PDA

View Full Version : rinoa and Sqaull (contains small spoilers) Thought of mine!

Rinny Heartilly
05-24-2003, 06:56 AM
Ok, this is a theory that i have.. Well it's not even a theory it's just a thought really. See... i have been pondering the possiblity that Squall and rinoa are half brother and sister!! Before you shakes your heads and say NO! NEVER! Let me please explain how i came about this idea.

Ok, first of all, Rinoa's parents are Julia Heartilly, and General Caraway. Squall's parents are Raine Leonhart, and Laguna Loire. Rinoa was born on the 3rd March, and Squall was born on 23rd August. That makes a 5 1/2 month gap between the 2 births.

Now... Laguna, before he went away to war, went to see Julia play in the Galbadia hotel. The boss guy there was jealous because Julia has an interest in Laguna, and he says he will send Laguna far away to keep him away from Julia, but anyway. When Julia is on a break, she asks Laguna to go up to her room so she can "Talk" To him. So when she has finished playing, Laguna goes up to her room and they.. well they talk lol. She says she has written a song for him. Well not in those such words, but that is what she means. They then proceed to spend the night together, and are interrupted by Kiros the next morning, who says they have been sentt on a mission.

Ok.. fast forward a couple of months, Laguna is now in Winhill, he is badly injured. Found by Raine, who is nursing him back to health. When he is on the road to recovery, he decides he would rather like a piece of Raine so they have sex... Raine becomes pregnant, so Laguna and Raine get married. Little does Laguna know that back in Galabadia, Julia is pregnant too, and giving up on the idea that Laguna will return she has married General Caraway, who believes the baby is his.

First, baby Rinoa is born.. She keeps her Mother's name.. Rinoa Heartilly.. Notice she isn't called Rinoa Caraway? In the meanwhile, before Squall is born, Ellone is taken by the people in Esthar, and So Laguna goes off to save her. Raine is left alone in Winhill, when she goes into labour, she is all alone. The baby, little Squall Leonhart, is born, and he is a lovely healthy little baby boy. But sadly Raine dies in childbirth. Squall is taken to Edea's orphanage on Centra, where he grows up until he goes to Balamb to join SeeD. Soon after he passes his SeeD exam, he meets rinoa.. and the rest you can say, is history.

BUT!! Are these two young people Children of destiny? together because their parents couldn't be? Or is it the fact that they are.. unknowingly, having an incestous relationship?

Well there ya have it!!

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Raine dies (I still havent completed the game)

Cyan_Lightning
05-24-2003, 12:54 PM
A very real possibility. Of course, like most theories, nothing can be confirmed for sure, but it certainly makes sense - there are a few fanfictions that have employed this device.

If this was the case, then they would most likely find out. Balamb Garden probably has some DNA, in one form or another, of every student in Garden. If Rinoa wished to stay in Garden, and furthermore become a SeeD or Instructor she would have to give these samples - that would be when the truth came out.

Laguna inadvertantly ruining Squall's first relationship - another reason why he would probably never forgive his father.

Shockwave Pulsar
05-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Rinny Heartilly
They then proceed to spend the night together, and are interrupted by Kiros the next morning, who says they have been sentt on a mission.

Are you sure they spend the whole night togheter? it seemed to me that kiros drag him out that same night, before they even had a chance.

Shlup
05-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Why do you guys have to go there? *cry*

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Shockwave Pulsar
Are you sure they spend the whole night togheter? it seemed to me that kiros drag him out that same night, before they even had a chance.

Well, Laguna never shuts up!:grr:

Garnet129
05-25-2003, 12:11 AM
...precisely why we need a sequel! Really, there was a second FF8 planned, but it got canned...if you search hard enough, you can probably find some shots (or a movie) or Seifer and his gang battling some Tonberries...darn it, we need Final Fantasy 8 Gaiden! :mad:

One thing that bugs me is what the heck Rinoa's necklace is about...why does she have it, where did it come from, from whom and how did she receive it, when did she get it...I think I covered every W. :D But really, I can't believe that necklace, a somewhat big part of Rinoa's story, is never explained... :rolleyes2

Big D
05-25-2003, 02:19 AM
...Nah. Laguna's encounter with Julia was long before he met Raine. It's doubtful even that he and Julia spent the night together.

