PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Offensive Party

Garland
05-22-2003, 04:08 AM
Ever wanted to try a party that forsakes all in favor of offense? That's right, no defense, no healing - a party where the only way to win is by killing all the enemies first. I've been messing around on Origins FF1 with a party that I haven't read of people using around here, and it's sort of fun.

Black Belt, Black Mage, Black Mage, Black Mage.

It has a whole different feel to it compared to other parties, since your options really are so limited. Still, once the Black Belt surpasses what a fighter would be dealing in damage, and the mages get their top level spells, the raw offense of the party is quite a lot of fun. Ah well. Comments? Criticisms? I just wanted to toss an other party idea on the table for those who are bored with the standard teams.

Dr Unne
05-22-2003, 04:10 AM
I can't live without high defense at the very least. I'm a big fan of defense first, offense later.

twobitmage
05-23-2003, 02:47 AM
well...im gonna try an all black belt game when I get the clear data for ff1 (gotta get 100 percent for my current party first)

Me and a friend are betting money saying I cant beat it :D muahahaha course I can

Rude
05-23-2003, 04:54 AM
No doubt you can beat it, but you will be insanely bored in the process.

Master.Pug
05-23-2003, 07:31 PM
this party isn't that offensive!

Try 4 BlackBelts, THATS OFFENSIVE!!!:whoa:

DJZen
05-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Fi... I mean Warrior is purely offense, and you don't actually have to buy any magic for him as Knight. What about thief? He might be bad at running but he can hold it down just as good as a Knight, AND he gets black magic.

Garland
05-23-2003, 10:15 PM
My thought process was that a single high level blackbelt can take out any single powerful enemy in the game, especially if Hasted. The three black mages can take out any group of enemies with high level multi target spells like nuke. I figured this team would be the fastest to take care of any single battle it could face. No boss could handle a level 50 master with Haste. No pack of enemies can handle three successive nukes. Four Black Belts wouldn't have quite the same capabilities.

Book
05-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Maybe two BB and two BM would be more efficent for this. The two BB would kill anything and with the black magic suport from the BM they would be unstopable offensive wise.

Mystik_Ninja
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
OK, i know this a seriously old post. But I have been trying to assemble the ultimate offensive party for years now. There have been many variations.
The one that I suppose I've settled on is:

F/F/F/BM

this party is on my original NES copy at lv.25 with class change. Its quite effective with the items and a good balance of defense due to the fact that it has so little white magic.

MagicKnight Locke
10-31-2003, 09:33 AM
FI/RM/TH/BB
:)

robfinalfantasy
10-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
I can't live without high defense at the very least. I'm a big fan of defense first, offense later. Same here. I always spend my money on armor and later on weapons. If I had to choose between a Paladin Shield and the Illumina then I would choose the shield (not just because it's the Paladin Shield).

A bit more on topic: If I were to embark on such a crazy quest I would do it with four Fighters. Like I mentioned above, I prefer defense. I would have to rely on the Fighter's high def and once his HP is low it's death for him.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 03:24 AM
I would think Master-Master-Knight-Red Mage would be pretty good, or Master-Knight-Red Mage-Black Mage. With a Red Mage, you still have most of the offensive spells of a Black Mage, with close to the same power, but also the physical power.

Materia Keeper
11-09-2003, 03:59 AM
The default party most offensive? Give me a break. The thief does crap, the Red amge sucks, and the Fighter and master sit there all embarrassed because they have to be hanging with such bums. Wow. that was strange.

Ok, now my personal pick for most offensive party is

thief:thief:thief:thief.

OOPS!!! Wrong offensive! Heh.

As for the actual thread, I would have to say,

Master:Black Wizard:Black Wizard:Black Wizard

sounds pretty offensive to me. Three Nukes is pretty spectacular. Plus, if you like, since the Mages usually get off magic before the Master attacks, you could use three FASTs before the Master attacked. Wowza. That is a lot of hits.

I foresee this turning into a Thief vs. Black Belt thread. Kind of a big free-for-all. :chop: :trout: :smash: :shoot:

Black Mage FF1
11-23-2003, 12:58 AM
The ultimate Offensive party would have to be a lvl 50 Black Belt party. My favorite party however is a Kn/Nn/Ma/Rw.

Garland
11-23-2003, 04:42 AM
A single level 50 master can defeat the strongest single enemy in one round. That, in my oppinion, makes the other three redundant. Three black wizards can defeat any group of enemies in a single round with nuke. In my oppinion, the ultimate offensive party should be able to deal with any battle quicker than any other party. It may not have endurance, and how it fares in a long dungeon with no access to an inn might be quite subpar (my suggested team has about as low a survival endurance as one can get), but you can throw any combination of enemies against it, and the battle should typically be over before round two.

Yuffie is a B****
11-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Well when raised to full power, nothing and no one would stand agisnt 4 black belts. But for the most part i'd say: Bm/bm/bm/bm
Its one fun party! BURN!

stuffing
11-30-2003, 05:53 AM
Fighter, Fighter, White Mage and....lets say fighter best team, every thing esle is useless

eestlinc
12-06-2003, 07:53 AM
four knights is the ultimate offensive party. two knights is already the ultimate offensive party no matter what else you throw in.

Garland
12-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Topics like this help distinguish the over-levellers from the under-levellers. People that spend too much time level-raising tend to favor the master as the ultimate damage dealer. People who try to play a normal to low levelled game give that distinction to the knight. I suppose both are right, depending on how you play. The one universal has to be multiple black wizards, as nothing takes out a hoard of enemies faster.

Yuffie is a B****
12-10-2003, 11:39 AM
4 black mages. SUch a fun party. BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

to further add to the fun you can spell out things like:
Vivi
is
on
Drug

or as a gfaq folk suggested
Vivi
is
on
Weed

Vivi
is
on
Crack

Mystik_Ninja
06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
here is my new party:

F/F/RM/BB

I think it could be considered for nomination as the ultimate offensive party. Its not bad at defense either.

RedCydranth
06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
No party consisting of a RM can be sen as "ultimate" offensive, due to the fact that physically they are worse than fighters and BB, Magically they aren't as potent as BM, so no RM is in the ultimate offensive party.

I think F/BB/BM/BM is pretty much offensive mayhem. 2 nukers, and the BB and F can kick anythings butt too.

Mystik_Ninja
06-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Well "Red," I don't think that party would survive long enuff to become powerful. Its weakness is the BB during the first 8 levels of the game( and most of the rest of the way through for that matter.) Your going to have to rely on your F to soak up damage for you. When he gets tired then you're going to have to bust out 90 or so heal potions. And that might be difficult since by that time your defenseless BB will have chugged them all down.

Crossblades
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I feel that my Knight, Master, Black Wizard, and White Wizard team are offensive enough

Leeza
06-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Mystik_Ninja: Please check the date of a thread before posting as this one that you have revived is extremely old. Anything that is older than a couple of months is too old and should not be brought back. However, you are free to start a new thread on the subject. :cat: