05-22-2003, 10:05 AM
alright who you guys reckon would win in a fight out of-

-penance from X
-Omega weapon from VIII
-ozma from IX
-ruby from VII
-emerald from VII
-Nemesis from X

i personally think penance owns them all, then ruby, then either emerald or nemesis,omega second last and ozma (a graphically crap version of a secret boss)

Linus J
05-22-2003, 03:12 PM
well the hardest thing with emerald was his air tame storm, which inflicted damage to you based on how much ap you had on your materia, since no other boss use materia, emeralds best attack is out of the game. and about the others, dunno after ff7 I havent liked the games enough to beat sidebosses.

The One Winged Angel
05-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Aire tam storm was annoying, but was easy enough to weaken... just get rid of everything except for KotR, W-Summon and mime.. then he dies

I'd probably say Penance, Omega would have been ridiculously hard if it weren't for holy wars.. Ruby was piss, Nemesis is easy.. Ozma caused me trouble.. but wasn't too bad

crono_logical
05-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Multiple FF > Gen FF forum :p

And I think it's kinda hard to compare bosses with each other from different games anyway :p Although I'll say Aire Tam Storm will do crap all against the other bosses, since I doubt they carry materia equipped :p

Flying Mullet
05-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Warmech owns all of them! 8-bit power all the way!
http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/monsters/warmech.gif

therealquigmaster
05-22-2003, 09:36 PM
I say the ones from FFX because in that they are harder to beat and you can hurt 99999 in that

DocFrance
05-23-2003, 04:06 AM
5 NINES??? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MOCKERY???

I remember when the most HP a character could have is 999. That's 3 NINES for you FFX types. Getting 999 HP was something us kids only joked about. Doing more than a thousand damage, while possible, was no more than a distant dream.

AND WE LIKED IT!

FinalLethal
05-23-2003, 04:24 AM
oh yeah, omega from VIII would be almost impossible without holy wars or hero drinks, all he would need to do is cast his omega flare (i think thats its name) where it does like 10 shots of 9999 on random characters, now how would u stop that?

Tgunz262
05-23-2003, 03:12 PM
I beleive that the Aire Tam Storm attack was the biggest weakness. All you need is make sure that one character has 2 materia and 9999 health when he is hit. !!! Instant 7777 !!! and quite a lot of free damage with no counter attack. Of course you would also use KOTR/W-Summon and Mime to just blow him away.

Psychotic
05-23-2003, 06:27 PM
*sigh* I hate it when people take stats into account for things like this, like "Tidus is the hardest cus he can do 99999 damage" it's just luck that he appeared in a later game.

Ruby WEAPON would win. How? He'd stick his claws in the ground, and no-one could touch him.

Ruby isn't as hard to beat as some of the bosses on there, but they can't kill other members of their party, because they aren't in a party! Therefore, Ruby > All.

the blitzer
05-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Omega would destroy them all.

King Michael
05-23-2003, 09:44 PM
I've never even heard of Penance or Nemesis, and i've beaten FFX and done all the side quests. I think Ruby Weapon would win. He's awesome

The One Winged Angel
05-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, evidently you haven't, because if you had you would have at least met Nemesis, since he is in both versions...

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Warmech owns all of them! 8-bit power all the way!
http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/monsters/warmech.gif

...:mad2: Easy

FinalLethal
05-24-2003, 02:50 AM
well its between ruby and penance, and on the hp scale they are roughly evened out, because in VII 9999 is the highest damage you can do, where as in X 99999 is the highest and penance has about 12mill hp, which is equivelant to 1.2mill with 9999 damage

Psychotic
05-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Yeah but Ruby has 500,000 HP, not 1,200,000. But he'd still win. How? Like I say, he'd stick his claws in the ground, and Penance couldn't do any damage, unless he killed himself. So how in the hell could Penance win? I guess we shouldn't forget Emerald, being that he did have 1,000,000 HP.

I beleive that the Aire Tam Storm attack was the biggest weakness. All you need is make sure that one character has 2 materia and 9999 health when he is hit. !!! Instant 7777 !!! and quite a lot of free damage with no counter attack.

Not true, because he uses Revenge Stamp directly before Aire Tam Storm, giving you no chance of a breather. It does just over 3000 damage, not a lot of damage I know, but still, it stops the Lucky 7's rush.

The One Winged Angel
05-24-2003, 06:54 PM
I swear Ruby has more than that, more like 1mil, because i know it took me more than 3 turns to kill him...

King Michael
05-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Tell me where you fight Nemesis and Penance in FFX.
Wait, i just thought of one thing. If Nemesis and Penance are in the Monster Arena, then i don't know who they are. The MA is the only thing i haven't done.

FinalLethal
05-25-2003, 06:22 AM
penance isnt found in the monsters arena, you have to kill all the dark aeons and then he should be a airship location. :D

btw ruby has 500,000 then? well fuk sake, i dont care what u say, penance would own him.

btw one question in ff7- when they blow up the weapon with the huge gun at junon, what weapon was that? was it a first form of emerald? since u find him basically next to it in the sub?

Psychotic
05-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by FinalLethal
penance isnt found in the monsters arena, you have to kill all the dark aeons and then he should be a airship location. :D

btw ruby has 500,000 then? well fuk sake, i dont care what u say, penance would own him.

btw one question in ff7- when they blow up the weapon with the huge gun at junon, what weapon was that? was it a first form of emerald? since u find him basically next to it in the sub?

1) I'm going to make something perfectly clear. When you first fight Ruby Weapon, he has his claws in the ground. If you try to attack him at this point, it will do 0 damage. ZERO. The only way you can make him take them out is to kill two of your party members or let him warp them away. Penance can't kill himself, therefore Penance cannot make Ruby take his claws out, which means Ruby is INVINCIBLE.

2) It could be, that does make sense. I always thought of it as Diamond, but hey, I'm not an expert on all those WEAPONs flying around. I'm only an expert in fighting 'em :D

Cz
05-25-2003, 07:20 PM
A rather unfair contest, if you ask me. How could Ozma, with 70,000 HP, defeat Penance, who inhabits a world where 9999 Damage can be dealt with a broken guitar string?

Penance would destroy them all, Ruby would dig his claws into the gorund, Penance would give up and go home.