Laguna and co then travelled all the way to Centra, to the excavation site. Quite a long journey. Laguna was injured, and eventually made it to Winhill. He spent six months recovering from his injuries. When he never returned, Julia was lonely and eventually married Caraway. If Julia was pregnant to Laguna, she'd have been more than half-way there by the time she even met Caraway. Very little possibility of mistake. Laguna was bed-ridden with terrible injuries for a long while; unless Raine raped him in his sleep, it's doubtful that Squall was conceived until quite a long time later - not long before Laguna left to find Ellone, I'd imagine.

I've heard this theory before, but the time and circumstance differences make it exceedingly unlikely, even impossible.

IamTidus
05-25-2003, 03:26 AM
Laguna was hurt for a year and when he got better there is no Squall and Squall was born when Laguna was away in Estar. Ya Know?

Spatvark
05-25-2003, 03:52 AM
I'll keep this simple:

1) Laguna and Julia did not have sex; he passed out from the wine and then chatted away the rest of the night. Kiros dragged him off on a mission before anything could happen.
2) That mission was the one that ended up with Laguna, Kiros and Ward at the Centra Excavation Site, throwing themselves off the cliff.
3) Laguna washes up near Winhill and is taken care of by Raine for a year.
4) During that year, Julia gives up on Laguna, and with her heart broken, she marries General Caraway instead. They raise Rinoa until Julia dies four years later.
5) After Laguna recovers, he and Raine get together and Squall is conceived. However, before he's born, Ellone is taken by Estharian soldiers, so Laguna and Kiros go after her, picking up Ward on the way.
6) It is during the time Laguna and co. were rescuing Ellone that Julia dies in childbirth, but Squall is delivered unharmed. Squall is sent to the orphanage with Raine's surname becuase the people of Winhill didn't like Laguna.
7) Rinoa runs away from home to form the Forest Owls with Watts and Zone, dropping the Caraway name becuase her father works for the very man she despises so much, instead taking her mother's maiden name.

That's how it goes methinks.

IamTidus
05-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Yeah what he said (I thought that Julia's last name was Heartilly) Oh well. Ya Know?

remi07
05-25-2003, 03:59 AM
No, no, no. Laguna and Julia didn't spend the night together. They were just talking for couple of hours and then Kiros came and got them. Well, this is how I think Square meant it to be anyways (that's the way I hope its suppose to be).

Big D
05-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Yeah, they seemed to only be talking for a while. Besides, neither Julia nor Laguna strike me as the 'one night stand' types. Laguna nearly died simply trying to wave at Julia, remember. They're both pretty sensitive and deep, I doubt they'd have casual unprotected sex in her hotel room on the very same night that they met.

remi07
05-25-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Yeah, they seemed to only be talking for a while. Besides, neither Julia nor Laguna strike me as the 'one night stand' types. Laguna nearly died simply trying to wave at Julia, remember. They're both pretty sensitive and deep, I doubt they'd have casual unprotected sex in her hotel room on the very same night that they met.

Exactly! That's what I wanted to say before, but I was to lazy, lol!

TogiB
06-15-2003, 10:13 PM
well, i was going to say something about this messed up theory, but it looks like Scatty-poo-poo has it in the bag. Now THERE is a fan of Final fantasy, i would have never peiced all of that together.
*toasts Scatty-poo-poo*:beer:

jonai
10-04-2003, 08:36 PM
very interesting but how do yoy even know that raine and laguna had squall no on e sais it but if he his i m gonna cry again i didnt know

Leeza
10-04-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm closing this because it is a very old thread. Please try not to revive old threads, instead you may just start a new one. Thank you. :)