PDA

View Full Version : !!! Moogles vs. Chocobos !!!

Rinna Lee
05-22-2003, 05:01 AM
Do you like Moogles or Chocobos or Moombas?

P.S. Please pick either one only and explain why.

:mog: VS.:choc: VS.:fd:

crono_logical
05-22-2003, 05:14 AM
Moombas :fd: :D Did you not see their noble features? Their gem-like eyes revealing innocence! Their bright red hair symbolizing passion! Their spectacular hair signifying power! Their soothing, adorable cries! Their mighty hands with incredible strength! Their proud posture demanding respect!

(actually, I think that quote might be about Shumi's, can't remember though :p )

Rinna Lee
05-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Thanks for reminding me about Moombas, crono_logical. ;)

Pancaek
05-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Moogles. Even though Chocobos are cute, and Moombas are... Moombas ( =\ ), they both just seem like animals. I'm more drawn to the Moogles' human-like intelligence and habits, like having their own little villages and sometimes being able to speak English.

Rye
05-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Moombas. They just are so adorable! If they could talk a little more they'd beat the moogles! I love how they are so innocent ^.^

Lexy
05-22-2003, 09:40 PM
lol, I agree...moombas rock! It's too bad they were only used in 1 game. But, out of chocobos and moogles, I'd say Chocobos. They are just classic.

Flying Mullet
05-22-2003, 09:42 PM
:moggie: :mog: Moogles because Mog could cut the rug like no other! :mog: :moggie:

crono_logical
05-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Lexy
lol, I agree...moombas rock! It's too bad they were only used in 1 game.They were one variation of Lulu's weapon in FFX, along with moogles, Pupu, Onion Knight, and cactuars (maybe a 6th, but I don't remember getting any others) :p

Pancaek
05-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
They were one variation of Lulu's weapon in FFX, along with moogles, Pupu, Onion Knight, and cactuars (maybe a 6th, but I don't remember getting any others) :p
There's also Cait Sith dolls.

ZeZipster
05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Chocobos eat Mogs. They just look like vegetarians to fool humans to get at the tasty Mogs. Mmmmmm... Mog-meat, so mogalicious....

muchacho
05-23-2003, 01:53 AM
well thats a tuff one. it kinda depends. its like MOG, BOKO, OR MOOMBAS???????? but in the end i say tie, cause mog rules, boko and the summon are funny, and moombas are cool.

DocFrance
05-23-2003, 03:56 AM
Chocobos. They've been in more FF's than Moogles and Moombas (What the hell is a moomba, anyway? I've only played 1-7). They're also the FF world's only beast of burden. Can you imagine how incredibly boring a moogle race would be? And who in their right mind would ride a moogle around to get places?

Well, besides Cait Sith...

Psychotic
05-23-2003, 06:44 PM
OK. Moombas are just irritating one-hit wonders. They appeared as a weapon in FFX? OMG! One-hit wonders

Chocoboes have appeared in all but the first one, and they ruled in all. A special mention must go to every single scum in FFX, who called them "choe-coe-boes" instead of "chock-ub-oes" I encourage all of you to pronounce it this way, despite what certain FFX morons may say in-game. And as for the way they kamikazed their chocoboes, GAH.

Moogles are pretty cool, they've nearly been there as long as the 'boes but for some reason FFVIII dropped them(I guess for Moombas, but I suppose Square was bombarded with hate mail or something)

So overall, VOTE CHOCOBO

(That's for president by the way)

the blitzer
05-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Chocoboes are my favourite. Moombas as far as I know have only been in FF8 and I never liked them. Moogles look to weird. But Chocoboes look cool and are damm useful. Also the Chocobo tunes are really good.

the tortured one
05-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Moombas are just irritating one-hit wonders. They appeared as a weapon in FFX? OMG! One-hit wonders

and they were in ff8

King Michael
05-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I LOVE Moombas. Chocobos and Moogles are ok, but they don't look as cool as Moombas. The first time i saw one in FF8 i freaked out! It was wesome...and so are Moombas.

DJZen
05-23-2003, 09:23 PM
My vote goes to Moogles. Moombas were awesome but they were an obvious Moogle replacement. Call me jaded, but I'm fairly sure FFVIII was Square's way of trying to say out with the old, in with the new school. Anyway Chocobos (which, believe it or not, IS pronounced cho'-ko'-bo', and the plural of which is NOT spelled Chocoboes, thank you very much, Mr. Quayle) are kinda nifty, but they have no personality. Their sole function is for you to ride on them. Heck, even Kappa was more of a character then a Chocobo. However, I WOULD like to see a Moogle vs. Chocobo vs. Moomba throwdown of some sort, maybe with another animal in there as well (4 is the classic FF party number, after all).

Psychotic
05-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by the tortured one
and they were in ff8

Actually I meant FF8 as their "hit" as they didn't do a damn thing in FFX except appear as a poor weapon for a poor character, whereas in FFVIII they ran around screeching making me want to hit them in the face with a hammer. Repeatedly.

*Just remembered something*

Beavers in FF2! Why no mention of Beavers!? they rule! or at least they're better than Moombas, although they are one-hit wonders(Wow, now that's an addictive phrase) but they don't screech at me all the time. They don't beat Moogles, but they beat Moombas hands down.

Anyway Chocobos (which, believe it or not, IS pronounced cho'-ko'-bo', and the plural of which is NOT spelled Chocoboes, thank you very much, Mr. Quayle)

NO! Not cho'- ko'- bo' I refuse to accept it. Damn whoever thought of pronouncing it that way first. I'd been calling them that for years before FFX shows up, and I'm going to continue to do so, and I will continue to oppose this pronunciation. As for it being Chocobos, Chocoboes looks so much more nicer, as the first one looks like it is pronounced(using FFX method) Choe - coe - boss which is just WRONG. No personality, eh? Go play FFV. It has a Chocobo in it called Boko. He has a personality.

And who can forget the Chocobo theme tune?

ZeZipster
05-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Pronunciation doesn't really matter just as long as you understand what they're saying.