PDA

View Full Version : Good locations to level?

Auron_Kotetsu
05-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Alright... so i have my party in a pretty wide range of places... My Cloud is l.62, while my Yuffie is l.52. The others are all somewhere in between. If i want to level enough to not get completely owned by the Weapons, level up all my materia a bunch, and basically set up one pisser of an end fight, where do i go? i'm hoping there are some areas that are more exciting than Seph's crater and the Shinra plane... and a little less challenging for my lower characters. Please advise!

Sin Harvest
05-23-2003, 04:37 AM
the forest outside mideel (is it mideel ?) the town that weapon attacks. it blows up and cloud falls in the mako stuff and its left as this big puddle of green shit on the world map. there.
theres head hunters and worm things that are heaps easy and worth a fair bit.

razor248725
05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
the northen creater, definately. mideel, as said before, is a good option as well

Raiden
05-23-2003, 10:33 AM
The Northern Crater is the best place. Each Magic Pot give you 8,000 EXP. points, and Maester Tonberries 6,000.

Sorceress Fujin
06-05-2003, 05:24 AM
I usually level up in the Mideel area until my characters are at about level 70, and after that, my favorite place to level up is the crashed Gelnika (ya know, the plane on the ocean floor with all those bizarre creatures.)

TheAbominatrix
06-05-2003, 05:34 AM
There's a place in the Northern Crater where you follow paths that take you briefly under water. It's a real organic looking room, and you fight magic pots and some weird kind of horses if I remember right. That place was always my favorite for leveling up.

MagicKnight Locke
06-05-2003, 01:44 PM
i dont know why but i alwaysliked to lvl on sea worms on shores of mideel(they are pathetically easy,you could fight them on disc 1 too)

Max
06-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Ive been tryin to level up my characters as well.Ur best bet is Northern Crater,Crashed Gelinka,and Mideel.

Neru
06-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Northen Crater, and Mideel, are two very good locations for leveling up.

Lost Heretic
06-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm quite surprised that no one mentioned the sunken submarine. You an get alot of good stuff there, and the enemies are about as hard as the ones in the crater.

DocFrance
06-07-2003, 07:41 PM
In that room that Abominatrix mentioned...
'Tis a great place to level up characters and materia. I use Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie (equipped with Apocalypse Sword, Scimitar, and Rising Sun, and all with Rune Armlets). If you encounter a Master Tonberry, steal an Elixir and run. Use the Elixirs you steal to feed Magic Pots and kill them. Kill Movers. Run from everything else, as everything else will give you poor XP and AP.

Neru
06-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Lost Heretic
I'm quite surprised that no one mentioned the sunken submarine. You an get alot of good stuff there, and the enemies are about as hard as the ones in the crater.

Ahh yes, another very good place for leveling up at; the Sunken Gelnika.

Sephiroth2
06-08-2003, 05:47 AM
the best place is the crater

if you fight the little red balls you get alot of materia exp. and if you fight the magic urns and give them elixers you get alot of regular exp.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-08-2003, 10:54 PM
thanks a lot for that, i just kept doing what i was doing and gained 25 levels all across, as well as several mastered Materia. i hadn't yet found that little sideplace on the left path that has the Movers and Magic Pots when i posted this. oh, and i was surprised nobody mentioned that ALL of the monsters in the crashed Gelnika morph into some kind of stat-boosting Source (Power, Guard, Speed, Magic). that came in handy too.
even still, i restarted. i'm going to play through slow this time, and do it right.

Lost Heretic
06-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Auron_Kotetsu
i was surprised nobody mentioned that ALL of the monsters in the crashed Gelnika morph into some kind of stat-boosting Source (Power, Guard, Speed, Magic). that came in handy too.

Holy flaming plastic drippies! They really do? I'll have to try to morph them next time I'm playing.

Aerith_FF7
06-09-2003, 09:05 PM
north cave definetly for the higher lvls for the good exp and ap, but mideel is not bad for mid lvl ranges.

Dragonfire
06-10-2003, 02:26 AM
the jungle looking rooms in the northern crater are the best. The best is fighting two magic pots. 16000 EXP and 2000 AP is amazing. Plus, using triple growth weapons (Apocalypse Sword, Scimitar, and I think one of Tifa's weapons, but I could be wrong about that.) and EXP-Plus is just godly!

Auron_Kotetsu
06-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, i found Morphing to be a blast regardless of where i was. My personal favorite was Yuffie, rocking her Conformer. Barret isnt't bad on the Missing Score, if you load it up with mastered Materia to power it up. (My Morph is mastered, so it works out well.) Master Tonberries, in addition, have the handy habit of Morphing into Ribbons, leaving everyone immune to everything! :D

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 10:29 PM
the best area to train is in the crater at the marsh like area and fight the magic pots

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:47 PM
surprised noone mentioned anything about a tonberry. they dish out a LOT of exp, and ap. gelnika is good too, since some of the mosters there u cant beat with a 4x cut of 9999

Yunaknight
07-29-2003, 04:11 AM
Magic Pots give out the most

Blood Wake
07-29-2003, 09:01 PM
i always went to the forest near that place that was blown up by weapon

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Yunaknight
Magic Pots give out the most

they do, but they only give out ap. and u have to give them elixers or they're indestructible

Blood Wake
07-30-2003, 02:40 AM
in all FFs i keep all elixers till the final fight unless the final fight is easyer than the one before like in 7 or 10