PDA

View Full Version : My FF8-2 ideas...(weely kewliez!!!11!!)

Eyece
05-23-2003, 11:27 PM
O.k. here is my basic story board for FF8...

1. Main character is Seifer...
2. Fujin gets killed (no idea who by yet) and Seifer and Raijin go off to find the killer...They bump into Squall and company and after taking a short break from searching, they find out that evil PuPus have invaded...

So they go to kill PuPus and the PuPus infect they're bodies and come out through they're asses. Rinoa tries to figure out a way to kill the evil PuPus, and she finds out, they hae water! So she makes every person drink water. it shall be called...

FF8-2 the signs of the dreamcatcher.

O.k. lets cut the shit, a FF8-2 would be fu**ing stupid. A REMAKE however would be nice, but c'mon people, a fu**ing sequel? What possible idea could they have for a sequel that wouldn't kill the original. If you can come up with GOOD ideas and please post them, I will shut up. But think about it...

1. Seifer, the 2nd best bad guy ever is now a good guy.
2. The evil of the world is destroyed.
3. Anything for a sequel would be bogus, what is going to happen, another bad guy coming to the earth? It would be like a comic book almost and would be quite redundant in the ideas.
4. Most the ideas they'd use would probably be rather farfetched. As stated in my flaming of an FF8-2.

Please, if you can come up with a *decent* idea...Post it.

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Ultemecia from the present comes and invades....;)

Rahxephon666
05-24-2003, 01:59 AM
I like that idea of Ultemecia.:)

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Rahxephon666
I like that idea of Ultemecia.:)

Irvine and Selphie had a baby and *it* will be the main character. With Zell and Library girl's baby and a new person(just like Paine). Junctions will not be there anymore magic stones(fire stone, thunder stone...) will be placed on a character and in a number of battles, they will learn the magic. A whider selection of weapons will be available, also. Squall is not missing. Seifer is;) .(Perhapes Ultemicia's bodyguard) and they *accidentaly* find him on the quest. Everyone has a new wardrobe.

Psychotic
05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Eyece
1. Seifer, the 2nd best bad guy ever is now a good guy.

I think Seifer was supposed to be a victim, not a villain. In fact in some theories, the other guy in your sig is hinted at being a victim. But that's all FVII and this is FFVIII.

There should be no FFVIII-2. There should be no FF any game-2. The world is saved. Woop-de-do. Now it's all over. Leave it at that.

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
There should be no FFVIII-2. There should be no FF any game-2. The world is saved. Woop-de-do. Now it's all over. Leave it at that.

Don't you want to know where the game left off.:(

Rahxephon666
05-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah I do.:)

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Rahxephon666
Yeah I do.:)

I love you:love: (not for real)

Rahxephon666
05-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks Honey...;)

Rand Al'Tor
05-27-2003, 11:19 AM
'saved' is a rather relative concept. Okay, Ulti isn't gonna absorb the whole thing of space and time. But whe we last left our heroes, Esthar was STILL overrun by monsters of the Lunar cry, and it doesn't look like they're gonna win (the ancient civilisation on the Cetra continent didn't). And even after you've defeated that, you KNOW that every so many years someone is gonna throw oogles of monsters down from the moon and wipe out really big nations. WHat is up with that? I feel like that needs some investigation. Then there's doctor Odine. What IS it with Guardian Forces, the Sorceress powers and Lunatic Pandora? What is it with the Odine connection? How about Galbadia, what happens to this nation now that it's military has been seriously hurt. How does the world dear with Rinoa as a Sorceress, especially SeeD? I could imagine people would be rather hostile.

Of course, I wouldn't advise having the old cast be the heroes for the new game. Wy too unrealistic to have them having troubles killing 'Joe Average monster'. Let them be NPC's, maybe even bosses in a 'the good guys have a row'. When the villain would manipulate SeeD to go after you, you could actually have Squall Lionheart out for your protagonist's butt.

Also, considering people have found out GF's DO cause memory loss, I would assume they'd be far less used, toning the nigh-god-like heroes of VIII down a little. (Squall can still kick the ass of most any fighter on the planet of course, but going solo against huge monsters is not for him anymore)

Faris_the_guy
05-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Rand Al'Tor
'saved' is a rather relative concept. Okay, Ulti isn't gonna absorb the whole thing of space and time. But whe we last left our heroes, Esthar was STILL overrun by monsters of the Lunar cry, and it doesn't look like they're gonna win (the ancient civilisation on the Cetra continent didn't). And even after you've defeated that, you KNOW that every so many years someone is gonna throw oogles of monsters down from the moon and wipe out really big nations. WHat is up with that?

