Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us. Our parent company, SQUARE
ENIX Co., Ltd., had at one time hinted at plans to re-release Final
Fantasys 7, 8 and 9 for the PlayStation 2. However, there is no
information on what this would have entailed or if they will ever actually
pursue the project.

As far as we know, there are no current plans to create a sequel for Final
Fantasy VIII at present. This is not to say it will never happen, but for
now SQUARE ENIX is currently focusing on creating other titles.

Sincerely,
Ryan Riley
Customer Service Representative

yeah anyway i ahve decided to ask how many people would like a ff7 and ff8 and ff9 remake or seual so please write here and ill send it to squaresoft

~*Princess-Garnet*~
05-22-2003, 07:54 AM
I would like a ff8 sequal.

Mo-Nercy
05-22-2003, 09:50 AM
If they made a remake, then I'd cash in my originals which are pretty cruddy and get the new ones.

I'd like that Final Fantasy VIII sequel idea, Seifer's story this time round.

Francas
05-22-2003, 02:59 PM
yeah, i haven't made my ff8 yet, but i think that sequel would be the best thing they could do;)

Kuja's Baby Girl
05-22-2003, 08:34 PM
I would definetely want a sequel to ff8. I want to know what happenes to the gang?? :D

remi07
05-22-2003, 10:24 PM
I love it if they made a seqeal to FF8. They would be able to continue the story easily, unlike they would with FF7.

Sin Harvest
05-23-2003, 03:19 AM
i'd also definetly like a sequal to ff8 and 7. seifers story sounds like a great idea, or at least having him as a permanent character this time round.

FinalLethal
05-23-2003, 04:49 AM
id want a remake of VII,VIII,IX.. all of them were good, cept VII was the best, but a remake on all of them would be very cool

Sin Harvest
05-23-2003, 04:58 AM
i just hope they dont change the game mechanics too much, like keep VIII having the junction thing, and keep the materia system in VII, thats what made the seperate final fantasys so good, if they load all this new stuff in, like say they put in the GF system from VIII in VII, i dont think it would feel quite the same. i welcome a few changes, like say the break hp limit thing from X in VII or VIII but they should still keep them true to what made them different.

Francas
05-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Sin Harvest
I agree!!!!

Faris_the_guy
05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :laughing:
YAY

bianca21
05-23-2003, 02:11 PM
i think more final fantasy games are always welcome with me i'm 21 and i really love to play this games.
so more is always welcome

Mikztsu
05-27-2003, 01:07 PM
I'd also love to see FFVIII-2 happen as I loved FFVIII so much. But is there anything that gives us any reason to think it would happen? I'm sorry, I haven't been reading FF-related recently at all.

Now, sequel to FF7 would be something so awesome, that would make me see wet dreams of the game every night.

Sephiiroth
07-08-2003, 02:28 AM
it would really be cool if they did make a sequel to ff8 i would buy it! that's a good idea to make seifer's side of the story maybe you'll even get the chance to be bad.. :cool:

cat_manda
07-08-2003, 07:54 AM
i think it would be soooooooooooo kool if there was a sequal to ff8 but ive never played the others so i have no idea wat it would be like. At least with a sequal ill no wat happened to squall + rinoa!! :cool: :D
the pic is kinda 1

Ultima Seraph
07-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Prequel to FFVII, the plot:
-Rise of Shinra
-Jenova Project
-Sephiroth and the Wutai War.

I'd like it if the main character were Sephiroth, too... >D

Sequel to VIII? HELL YEAH! I want answers... especially about that ever elusive R=U theory >.>

Squall's Gal
07-08-2003, 11:59 AM
I'd just like a re-make of 8 where the only changes were the in game graphics. Just improve the graphics all around, leave everything else the way it is, because if they change ANYTHING, then it's not really FFVIII is it? Improved graphics wouldn't harm it too much, but ONLY better graphics. But I'm still saying a big yes to re-meakes of 7, 8, and 9. Imagine 7 with actually good graphics! It'd be so much better.

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Yuss make an FF8 sequel, you did it for 10, why not any of the others. I feel if we had a FF8 sequel we can learn more about all of this sorceress crap and shite like that.

Please make it happen.

Khemetian_Netcheret
07-30-2003, 05:39 AM
:) ;) :tongue: :joey: :excited: :roll: :greenking :surprised :lol: ::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::

I would really like it if FF8 was remade for the PS2. And I'd REALLY like it if the 3-D animation for FF8 would be made into a better looking one too! ;)

:) :tongue: :greenie:

Anubos
08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
I would love a Final Fantasy VIII sequal and possibly IX one but if i had to choose it would deffinetly be VIII

Aya Nekoneko
08-14-2003, 08:36 PM
... o.O;

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really want a sequel for FFVIII. I mean if they make one, fine (although I'll be wondering what's up with all the sequels to Final Fantasies).

But I think the story stood well enough on its own. Solid ending, everything. O.o

Lena
08-29-2003, 01:32 AM
I agree.... ff8 sequel would be great. The idea of Seiferīs story isnīt bad, but Iīd rather know what happened with the gang, specially if Rinoa managed to control her sorceress powers, and if Squall really was a good Knight for her... because if he wasnīt, well, itīs suposed that a Sorceress without a Knight turns evil, right? So, imagine if thatīs Rinoaīs case... an evil Sorceress would be free again and Squall would have to defeat her... but if he does... then Rinoaīs powers wouldnīt get to Ultimecia... and ff8 story wouldnīt have been posible in the begining... WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it was a lapsus.... forget everything thatīs above... I agree with the Seiferīs idea....

