PDA

View Full Version : A little problem

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 03:01 AM
I'm planning on finally beating the weapons on my 5th time around in FF7 but I have one problem, Ribbons.

I forgot were you got them, and the only one left to get is in North crater, but you can't get out of North Crater once you enter it. I tried heading back into Gaea Cliffs but the guy wouldnt let me.:mad: Anybody know how I can get at least 1 ribbon? I would really like the help. Thanks:) :mad:

IamTidus
05-25-2003, 03:14 AM
You can get out you just climb out. Ya Know?

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 03:29 AM
How? I tired, but couldnt and reseted back to my last save, outside crater.

Big D
05-25-2003, 03:40 AM
Right back at the top of the first screen of the crater there's a cave mouth. Go in. You'll be taken to the screen where you slid down from the Highwind into the crater. There's a 'ladder' of rock you can climb up. It doesn't get highlighted if you press 'select', so look sharp.

You can get unlimited Ribbons in the crater, by morphing Tonberries. Not easy, but worth it.

Good luck!:)

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 03:44 AM
i beat both ruby and emerald without ribbons. for ruby i used the white cape (frog/small). i beat emerald first then ruby, the good thing about that was, you get master summon from emerald, then when you fight ruby put on master summon and your other kights of the round with mp absorb, w summon, and life two with final attack. now w summon hades and kotr hades freezes him for a while. just keep w summoning kotr and you get like 1000 mp back every time ^_^.
as for getting out of the crater, when you come out of the little cave thing a the top of the big hole that goes down into the crater, climb up the rocks to your immediate right.

Burtsplurt
05-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Make sure you use Yuffie to do the morphing, it's much easier that way.

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 05:25 PM
thanks for all the help, I have a ribbon now.

Big D you are right its not easy its scary. The first time I played this game and I came across a Tonberry I thought ' Oh this thing will be easy.' So as I tried to relentlessly beat it down, it got closer and closer to Cloud, then it used knife, insantly killing him, so from then on I have feared all tonberries. *shudder*

I also got Omnislash but I cant use it until Cloud gains one more limit. I want to try and beat Ruby first so I can get KOTR to beat Emerald. I can hold my own with Cloud with Ruby, but can't inflict any true damage.
I guess I have to break my own challenge, no summons.

Any other ways anyone has been able to beat ruby?

Sin Harvest
05-26-2003, 02:26 PM
id say youd have better luck doing emerald first without kotr. breed some chocbo's to get kotr whilst waiting to get clouds limit then beat emerald with it and kotr if you have a gold 'bo by then. physical attacks and magic dont really do shit all to ruby. cloud normally does 9999 even when on 1 hp for me. to ruby he did about 600 :cry:
i suppose you could put hades with mp absorb and keep freezing him and attack him whilst hes frozen. but that would take kinda a while. his hp is 1 million. how many 600's is that ?
you'll be needing kotr.
my suggestion is to use the oppertunity to level up mp absorb if it isnt master and get some solid chocobo breeding going.
then you can try my aforementioned strategy ^_^

Liquid Glass
05-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a idea, But for me to put it in motion I'm gonna need a chocobo breeding stragey.

Edit: I have Omnislash now. :D So I just messed around with Ruby and beat down it's tentelces, stuipd comet2 killed me though. :mad:

For some reason whenever I fight Emerald when it uses Emerald beam or whatever my characters dont attack. My Cloud has a ribbon so it couldnt be stop, Emerald just keeps attacking, until all my characters are dead.