Since Adel and "Ulti" died so does the monster.

I feel like that needs some investigation. Then there's doctor Odine. What IS it with Guardian Forces, the Sorceress powers and Lunatic Pandora? What is it with the Odine connection? How about Galbadia, what happens to this nation now that it's military has been seriously hurt.

War ended, Galbadia's soldiers gave up 'cause of Edea being gone.

How does the world dear with Rinoa as a Sorceress, especially SeeD?

In the end, Matron is back to normal, I would imagine Rinoa is too.

Of course, I wouldn't advise having the old cast be the heroes for the new game. Wy too unrealistic to have them having troubles killing 'Joe Average monster'. Let them be NPC's, maybe even bosses in a 'the good guys have a row'. When the villain would manipulate SeeD to go after you, you could actually have Squall Lionheart out for your protagonist's butt.

FFX-2 did, but not a lot, perhaps one or two would be okay.

Also, considering people have found out GF's DO cause memory loss, I would assume they'd be far less used, toning the nigh-god-like heroes of VIII down a little.

I don't think they do. You probably don't remember when you were about 4years old. And look at Laguna, he still remember 17 years ago and he uses GFs.

Eyece
05-28-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Faris_the_guy
Ultemecia from the present comes and invades....;)

No words of the human language, (or any other language) can express how stupid that idea is. IT IS LAME! And your whole thing about magic stones is quite dumb, the reason FF8 was FF8 was because of the junction system. The only thing they need to do other then a storyline/a few more characters would be the GFs. They need to lower the power etc of the GFs.

And also, Selphie and Irvine's baby? Do you not get the concept of a SEQUEL? It would be SQUALL as the main character. A sequel usually revolves around the same fu**ing character. O.k. lets keep trying to find GOOD ideas for a sequel, shall we?

Misfit
05-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Faris_the_guy
Everyone has a new wardrobe.
Yeah, you say that now.. but when they do get a new wardrobe, you know that everybody will start complaining. "OMG! Why'd they change their outfits for? They look so slutty now." e.e;;

Faris_the_guy
05-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Eyece
No words of the human language, (or any other language) can express how stupid that idea is. IT IS LAME! And your whole thing about magic stones is quite dumb, the reason FF8 was FF8 was because of the junction system. The only thing they need to do other then a storyline/a few more characters would be the GFs. They need to lower the power etc of the GFs.

And also, Selphie and Irvine's baby? Do you not get the concept of a SEQUEL? It would be SQUALL as the main character. A sequel usually revolves around the same fu**ing character. O.k. lets keep trying to find GOOD ideas for a sequel, shall we?

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :giddy: :shoot: :giddy: :shoot:

Why do you think there should be no FF8-2...

Also, Why don't you like my idea, yours is just bad

Eyece
05-28-2003, 09:46 PM
1. most of the people didn;t like FF8. (Though it was the best one in my opinion)

2. because in order to make something worthwhile to play, they'd have to change much stuff about the game, (such as the GFs, draw system, etc etc) to where people would like it more. This would kill the whole thing about FF8 which made it great. If you change all the characters, the planet, and everything else, how is it a sequel? Do you people know what the fu** a sequel is? Let me define it for you...Straight off of www.m-w.com

a. subsequent development b. the next installment (as of speech or story); especially : a literary or cinematic work continuing the course of a story begun in a preceding one.

Now, let's analyze this, A STORY BEGUN IN A PRECEDING ONE...Meaning the story was BEGUN!! BUT, if you watch the ending movie (otherwise, why'd you play it) it pretty much shows you the ending does it not? It shows no opening of anything else. It pretty much shows the end to everything, Edea is good after ultimecia is destroyed, because ultimecia was basically the whole reason Edea was evil. Seifer, is a good guy now. Everything was picture perfect, so if they do something like "ultimecia's return" or something, it'd basically ruin the first one. And the idea of a villian returning, is let me say it again, LAME!!!!! :skull::skull::skull::skull:ING LAME!!! DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND THAT??? You could not make a INTERESTING sequel to FF8, it is nearly impossible.

TidaRalique
05-29-2003, 03:43 AM
A good FFVIII-2 sequel would have to rely on the Rinoa=Ultimecia theory.

Here is an idea:

A new cast of characters, SeeDs or anti-sorceress soldiers or whatever. Threatened by Rinoa's power, or possible power another war starts. Blah, blah, blah, just like the past FF8 storyline, minus the romance.

The cast of FF8 (Rinoa, Squall, Zell, Quistis, Irvine and Selphie) are the enemies, defending their friend from the soldiers, one by one they are defeated and Squall (the final boss), dies in battle. The game ends with Rinoa's anger and an FMV showing her conjur up the magic within her, wanting to return to the moment she met Squall, to defend him and herself from the hell that is today, blah blah blah and whatnot.