Breine
08-29-2003, 09:03 PM
It could be fun with some sequels and remakes... so ... BRING IT ON! :D

Sacred Phoenix
09-15-2003, 01:31 AM
This is basically repeating everything above, but i think that ff8 would totally be the best game to make a sequel too because the story and characters make it very easy to continue. Plus depite how long the game was, it totally left room for it to be more in depth.
And you really got me going with having Seifer as a main character, that would just rule.

IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!! man, wouldn't it be nice if Square would listen to us? A remake of ff7 also would be so cool because those graphic really suck.

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY VIII!!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Advent Child
09-15-2003, 03:59 AM
I think none of those should be made. I'd get bored of the characters and plot line.

DMKA
09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
No...no sequel to 7 please...thats my fav game of all time and its just too godly for them to even think about making a sequel....I'm already worried about FFX-2 because FFX is my 2nd fav FF:( ....

I'm all for remakes though...like if they remade 7 and 8 with voices and FFX graphics...that would rock:)

Squall04
09-23-2003, 07:08 AM
I don't believe a Seifer-focused sequel would be as good as say a sequel that confirms the Rinoa = Ultimecia hypothesis. Telling what happened to Squall and Rinoa and why exactly she became Ultimecia would be a great story.

The Seifer idea isn't bad though, I just thought the other would be better.

But again, too many changes are bad.

Tifa_Lockheart
09-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Id like a sequel to FF8. Though I'd like to see Rinoa try to qualify for SeeD, Seifer become a little more caring, and Quistis to have a boyfriend.

Also, Id love a sequel to FF7. Tifa gets to kick yuffies self righteous ass!

Kami
09-26-2003, 01:49 AM
i don't mind if they make a remake but i'm more towards the yes make PlEASE!

eternalshiva
09-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Remakes all the way!

FF8 was trying to make the characters look like FFX but they ended up crappy so with the PS2 it would loks *gasp* awesome >.<

MagicKnight Locke
09-26-2003, 05:58 PM
i dont know why is everyone keeping their hopes up...it wont happen anyway...how about well quit hoping for sequels that might turn bad and wait for new games instead...

Adrian Mutu
09-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Remakes I'm fine with but a sequel? No!
I don't want the game tainted by a sequel. Its already happening with X-2, they may be two separate games, but to me X-2 looks absolutely dreadful. I'm curious, sure, who isn't? But I'd rather have a movie made, like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite game of all time, but I just don't want to go around the same world because I'm worried they'd mess up the story or something.

I'd prefer to just always think about the Rinoa is Ultimecia theory instead of find out in a sub-par game. I'd definitely like a game with Seifer, because Seifer's great, but, thats just in theory, keep things how they are and focus on FFXII and the future is what I say. I'm already annoyed that X-2 held up XII..

I don't believe it would happen anyway, FFVIII isn't anywhere near as popular as FFVII and the average fan wouldn't particularly care if Rinoa was Ultimecia, most wouldn't even know that some people thought of that theory.

Seifer's Incarnation
10-24-2003, 08:32 PM
FF8 all the way:D :D.................................................................................................. ............... READ MY FANFICS!!! Fanfiction.net seifer's incarnate Scarred!

SomethingBig
10-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Square-Enix said that they would not be making any remakes so long as their latest console can still play PS1 games. So, we might not be seeing any remakes to these great FF games until PS3, or even PS5.

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Me2 would like a sequal to Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, that would be awsome,

Shlup
10-26-2003, 11:13 PM
If they made movie-sequels for FF8 and 9, as for FF7, I would watch them. I didn't even like FF9 enough to finish it though, so I wouldn't care to play a game-sequel.

Kenshin IV
10-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I would much rather see an Eight sequel than a Seven sequel. There isn't much more you can ruin with Eight.

FinalFantasy_89
11-24-2003, 04:44 AM
A remake would be good, I'd like that for 7,8 and 9.

FF8: I hope they put in more GFs, more gardens(how about Esthar and Centra gardens) and a battle party of 4.

Squall Leonheart
11-29-2003, 10:37 PM
hey, can someone give me the email address of the people at square?

im sayin 'hell yes' to a remake of 7 8 and 9.
and also, maybe a prequil to 7 8 and 9. i had this crazy idea that Rinoa would have to come to balamb garden with her dad when she was like an age younger than 17 like she is normally.

If you dont care about that idea, stop reading this post

what age do you think? she could be bugging her dad about beeing bored and caraway could say "go play with that boy over there" and he points to (of corse) squall, who is as usual sitting by himself on a bench. then there could be a "good graphics video" of her bugging him to do stuff. im not sayin this would work but the game could be about Rinoa. and how she sees squall for the 1st time. o well, just a thought

naruto6302
09-19-2007, 03:52 AM
yea a remake is good no need for a sequel at all cause u know they gonna pull another X-2 also if they add a cgi movie tag along with the game that's base on the game u wouldnt know how much i would pay for it =P

Miriel
09-19-2007, 05:53 AM
naruto6302, please don't revive threads that are over a couple year's old. It's just not cool. If you want, start a new thread about the topic rather than digging up threads from the past.