PDA

View Full Version : how to encounter warmech(?)

twobitmage
05-24-2003, 05:49 AM
ive been having trouble finding warmech for the 100% completion in origins...its been a real pain

I figured there isnt any in game tricks to get it to work so im wondering if any of you know of any weird voodoo tricks to get him to come, such as sacrafising a goat or tapping the machine excactly 3 times then twirling around till your dizzy

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by twobitmage
I figured there isnt any in game tricks to get it to work so im wondering if any of you know of any weird voodoo tricks to get him to come, such as sacrafising a goat or tapping the machine excactly 3 times then twirling around till your dizzy

"You are an Idiot... I think i'll kill you" " Wait, I am your Father" "So" " Look...Squall card I have a Squall card" "ok I won't kill you" "who's a good boy " "No wait, I changed my mind" *Slach*

NO you just have to be lucky.

Book
05-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Sita classic :)

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Book
Sita classic :)

Listen's to it every day.

"Hey everyone how you doing" "booyooka!"
"We have to go to space" "Space, I Always wanted to go in space" "Huh" "I mean Zzz."

Like I said, it's all luck

Dr Unne
05-25-2003, 12:55 AM
In the NES version it isn't luck, since the encounter table is laid out in a specific order; if you fight enough battles in a row without resetting the game, you have a 100% chance of finding every monster in a given area. When you start up the game you start in a certain place in the random encounter table, and then it progresses through the table in a linear manner. I don't know if the PSX random encounter tables are changed to be truly random or if they operate in the same way as the NES version. If they're random it really is "luck", even though statistically things should even out if you fight enough battles. If the tables aren't random and are like the NES ones, fight enough battles in a row without resetting the game / turning off the power and you'll have a 100% chance of getting Warmech eventually.

zelda78
05-26-2003, 11:51 PM
go to the right of tiamat's throne room and say a prayer

DJZen
05-27-2003, 08:19 AM
the RIGHT of his throne room?

actually there's one thing you can do to make finding him easier... Play normal difficulty, he's MUCH rarer in easy difficulty.

I'm going to again reccomend being at a HIGH level for this fight. Not only does he have more HP, he regenerates every round. I'd say level 34 all around MINIMUM.

twobitmage
05-27-2003, 09:20 AM
I beat him quite a while ago with a lvl 30 party. Im proud to say I whooped him pretty heartily (of course I had masamune on my ninja and excalibur on my knight..) When he popped up I sure was surprised though

Im on easy mode now with my clear save (100%!) and im going for an all black belt party...

Legless Theif
05-28-2003, 05:31 PM
never played the PSX version..why? because im a cheap lazy bastard... i play the NES version and ive never not encountered the warmech two steps before tiamats room....

menotu3169@hotmail.c
07-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Try looking for warmech in the room in which you find Tiamat rather than on the Bridge. That's where i found it.

Black Mage FF1
07-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm going to again reccomend being at a HIGH level for this fight. Not only does he have more HP, he regenerates every round. I'd say level 34 all around MINIMUM.

Minimum? That is an extremely high lvl. WarMech is easily beaten on both versions at lvl 27 or less. Unless you are using a weak party, like 4 thieves or 4 White Mages.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2004, 12:32 AM
This is an old thread. You should not have posted in it.