PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the next FFs? Part II

Enigma
05-24-2003, 11:41 PM
I made a thread like this before but it magically disappeared along with all the other threads last posted in before March.

Any way, what features, ideas, or stories would you like to see in another Final Fantasy? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Bahamut2000X
05-25-2003, 01:37 AM
I want them to make all the charcters equally important in a FF. It seems now a days all that really matter are the main charcter and the love interest.

Also more control over the course of the game, rather then going from point A to B, would be funner.

Also making magic much better, I don't seem to use it much besides boss battles or if I'm bored. Also more spells beyond the traditional ones. I wanna see more unigue ones.

More unigue classes and no more, everyone can use the same skills.

No more technology crap. I'm sorta getting sick of the whole future games cause that sorta takes away from the game I say, castles and knights make much better games then guns and tanks.

Umm that's all I can think of for now.

Mr. Graves
05-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Some real challenge would be nice.

Strider
05-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Some real challenge would be nice.Yeah, really. The only challenging part of FFVII has been breeding chocobos. *hates the breeding process*

I agree with Bahamut, too, that the series could stand for a return to its roots. Medieval stuff is pretty cool.

Pancaek
05-25-2003, 02:43 AM
I agree completely with Bahamut2000X. To add onto the comment about more control, they should make it so that your choices of what to do actually affect the storyline. For example, if some guy went and asked you "Will you save the princess?" and you said yes, she'd be saved and all would be well, but if you said no and went on your way she'd be killed and some other evil guy would take over the princess' kingdom, thereby creating different problems for you to solve.

Enigma
05-25-2003, 05:15 PM
I don't mind the setting of a FF, furturistic or medieval, I like both. But I think the battles should be more interactive, like I said in Part I of this thread. Players should be able to move the character behind a tree, building, or boulder to lessen the damage being done.

An option should appear in a split second and you should be able to push L1 or R1 to dodge or hide behind something to evade damage completely or take less damage.

Bahamut2000X
05-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I say for battles amke more options beyond just attack, defend, and such. Also more placement decisions. I would also like to see much more battle situations appear again, like pincer atatck (of both you or the enemy) and all that stuff that they had in previous games. Also many skills unigue to each charcter (sorta like IX or IV) and make each skill useful as opposed to only to be used if your bored skills.

Also having weather in battles. That way if it's say raining, then water attacks are powered up, fire is down and lightning get's a boost as well, and such. That way weather can effect your strategy for battles. And day and night systems could add to the game, such as you have to wait until night to infiltrate a enemy base. Or some events only happen at night time.

Pancaek
05-25-2003, 06:31 PM
For attacking, they should allow you different options of how you want to use your weapon. For example, with a sword you can either stab or slash, or all sorts of other things too. At the least, it'd be nice to have different strengths of hits like in Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

PhoenixAsh
05-25-2003, 10:57 PM
I could live with specific character skills, but ones that develope due to player choices and you create your own characters. An experienced player should be capable of creating a lethal party within a few hours, newbies should be able to just struggle through, but have to think to do it.

FFIX was just pointless battle wise.
"You have trained for hours and know the game very well, please wait while this small bird kicks your ass."
"You have simply followed the very linear paths available and have no knowledge of tactics, here's firaga."

Mini games should be fun again, as I've pointed out in other places, I believe X was actually an attempt by Square to run global experiments on humans.

muchacho
05-27-2003, 05:39 PM
dragoons must come back and must be cool. someone like kain would be cool. and a fun mini game(no more blitz ball!!!!!). and there should be a lot of character devlopment. i also agree with Mr. Graves and Bahamut2000X.