get their first turn. That place is almost impossible for those who want their guys to have the same EXP (I think I've managed to beat the Ice Cave only once with everyone alive). Even if you don't care about the party having the same amount of EXP, it will still be hard to get out of that cave alive.

Lost Heretic
06-15-2003, 02:11 PM
:mad: Garland...er...because I didn't have any weapons equipped. No wonder I was having trouble with those imps...

muchacho
06-15-2003, 07:18 PM
im going to say warmech. just becaus my brother says hes hard

MagicKnight Locke
06-16-2003, 12:43 PM
i killed eye before he even had a chance to attack >_>.
For me it was lich 2 though.

Rude
06-16-2003, 06:59 PM
At the stage in the game that you fight them, the Wizards of the Marsh Cave are easily the hardest unless you level up like a random-battle fiend for a substantial amount of time at elfland/finger point.

IRECKONBO
06-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Why did you put Warmech in the choices? Hes not a boss? Well anyway my hardest boss fight was with CHAOS on my solo thief so im gonna vote for him.

converse1989
06-26-2003, 01:15 AM
i was fighting astos on the psx, and the first time he cast reaper (rub) on my fighter so i reset, and the next time he didn't cast it at all he just attacked my fighter for a whopping 10 damage.

kingcool
08-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Warmech is a joke, Lich and Chaos are creampuffs

the biggest threat is Astos largely because he always begins the battle with Rub, and you don't have anti-Rub stuff at all; in the PSOne version it seems like Rub almost always work

Astos was pathetic at even level 12. But if you were lower than that, :x_x:

And make sure you know what you're talking about- Chaos has 4000 HP, can use cure 4, and uses RUB just as much as astos.

Now, please excuse me as WarMech OWNS you with NEUCLEAR.
Out of the way, you might get blown up!

black orb
08-10-2010, 02:39 AM
>>> Yeah, Astos was very annoying since you are most likely to have a crap party at that point of the game..:luca:

ChaosPearl
11-08-2010, 05:10 PM
It depends on your party. My four white mages can slaughter Lich in no time flat because he's undead and weak against white magic, but he has an insanely high defense\absorb stat and my four black belts got their butts kicked because even doing 8 hits each, they were still only hitting for 8 damage.