PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!Squaresoft Movies!!!!!!

Rinna Lee
05-24-2003, 04:16 AM
If you wanted to see any movie from out of Squaresoft's games,what would it be? For me, it would probably be KH, FF8, FF7, or Parasite Eve. :love:

Aurey
05-24-2003, 11:18 AM
I would like to see KH and FFX become movies.It would be cool.

Spatvark
05-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Vagrant Story would be sweet, but it'd rely on far too much dialogue. I'd love to see Callo, Samantha and Neesa in the flesh though... =D~~~

Bahamut2000X
05-25-2003, 01:42 AM
I would like to see KH and FFX become movies

*cough* (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30726)

And their making the kinghearts movie still last time I heard.

As for movies I would like to see made, maybe FFVI, made in a trilogy cause it'll be too hard to compress it so small.

Book
05-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Rinna Lee
If you wanted to see any movie from out of Squaresoft's games,what would it be? For me, it would probably be KH, FF8, FF7, or Parasite Eve. :love:

There is a Parasite Eve movie allready but I think it came before the game so.. hmm.. anyways I would like to see a more true FF based movie far from TSW. FF7 would be a dream but I think its story would be far to complex to put it into a movie.

Parasite Eve Movie (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JXXX/ref=ase_fast-dvdasin-20/103-0587994-2821421)

Btw. Anyone know if the Parasite Eve game was based on this movie (which I heard isn't very good) or something else ?

Aurey
05-25-2003, 11:41 AM
*cough*

Oh, maybe ffx-2 then.Hell I dunno!

Psychotic
05-25-2003, 01:05 PM
To Squaresoft:DO NOT EVER LET ANYONE MAKE ANY FF'S INTO MOVIES. They could never do justice to the games, and then there'd be like hordes of people saying "FF is crap, just look at that film, I don't want to play the game"

RydiaOfMist
05-27-2003, 03:58 AM
I'd love to see a movie of FFVI because it would be great, but I wouldn't mind seeing one of FFVII as well.

Blackmage
05-27-2003, 08:50 PM
This is slightly off topic, but since I saw it under the details of the Parasite Eve movie, does anyone know where to get the novel, particularly in English since I don't know Japanese?

EDIT: Oh, and a movie of Vagrant Story would own.

RSL
05-28-2003, 12:24 AM
I don't think any of them would translate well into movies.

Advent Child
05-28-2003, 01:34 AM
*crosses fingers for KH movie*

Go powerful women
06-13-2003, 03:34 AM
I personally would love to see Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts. I think that maybe a movie would not be a good idea because you are not interactive with it.
The people and friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded...Never forget them.

CloudDragon
06-13-2003, 04:42 AM
Probably Xenogears would be maybe the only one I'd like to see as a movie, preferably an Anime Movie.

Big D
06-15-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Spatvark
Vagrant Story would be sweet, but it'd rely on far too much dialogue. I'd love to see Callo, Samantha and Neesa in the flesh though... =D~~~
Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
Oh, and a movie of Vagrant Story would own.Vagrant Story would be great as a TV series, I think. 20 or so episodes would probably cover it pretty nicely. The censors might have a bit of trouble with the costumes, though - especially Hardin's pants. And Ashley's. In fact, virtually ALL of the male characters, who for once have skimpier outfits than the women.

Lord Xehanort
06-15-2003, 03:34 PM
KH!

Mr. Graves
06-15-2003, 07:34 PM
FF1 or FF7 would be great as a couple of amines. (Series, I mean.)

SpikingZero
06-15-2003, 08:17 PM
"For me, it would probably be...FF7..."

*cough* The Spirits Within *cough* It's...pretty much FFVII-ish. ^_^;

Liquid Glass
06-16-2003, 07:03 AM
BUT IT ISN'T FF7! That's the point. FF7 anime would be freaking awesome! OH no! *checks time* I gonna miss Kikraider!

Nemesis the Warlock
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
The Spirits Within is based on FFVII, obviously. It's not word for word the same story, because people at Square are smarter than that.

I'd love to see another FF film in the same style as TSW. It was a masterpiece. Unfortunately, this is the time of sequels, prequels and remakes. Most people don't want to try and understand an original story, they want the same story over and over again.

No FF story could be translated into a film. Even if you were willing to watch an 80-hour film, it would be crap. Imagine one of the actors shouting "Curaga", or a party of three on the back of one Chocobo.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Xenogears with out one single thing cut from it. Thats right, all 40 some hours of greatness crammed together.

zacks_clone
06-17-2003, 07:48 PM
i havent played final fantasy 1-6,or tactics,or the chrono games,or vargents story(spelling).I have looked for these games and can find them no where,but basied on final fantasy 7,8,9,10 and kingdom hearts,i have afew slight comments...

Finl Fantasy 7:Possobly my favorie game ever.Great story line,great characters,great plot...But as a movie...It was just be terrable.It wouldnt make a good story.Too confusing,alot of things would have to be dropped out,excetra.We did have a very large descusion on a Final Fantasy 7 movie in that foarm.Somone came up with a perfect list of characters...but the movie would suck...

Final Fantasy 8:A love story.That sums it up.I hate love storys.im not really into blood and gore either.There would be alot of special computer effects,and...blah.I would just hate it.It would make a better movie then final fantasy 7 would...but i would only watch it because it is of Final Fantasy 8.

Final Fantasy 9:This one im not too sure on either....I didnt really like this game much,i dont know why.This one would make an ok movie i guess...just be kinda dull at times.Im not sure about this one as a movie.

Final Fantasy 10:I havent gotten very far in this game,and already i kinda dislike it.It,so far,wouldnt do bad as a movie,but there would be abuncha stuff cut out too.

Kingdom hearts:...It would be a childrens movie.Highest rating:perhaps pg 13...This wouldnt make a bad movie...i dont think...but not really a good one either.

lilwil32
07-19-2003, 05:53 PM
mmmm. Chrono cross had some awsome graph movies but id have to say FF8 to beat all, starts with a PHAT mooviez and ends with one too. gota go- buffy's on.

only KIDDING!!!

:D

http://www.clubsquaresoft.com/graphics/logo/chrono-cross-pre.gif

Dignified Pauper
07-20-2003, 05:01 AM
Definalte FFIV And FFVI

Strife
07-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
The Spirits Within is based on FFVII, obviously. It's not word for word the same story, because people at Square are smarter than that.

TSW was based on FFVII?? I never knew that. I should watch the movie again.

I'll love to see movies of FFVII, FFT and FFX

Vermachtnis
07-22-2003, 10:49 PM
A FF IV movie would be great. I'd love to see Cecil in Mt. Ordeals or seeing Tellah cast Meteo. But, doing a Fanal Fantasy movie with real people is near impossible. I mean look at the final bosses. They are at least 10x bigger and really long *CoughcoughExDeathcoughcough* and there spells are would be really hard to copy *CoughcoughSuperNovacoughcough* and the actor/actresses would really have to be really good with weapons. Espicially doing Braver or Omnislash with a 50lb sword.

Dignified Pauper
07-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Henceforth, the movies should be made like "spirits within" On a computer!

stuffing
07-24-2003, 04:18 PM
there never going to make a movie again after that disaster Final fantasy movie