PDA

View Full Version : embarassing ff4 sucky moments

Dark Knight2003
05-24-2003, 10:19 PM
anyone here suck at the game as bad as i do? I got killed quite frequiently in the FFC version anyway LOL. So anyone here get Knocked out much or run alot?

FuSoYa
05-25-2003, 01:47 AM
I actually haven't played this one since it was released as II on the SNES, although I do own the PSX version of it. I believe I read somewhere that the version that was released here in the US on the Super Nintendo was FF4 Easytype and that the Playstation version is the regular difficulty. I've heard a lot of people complain about how hard this Chronicles version of this game is. Is there any particular area that you're getting killed in, or do you just managed to get overwhelmed by random encounters every so often? Yeah, I run a lot, in most all of the FF games :blush:

Dark Knight2003
05-25-2003, 02:42 AM
omg yeah i get overwhlemed espically at the end cause in one place BOSSES appear as random ECOUNTERS GAH!!!!!!!!

Psychotic
05-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FuSoYa
I actually haven't played this one since it was released as II on the SNES, although I do own the PSX version of it. I believe I read somewhere that the version that was released here in the US on the Super Nintendo was FF4 Easytype and that the Playstation version is the regular difficulty.

I thought that there were two versions released on the SNES, easytype and normal, and we got extreme Difficulty on the PSX. I'm probably wrong though.

I couldn't beat quite a few bosses without problems. Zeromus especially.

Master.Pug
05-25-2003, 04:43 PM
FFIVC is easy, FFIVSNES is a joke(even a blind-one can beat this game!)

Zifnab
05-25-2003, 10:13 PM
On my first time through the FF4 I got killed by Mist Dragon. :cry:

Master.Pug
05-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
On my first time through the FF4 I got killed by Mist Dragon. :cry:

*starts laughing*
hehe, how can someone die in such an easy battle *lol*
...well, how can someone be beaten up by some Imps:whoa: :eep:

the most sucking thing is to beat the CPU in the Giant Of Babil:(
thats the battle I regularly die in kupo!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Theres a few bosses that KO'ed me a few times.

The first one being that purple snake armed guy near the beggining.

MIST DRAGON!!!! LOL!!!! I can't believe anyone could die there....

Evelia
05-27-2003, 04:05 AM
EvilWall absolutely slaughtered me. I had to level up quite a bit to be able to beat that thing. >\ He was mean.

DJZen
05-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Nah, I suck at a DIFFERENT FF.... *points to sig*

Here's how it went down. Square released FFIV for the Super Famicom in Japan. It was hard, but veeeeery popular. Square USA decided to release it in the US as FFII for the SNES. When they did this, they made it less hard for the stupid Americans, censored it to hell, and removed a ton of stuff such as items and abilities. Then Square Japan decided to release the US version since it was easier, but they took out even more stuff and made it even easier. It was called FFIV Easytype and was released for the Super Famicom. Later, Square Japan re-released the original FFIV on the PSX including nifty extras like CG movies. Square USA packaged it with Chrono Trigger in a PSX release called Final Fantasy Chronicles. After this, the original FFIV was given a graphical overhall and released for the WSC. The WSC version has not been released in the US and will probably not be. This game has gone through more incarnations than Street Fighter 2. So once again.....

FFIVj
FFIIus
FFIV Easytype
FFIV PSX
FFIV WSC

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I have beaten FFII US

But I got Stuck on Zeromos in FFIV PSX

Storm
05-28-2003, 06:25 AM
There are a bunch of tough bosses in Final Fantasy IV. Evil Wall is one that instantly comes to mind. A few bosses in the final dungeon are extremely difficult. If you didn't get killed by the Wyvern, I'm extremely impressed. Casting MegaFlare at the begining of the battle usually means instant death for your party.

Scottlee
05-28-2003, 05:30 PM
It is a hard game, mainly because it takes so bastard long to level up. I took on the final boss with all my characters at the level 60 mark and I got wasted. That was after about 33hrs of play. Ever since then I've leveling the characters up. Now about 45hrs of play, I still haven't managed to get any of the team up to level 80. I think Kain is my highest at 78.

Oh yeah, and Evil Wall, or Demon Wall, or whatever he's called, is an absolute beeatch

Master.Pug
05-29-2003, 04:13 PM
uh... I forgot Evil Wall...

well, ist the heaviest (boss)enemy in the game!!!:D

Strider
05-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Well, after turning Cecil into a Paladin at Mt. Ordeals, I got incredibly lost on the way back to Mysidia and nearly got my ass kicked. I burned nearly all of the Phoenix Downs I had to keep Palom and Porom alive. Stupid kids.

Master.Pug
05-30-2003, 09:40 AM
if you level them enough, they become very powerful!!!!!
I once tried to get all spells for them, so I leveled them to... lvl.65!

Palom was able to use Meteo while Tellah wasn't able because of his 80MP-Problem:D
that wuz funny

StormyV
08-17-2003, 08:20 AM
I think I may have been beaten by the Mist Dragon simply because I would repeatedly attack the mist form.

WHY would I do such a stupid thing you ask???

Well I had just played FF1 seeing as it was 1991 or so
therefore the idea of parrying (a strictly Dragon Warrior 2 thing) was awfully foriegn to me.

I learned not to attack the mist after a few harsh counters, but I was stuck using potions to use up my turns during the mist time.

Well anyways.... long story short.....I'm a dummy.

BUT a dummy who learned the true path yadda yadda

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Besideds the fact that you just revived a three month old thread to tell us you'r a dummy......

Yes you are a dummy.....

No doubting it now......

Rase
08-18-2003, 04:10 AM
I never died in either version of FF4 except in the Lunar Core and the Evil Wall. Actually, I found, unlike what appears to be everyone else in the world, the SNES version HARDER than the PSX version, which I breezed through. So maybe that is embarassing.

PaleDim
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
nobody knows the level trick with the CPU? if you stocked up on hi-potions and fenix-downs and ethers before you went into the "maze of death" you could sit there kill his minions over and over after CPU revives them, and then win the battle and gain over a million EXP for each character. give it a shot sometime you'll be pleasently surprised to see rydia go from knowing practically no spells to flare in one battle.

Sephex
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I am actually really good at this game. I never really have trouble with it. I can see how people have a tough time, but this is one of those games where if you find your own groove to how things should be done, you can kick its ass.