PDA

View Full Version : raising brave and faith points?

Blitz
05-23-2003, 11:55 PM
How do you raise brave and faith points, and what exactly do they do?

Night_Sword
05-24-2003, 12:31 AM
To raise brave, use Ramzas 'cheer up' on others or scream on himself. Use the Mediators 'praise'.

To raise faith, use Mediators 'preach'

To lower faith, use Mediators 'solution'

Brave determines how often Reaction abilities go off. Except for Abandon and Weapon Guard. B% so if you have 70 brave you have a 70% chance of it going off. Lower brave gives you a better chance of finding hidden items. At a rate of B% where lower is better.

Faith determines the strength of magic, high faith means you'll take more damage, but give out more. And low faith means you'll take less damage, but won't give as much.

SmoshCuch
05-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Just to add a bit to what Night Sword said...

You can also raise Brave with the Mediator skill 'Praise' or the Dancer reaction skill 'Brave Up'. Ramza's 'Cheer Up' is the most effective, but if you aren't using Ramza's Guts skillset, 'Praise' works pretty well too.

I'm not sure how much you know about FFT, so I figured I'd clarify this just in case you're new to the game.
When Night Sword says Brave helps find hidden items, he's talking about the Chemist movement ability 'Move-Find Item'. Each battlefield has items hidden beneath certain panels. Each panel has a common item & a rarer, more valuable item. You can only find one or the other. Your Brave is the % chance that you will find the common item, so it's better to have a low Brave for this. With 10 Brave, you will have a 10% chance for the common item & a nice 90% chance of finding the better, rarer item.

In addition to increasing magic damage, Faith also affects the odds that status anomoly-type spells will succeed. Hope any of this info helps. Have fun, it's a great game.

Blitz
05-24-2003, 11:29 PM
can you permanently raise brave points?

Ferril Shadow
05-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Also lowering a target's brave points below 10 turns them "chicken". This is helpful in the deep dungeon. They will run from the fight and be susceptible to more damage. If you are lowering someone’s brave to find items make sure not to get them below 10. Beowolf's chicken ability lowers brave by 50pts.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-26-2003, 05:53 PM
For every "Praise" or "Brave up" action you perform in battle you will gain 4 points in that battle which will equal 1 point perminantly.

However do not excede 97 Brave in any battle or your character will leave your party.

The same Goes for Faith.

Giga Guess
05-28-2003, 01:22 PM
I thought it was simply Below 10 for Brave and above 90 for Faith that they will leave. Huh.

Oh, and I also heard it's every 4 in battle brave/faith raised is equal to 1 permanent point added on. I don't know how it works on lowering.

crono_logical
05-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Don't make the permanent brave level too low or the permanent faith level too high, as that causes the character to leave tyour party. Brave above 97 does not cause the character to leave the party, that only applies to Faith, and I don't even think it's as high as 97 anyway, since I don't think you can take the permanent level that high anyway.

EveningCross
05-29-2003, 09:20 PM
I'm curious. Do these same principles mentioned above for raising brave/faith points apply to the Squire command "Yell" and a character's speed?

Pancaek
05-29-2003, 11:21 PM
EveningCross: No, you can't permanently raise speed.

Giga Guess: Lowering Brave and Faith works the same as raising it. For every 4 points up or down, you get or lose one point permanently.

Giga Guess
06-01-2003, 03:34 AM
As I thought. Thanks.