A normal plot but it actually works. It's not impossible.

Rand Al'Tor
05-29-2003, 06:53 PM
'saved' is a rather relative concept. Okay, Ulti isn't gonna absorb the whole thing of space and time. But whe we last left our heroes, Esthar was STILL overrun by monsters of the Lunar cry, and it doesn't look like they're gonna win (the ancient civilisation on the Cetra continent didn't). And even after you've defeated that, you KNOW that every so many years someone is gonna throw oogles of monsters down from the moon and wipe out really big nations. WHat is up with that?

Since Adel and "Ulti" died so does the monster.

I suspect not. After all, back when the Cetra continent civilisation got iced, Ulti and Adel weren't around.Adel summoned them to fall from the moon on the planet. I'd think they were still around. And there's still new beasties growing on the moon. Heck, considering Cetra was pretty advanced (they were probably the ones who made Eden) one can wonder whether the whole world won't have a really hard time not getting squished by the monsters.

I feel like that needs some investigation. Then there's doctor Odine. What IS it with Guardian Forces, the Sorceress powers and Lunatic Pandora? What is it with the Odine connection? How about Galbadia, what happens to this nation now that it's military has been seriously hurt.

War ended, Galbadia's soldiers gave up 'cause of Edea being gone.

Yes, so what happens with Galbadia afterwards? Who becomes boss? SeeD? General Caraway? Rinoa? What about all the countries that had Galbadianst torching the place? Won't they go for some vengeance now?

How does the world dear with Rinoa as a Sorceress, especially SeeD?

In the end, Matron is back to normal, I would imagine Rinoa is too.

Normal being 'soreress in a world that just went through TWO Sorceress wars and may very well not like her, even if she ISN'T a puppet for some Sorceress from the future'.

Also, considering people have found out GF's DO cause memory loss, I would assume they'd be far less used, toning the nigh-god-like heroes of VIII down a little.

I don't think they do. You probably don't remember when you were about 4years old. And look at Laguna, he still remember 17 years ago and he uses GFs.

Indirectly through Squall and company that were brought in his head by Ellone. Remember Laguna commenting that 'the Faeries' were there. Squall took the memory loss for him. And considering Irvine DID remember the ORphanage (because he doesn't use GF's) I think we can safely say the GF's DO cause memory loss.

I also would agree that playing immediately on a 'Return of Ulti' would be rather forced (though I think Eyece is being a bit...confronattional) Eventhough i'm a R=U believer, i don't think it would have to be the main thing of the game (some hints maybe, have Squall clearly seem a bit tortured over it) I'd say they have to head for the moon.

Still, I think that, while VIII does indeed resolve the situation with Ulti, and even Rinoa's fate is settled (pretty literarly actually) there's plenty of issues in the world that need fixing, if not for the main characters. A game in the same world, with different characters. I'd call that a sequel. After all, if you consider VIII a sequel to VII, you've already stretched the meaning of sequel anyway eh? What's in a name and all that...

Faris_the_guy
05-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Rand Al'Tor
. A game in the same world, with different characters. I'd call that a sequel. After all, if you consider VIII a sequel to VII, you've already stretched the meaning of sequel anyway eh? What's in a name and all that...

Finaly, some one understands me:greenie:

Moonie Rinoa
06-01-2003, 08:51 PM
FF8-2 with Squall and Rinoa's son/daughter LOL it would be so niceeeeeee oh god X) or maybe a sequel before that on balamb garden Ultimecia's still alive and kill them all ahahah *evil*

~Rin

moonlight1711
06-06-2003, 09:29 AM
I don't like part 2!!!

zacks_clone
06-06-2003, 04:26 PM
hmmmm.i didnt really like ff8,so a ff8-2 would perhaps be a good idea.the plot?...no idea.perhaps we should kill rinoa...:D

Faris_the_guy
06-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
perhaps we should kill rinoa...:D

I'm game...;)

R=U...She invades and plunges the world into darkness(like Kefka...but better)

TidaRalique
06-07-2003, 03:56 AM
OKAY THEN, let's do this. Screw the sequel, make some prequels.

Final Fantasy VIII - Galbadia

The name says it all. And if you think it doesn't, all I have to say is Galbadia Trio, they had a story more interesting than the actual story for the most part.

zacks_clone
06-07-2003, 03:40 PM
YESYES!I agree!We should do it on those three!A Prequal would be much much better then a sequil(please ignor my spelling mistakes...-.-;; )