PDA

View Full Version : The hardest boss ever

Flashback
05-22-2003, 08:31 AM
I am very suprised anybody hasn't asked this question yet. Which one off all Final Fantasy games is the hardest boss? This doesn't need to be, one in the end. I know by example that the Weapons in FFVII are quiet hard, or what about Ozma in FFIX. And there are more like those irritating creatures, who are there to make your live in FF a hell. I don't know all the bosses, but I defintely go for Ozma. Oh, boy. He is one heck of a nasty creature, allthough Omega Weapon in FFVIII isn't easy at all. Oh, hell, what about both. They are both hard bosses.

Spatvark
05-22-2003, 09:34 AM
I've always hated Master Pug from FF6. Goddamn that thing always kicks the crap out of me if I try to actually fight it, instead of copping out and going for the Vanish/X-Zone combo...

Vaprice
05-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Ive always thought that FF7 american bosses were hardest. But you cant forget about the early games, like FF4. Or FF2

zacks_clone
05-23-2003, 12:19 AM
the final fantasy 7 weapons

DocFrance
05-23-2003, 04:02 AM
The Guard Scorpion from FFVII. That's right. My first time through. I'm fighting the thing, when all of a sudden it starts to shake and I see a text caption: "Careful, Barret! Attack while it's tail's up!" Note the exclamation mark, denoting the end of a sentence. So I say "OK, then Cloud, I'll attack while it's tail's up!" Completely forgetting about the Mist Dragon, the Wing Raptor, and Whelk from FF4, FF5, and FF6 in the process. I order Cloud and Barret to attack.

They get two Tail Lasers in the face, and promptly die.

FinalLethal
05-23-2003, 04:26 AM
ozma isnt that hard. Omega from VIII is easy, but without holy wars or hero drinks, it would almost be impossible. The weapons from VII are hard and so is penance from FFX

the blitzer
05-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I say either Omega from 8 or Ozma from 9. it is impossible to beat Omega without using holy wars, heros or Rinoa's invisable moon limit break. I havn't even beaten Ozma yet. Even after finishing the good monsters quest he is still hard.

TheAbominatrix
06-04-2003, 06:14 AM
The Demon Wall thing of FFIV. Oh man I hate that thing! It's not that it's neccesarily tough, it's just that you only have so much time before it starts crushing your people. Argh!

eestlinc
06-04-2003, 08:42 AM
what about the plague dude who guards the holy lance in ff4? He's tough too. Also any battle with Odin. Basically, the hardest are the ones where you have a very limited amount of time.

Obsidian
06-05-2003, 05:05 AM
I seem to be the only person on the entire planet who had a load of trouble fighting Shiva and Ifrit in FFVI. Sheesh, what a nightmare that was.

m4tt
06-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Demon Wall in FFIV sucked hard. Then that Wall in FFVII was kinda hard too.

Probably the hardest for me was the first time you fight Beatrix in FFIX, the first few times I fought her, I couldn't stay alive long enough for her to knock my party's hp down to 1. :\

Prodigy
06-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Haha - I can't believe people are saying Omega from 8 is impossible without becoming invincible - he's really quite easy.
You just have to be quick (literally) and get some lionhearts/armageddon fists in and you're sorted. Dead easy, over in a few minutes.

Ruby and Emerald weapons are also fairly easy so long as you've prepared.

The master Pugs in 6 were probably the hardest enemies in 6 but they were still really easy when you could get something like 8 or 16 hits in or whatever it was.

Ozma was really very easy.

I'd say the only hard bosses are in FFX.

Even when you've maxed out and got all the ultimate weapons/armours Dark Bahamut and the 3 Dark Magus Sisters (all at once) are fairly tricky battles.

Then there's the hardest battle in any FF game - Penance.
The guy literally took me over an hour to beat. He's not so much hard (OK, he is pretty damn mean) as he is tedious. He takes ages and ages to kill and if you're not careful you'll lose the fight quite easily.

No contest.

Lexy
06-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Call me queer, but I thought Ultimacia was really hard. I had to try like, 2 times before I beat the whole thing. It was one of the only bosses of anything that was challenging to a degree of non-funness. :o

muchacho
06-07-2003, 09:05 PM
zeromus in ff4. but the hardest boss i have ever played is in crono cross. i think his name was garhi, man i still cant beat him.