PDA

View Full Version : Temple of the Ancients.

remi07
05-21-2003, 10:26 PM
I got to the temple of the ancients and i'm stuck! I am in the maze, I just talked to that purple guy who will save your game for you. Now I'm suppose to go to the other purple guy at the south of the maze, but I cannot get to him. I know you all prolly sayin to yourself "my god, its not that hard." but i just can't get to him! Will you tell me the route your suppose to take to get to him?

miburo
05-21-2003, 10:39 PM
if your at where i think you are you just have to go in the right holes, but i forget which ones, have you checked www.gamefaqs.com?

remi07
05-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Yeah, man, I just checked there and couldn't find anything. Just for you to be sure, I'm talking about the very first maze you land in, right after you talk to Tseng.

miburo
05-22-2003, 01:33 AM
This puzzle is pretty challenging at first, as you need to head him off as he
exits one of the tunnels. I don't know exactly where each one leads (don't have
my copy of FF7 right now), but once you find out, remember where he enters, and
you enter the tunnel where he will exit. Note that you can jump off the ledges
too to access tunnels below. Once you catch him, he will do the same stuff for
you he always does (HP/MP Restored, Save).

i think this is the puzzle you're talking about

remi07
05-22-2003, 10:34 PM
No that's not it. I think that part comes after it, according to my player's guide. And the player's guide won't tell me how to get to him. I'm completly clueless!

Flying Mullet
05-22-2003, 10:35 PM
What does the screen look like, can you attach a screenshot? It's kinda hard to understand where you are in the temple.

remi07
05-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't know how to do that exacly, I'm not very good at using computers. Would you do that with a digital camara? I don't have one of those, and if I did I just take the picture out of the book. But I don't, and I guess there's no other way for you all to help me without the picture. I guess I'll figure it out eventually, and thank you all for at least trying to help me!

Flying Mullet
05-22-2003, 10:58 PM
If you're playing FFVII on the PC then you can take a screen shot with "Alt-PrtSc"(Alt and Print Screen). Then you would need to link to it, much like people link to pictures in their signatures. And if you're not playing on the PC, then yes, you would have to take a picture with a digital camera and upload it. But this is starting to be more trouble than it's worth. Here's a link to a FAQ I found on GameFAQ's that has a section on the temple. This should be able to help you out: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/ (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums)

I changed the link; you're not actually allowed to link directly to the FAQs held on GameFAQs. However, STRANGELY enough, we have a walkthrough on our own site HERE (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/text/final_fantasy_vii_us_walk.txt) =P ~ Purgatory

remi07
05-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Well I just talked to my mom, and she said she does have a digital camara after all! Yea :D! So maybe in a few days when figure out how to post the picture some of you guys might be able to help me. So, later!

FuSoYa
05-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Here's an excerpt from the FAQ on this site regarding your problem:

"Inside the temple, you'll find the Turk, Tseng. He was badly wounded by Sephiroth. He gives you the Keystone so that you can go after his attacker; examine the dais in the center of the room and you'll be transported into the depths of the temple.

This area has a very confusing layout; it's a mass of stairs, walkways and passages. There are chests everywhere, and a kooky old man in a blue robe is also running around down here. From where you arrived, head up, then left, then up again and go down the stairs to the ground level. There's an opening just above you; go in it, turn to the right, then climb down the vines clinging to the wall beneath you. If you run underneath the long staircase nearby, you can reach a treasure chest that has a Trident inside of it. From there, head right, go down the stairs, then turn and climb up the wall using the vines. Head past the opening (which you can't enter at this point, anyway) and go up the stairs. The old man will dash away; ignore him for now and climb up the vines to reach a platform. There's a shiny pink item here (Mind Source). Take it and go down the stairs, then enter the door to your left to find a room with a treasure chest and the old man. Inside the chest is the Silver Rifle. Talk to the geezer twice and he'll offer his services to you.

Outside, go back up the stairs and down the vines, but this time, head down and to the left. You can pick up a green item here (Turbo Ether). Then go down the long stairway. At the bottom, climb down the smaller set of steps to your left, then work your way towards the southwest corner of the screen. There's a small patch of vines here that you can climb down. Be sure to open the nearby chest; there's a Rocket Punch inside of it. Now, go down the stairs and walk northeast along the path to find some more vines and the old man, who scampers away when you get too close. Climb up the vines, then go up the stairs next to you, go through the archway, turn east and go down the stairs, and climb up the long stretch of vines on the nearby wall. Head left, underneath the staircase, and you can nab a purple materia (Luck Plus).

Now, go back the way you came (go right, down the vines, up the stairs and down and out through the archway so that you're back on the path that the old man was standing on, just above the vines). Walk to the east until the path stops, then head south and turn east again to enter the nearby door. As you enter, the old man will dash away."

I remember this part, took me a while to figure it out, too. You can go to http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/text/final_fantasy_vii_us_walk.txt for the walkthrough on the Temple of the Ancients, it's in section 3.20, about halfway down the page.

remi07
05-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey thanks FuSoYa! I'll try it again. I glad sombody finaly knew what I was talking about! But, like I said I'm glad the other people at least tried to help me.

Paine6969
05-24-2003, 03:47 AM
Hey I Have A Question The Demons Gate Boss At The End Of The Temple Of The Ancients What Is The Best Way To Beat It Cause I Keep Dying.

Strider
05-24-2003, 05:32 AM
Hit it with your biggest spells. Bahamut is nice, if you picked it up, and Meteorain will help take the guy out quickly, too. It might help to build up to a Limit Break to prepare for the battle and make it that much easier.

o_O
05-24-2003, 05:43 AM
Limit breaks for Demon's Gate. Its spirit is ridiculously high, so spells and summons won't work, except Bahamut, because that is unblockable non elemental damage.

Max
06-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Jus use Limits and Bahamut and u should do ok if ur at high levels.