PDA

View Full Version : Roof Of Riovanes Castle, ARGH!

Enigma
05-23-2003, 10:09 PM
This is single-handedly(<~~I don't even know what that means) the most annoying battle in the game. Celia and Lede have moves that kill in one hit and RAFA IS SOOOO DAMN DUMB, SHE RUNS TOWARDS THE ENEMIES!!!

In other words, any advice?

Night_Sword
05-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Well... First off you can get a ninja. With high enough speed you'll attack first and ravage the closest assassin, ending the battle. You could get a mage and take off his armor, causing a diversion for the assassin to attack him instead of rafa. Or you could wait until Rafa isn't an idiot. I HAVE seen her retreat before.

Zifnab
05-24-2003, 11:45 AM
The Ninja was my way of beating it also, first time too. He had float (I think) on him somehow and martial arts, and the battle was almost too easy.

Enigma
05-24-2003, 11:22 PM
I think I might have overeacted but anyway, I've seen Rafa retreat like once in every ten battles and then when she does, Celia and Lede either kills all of my party or Rafa with the Stop Bracelet or stops everyone with Shadow Stitch.

I have to have been a Thief to get Ninja, right? If so, I'm out of luck, I have one current thief and I've only used her about three times.

Ramza_Beoulve
05-26-2003, 04:31 PM
If you can't get a ninja just take armor off your Knights. This will raise there speed enough to kill the assasins. If only one of the three go critical you win.:)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-26-2003, 05:30 PM
I used a Monk With Two Swords and Teleport and an Angel Ring.

I teleported near one of the enemys got in TWO punches and died. Then I re-Raised and fineshed the Job.

Kind of a Dumb-Luck way to do it but it works.

fnors
05-26-2003, 09:38 PM
There is an item you can buy before enter that castle... i think it's an outfit... it cancels Death effect, with that you can survive 1 turn attacking the same person.

Night_Sword
05-26-2003, 10:10 PM
If you can't get a ninja just take armor off your Knights. This will raise there speed enough to kill the assasins. If only one of the three go critical you win.

Umm...armor doesn't affect speed at all.

Enigma
05-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Night_Sword
If you can't get a ninja just take armor off your Knights. This will raise there speed enough to kill the assasins. If only one of the three go critical you win.

Umm...armor doesn't affect speed at all.

I was just about to try that. Anyone ever beat that mission without Ninja and if so, how? Or any more advice from anyone? I tried GameFaqs and didin't get much. Yesterday, Rafa actually retreated but the assasins stopped all of my people and killed Rafa afterwards.

Night_Sword
05-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Well.... Use a few high power characters like a monk, and give them anything you have that increases move range. I think if you set it up properly you can reach one assassin in one turn. Make sure you have decoys, as the AI goes after the lowest hp'ed unit.

Giga Guess
05-27-2003, 01:22 PM
I lucked out in this battle. Celia went after Ramza. Celia attacked Ramza. Ramza had Hamedo. Ramza had 2 Sword. Ramza was a Monk. Do the Math.

EveningCross
05-28-2003, 02:30 AM
Mine was kind of luck because the "Michael Jackson-looking guy" missed with his attacks and so did the dancers/assassains. This enabled me to move in and lay the smack down on them all. However, they still took a couple of my characters with them and it took me about 20 or 30 tries before it happened. This battle and the one where you fight Gafgarion at the gate of the castle always take a long time. I never seem to be leveled up enough.

AlextheDaredevil
05-31-2003, 08:19 AM
It was kinda easy for me for some reason. Lets see... I had mostly theives, a white mage, and Ramza was a ninja. One of the theives had the Moderator thing on'em. I don't remember how exactly it happened, but I somehow I got the two assasins to stay away from the thieves and the Seph lookalike to stay still. I pretty much stole everything he had and used Ramza and the rest of the theives to beat him fairly quickly. And I got cool armor!

Enigma
06-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks you guys. I finally beat them. I killed Lede and won after I put on Battle Boots instead of the Reflect Ring to move my Move up to 4. I just kinda chased her around after I hit her the first time, she killed me and then a chemist used a Phoenix Down on Ramza and then I killed Lede.

Thanks.

Gregory
08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
A chemist? How can a chemist help with a battle such as this? Sorry, but chemists are good for basically gunning down enemies. I think Priests are way better healers than Chemists. Well, I won without luck. Math Skill/Holy was my only weapon. Math Skill is the only death trap for anyone. I used to think they were more like Oracles, but now I know better. Congrats, that's the deadliest battle known to man.

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Speed is really the key in this battle, you have to have a ninja or a thief. I had a Thief with WhiteMagic, used
wall on Rafa so she survived Muramasa.

Equip Barrette on Rafa!

Despotus
08-29-2003, 11:06 PM
This is one of the best chances in the game to get some good equipment early on. So whatever you do, don't kill any enemies, just incapacitate them... Incapacitation involves using Stop, Frog, Sleep, Don't Move and Paralyze. Put the assassin girls to sleep as soon as possible. They are much nicer that way. I don't think that Threaten or Foxbird will be of much use, if my memory serves. It is essential to bring thieves into this battle, two or three characters with 'steal' would be appropriate. That's to take all the cool, rare items that Lede, Cede, and Elmdor are carrying. The girls can be incapacitated easily enough AFTER you take the Barette and Cachusha off their heads with your thieves. Elmdor is tougher because he resists all status effects (i think maybe he can be blinded and silenced, that's it) Steal his Samurai Sword and he will not be able to inflict much damage. Have a good healer or two in the party in case he does get out of hand. Rafa's problem is she is too weak to play any part in this battle... paralyze her and she will run away to a nice safe place, usually behind your other characters. Keep healing her and keep her under the don't act spell and she'll be ok. Characters (wizards) with "math skill" are best at incapacitating enemies and keeping them out of the battle, although using Mustadio's "snipe" with a rifle in his hand is also brilliant. Check out the abilities of the Barette and Cachusha that the girls are wearing to find out what status effects would be useless against each one (you bring up the chacter screen for the enemy by placing the cursor over his figure and pressing a button. When on char. screen, press 'select' and scroll down to the item you'd like to look at. Barette and Cachusha stop different effects, so you have to be selective about the incapacitating spells at first, after your thieves steal their helmets, they're putty in your hands.
And don't forget to use Move find Item to get some ordinary equipment from inside each chimney and down the opposite side of the building from where you start. Happy hunting! --Despotus:greenie:

SoS.Atlerik
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
They have no extraordinary rare equipments have they?

Give example.

Mwork
09-04-2003, 07:06 PM
They've nothing you can't poach/buy later on.

SoS.Atlerik
09-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Exactly what I thought/knew too.:eep:

Halenite
09-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Try giving a Ninja the Lancer's Ignore Height. That is what really helped me the most.

Chzn8r
09-19-2003, 01:41 AM
My first battle, Rafa retreated, and an assassin attacked Ramza, who did Hamedo and killed her. Way to luck out :p

cheer
05-20-2004, 12:57 AM
make someone like ramza a monk with 'speedy clothes'<forgot the names=D>, he'll get his turn first<myb?>, go to the nearest assassin and with his monk skillz attack and kill her.

AaronD
05-20-2004, 03:24 AM
i had ramza with 2 swords, +3 move, germinas boots and that did it for me as a squire

Jolts
05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Red Chocobos can be helpful too, if they get a turn, that is.

Del Murder
05-22-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm pretty sure he's figured it out after a whole year.