PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon??

Alteclansing
05-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Hey, I've heard all this talk about ribbon, I have the american version so I dont habve it, but I was wondering what exactly ribbon does, cause it seems to be pretty good by the way people want to get it!! Please reply, Thanks.

Prodigy
05-24-2003, 10:14 AM
It's only really useful if you're fighting Dark Aeons as they tend to put every single negative status under the sun on you. Also it's useful for Great Marlboros and a few others nasties that you get in the American version.

Ribbon protects agsinst most status changes - it doesn't protect against Curse, Death or any breaks.

§håd0w
07-21-2003, 01:50 AM
what blows is that u cant inlflict curse. it would come in handy when fightin belgemine's aeons,(SPOILER) Jecht , or any aeons in general. but it would make sense, considering u would only use it maybe 5 times at the most. and ribbon protects against death, just not KO. but their arent many bosses who can inflict death, so it doesnt matter much. although deathproof comes in handy when fightin (SPOILER) yunalesca and the moster arena bosses

robfinalfantasy
07-23-2003, 08:09 PM
It does the same thing it has always done.

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:35 PM
what does? ribbon? ribbon wasnt in that many games

robfinalfantasy
07-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
ribbon wasnt in that many games You must not know your Final Fantasy then. The ribbon appears in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and Tactics. It seems the it also appears in 10 as other people are talking about it even though I have never actually gotten it. Anyone know how to make it?

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:01 AM
i knew it was in the early ones, 7 and 9. it wasnt in 8 or the american 10. its 99 dark matter, but its only in ffx intl.

Prodigy
07-26-2003, 11:24 AM
It doesn't do the same as it's always done - not quite. It doesn't protect against death. Try fighting something with that causes death and even with ribbon it'll kill you. Deathproof is the only way of protecting against death.

Anyway, you can collect dark matters if you want but the best way is to fight dark aeons.

They drop armour with break hp limit and ribbon as abilities so your best bet is to keep fighting the really easy ones until they drop something with 4 slots and ribbon in. If you get 4 slots and ribbon & break hp then even better. That's what I did for the 3 main characters that I used.

robfinalfantasy
07-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Prodigy Also it's useful for Great Marlboros and a few others nasties that you get in the American version.

Originally posted by masamune1287 but its only in ffx intl.
I don't think the ribbon ever protected against Death. The ribbon protects against almost every status change. Death is not a status change. Also there are two people contradicting each other. Is it available in the American version or not? Are the Dark Aeons the only monsters that drop it?

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 09:05 PM
its in intl. and european only, it does protect against sudden death, or at least whenever i was attacked by a boss at the monster who could use death, it never did anything, it just showed that triangle and said IMMUNE, and then i get all happy. The dark aeons drop it, but even thats easier said than done. or u could customize a shield with 99 dark matter and get it. it doesnt protect against curse though. so good luck getting one for all of ur members

Prodigy
07-28-2003, 11:42 AM
It certainly doesn't protect against some kinds of death.

I'm almost certain (but I'd have to go back and check) that there are some creatures who can use a "death inflicting" attack on you even with ribbon.

In 7 I'm almost certain that ribbon protected against death.

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:12 PM
im gonna correct myself now, or something. i dunno how it works, it doesnt protect against death (at least it doesnt in 7-9) i dunno what the deal is in FFX. i dunno, it protects sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt. or it might just be that death is just like any other status change, and there is a probability that it works and wont work. i dunno, but i figgured out that it doesnt protect against death.

Sin Harvest
07-31-2003, 05:04 AM
where do you get dark matters from to make one ?
and rob whos that in that pic ? theyre black metallers thats for sure.
may darkness forever grip you my steel clad freind.
\m/

§håd0w
08-01-2003, 02:06 AM
rare drop from all monster arena bosses, or unlock ultima buster and get 99 (5 of every fiend)

robfinalfantasy
08-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
rare drop from all monster arena bosses, or unlock ultima buster and get 99 (5 of every fiend) I believe I unlocked it, but I never received 99 dark matters. Are you sure about that? I may be wrong.

Originally poster by Sin Harvest
where do you get dark matters from to make one ?
and rob whos that in that pic ? theyre black metallers thats for sure.
may darkness forever grip you my steel clad freind.
\m/It's Ragnarok. http://www.ragnarokhorde.com/

§håd0w
08-01-2003, 01:09 PM
yup he, he does so in us version and in intl. i dunno about other versions. but he should give u a speech... sorta, after u fight/deny/lose to him on how u caught all the fiends. then once u unlock nemesis, he gives an even longer speech(if u beat him)

stiltskinstrips
08-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Capture 5 of each fiends on all area in the monster arena, and the owner will give you 99 dark matter.

You can also beat dark aeons for dark matters, i recommend Yojimbo. You can kill him again and again (you have to beat him 5 times inside the cavern to really kill him, so you just have to beat him 4 times, go out of the cavern and go in and he would still be there) you will receive dark matter or master sphere everytime.

OR

if you've already unlocked Penance, you could try to kill it's arms again and again as they regenerate. If you stayed long to kill as many arms as you can, you'll get a bunch of dark matters! :D

robfinalfantasy
08-18-2003, 01:40 AM
I have 99 Dark Matters, but the option to create the Ribbon ability has not appeared.

neeber
08-18-2003, 04:17 PM
The most obvious question must be: Do you have the International or European version of the game?
If not, you're screwed.

The second most obvious question: Are you using an "armor" of any sort to customize?

robfinalfantasy
08-19-2003, 02:40 AM
Armor was the first place that I checked. I even checked the weapons just to be sure. I was told that in the American version the Ribbon is still accessible. We can now put this rumor to rest. I think I'll move back to Germany and buy the game at a game shop. :tongue:

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by stiltskinstrips
Capture 5 of each fiends on all area in the monster arena, and the owner will give you 99 dark matter.

You can also beat dark aeons for dark matters, i recommend Yojimbo. You can kill him again and again (you have to beat him 5 times inside the cavern to really kill him, so you just have to beat him 4 times, go out of the cavern and go in and he would still be there) you will receive dark matter or master sphere everytime.

OR

if you've already unlocked Penance, you could try to kill it's arms again and again as they regenerate. If you stayed long to kill as many arms as you can, you'll get a bunch of dark matters! :D

we have established that many times