PDA

View Full Version : who else?

Solution IX
05-25-2003, 04:17 AM
All right, if you could have had any supporting character switched in as a main character, who would it be and who would be switched out?

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 04:24 AM
beatrix in place of amarant

Spatvark
05-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Gotta go with what Sin Harvest said, but getting rid of Eiko for Sir Fratley would be nice as well. Apart from Amarant's Trance, I never liked him. Crap story and crap abilities really. Eiko just annoyed the hell out of me though at least she had a somewhat decent plot and at times was useful. Having said that, I never used her special summons either. Beatrix on the other hand kicks so much arse, it's amazing. But then, they a) don't want a chick who can outshine Garnet, b) don't want two relationships going on between the main characters, and c) don't want a Steiner clone. The same could probably go for sticking Sir Fratley in, though his and Freya's story could have been greatly improved by doing that.

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 05:52 AM
beatrix already does kinda outshine garnet, but even so, its her 'sworn duty' to serve the princess so it wouldent be that much of a problem i guess
b and c are two very good points though. especially c

Psychotic
05-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Well, Imo There's no need to have Garnet AND Eiko, Steiner AND Beatrix or Freya AND Sir Fratley as they all do the same jobs. Therefore, I'd keep the best ones of each class - Garnet, Beatrix and Sir Fratley, and stick Kuja in instead of Eiko.

Rude
05-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Well, Imo There's no need to have Garnet AND Eiko,

Yes there is. It gives you a choice of which kind of White Mage you want. One who has only above average White magic and a hell of a lot of summons, or one who has extremely good white magic with just above average summons. It gives you the ability to choose. And personally I used Eiko over Garnet :)

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 02:25 PM
i also tend to favour eiko over garnet
as for kuja, playing as him would absolutley own, but errrm, the whole storyline kinda goes down the shitter if he was a party member :tongue:

HOOTERS
05-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Swap Zidane with Hippo kid
Swap Garnet with Queen Brahne
Swap Amarant with Puck
Swap Vivi with Cid( frog version)
Swap Freya with Garland (Judy)
Swap Eiko with Ozma
Keep Quina and Steiner except swap outfits.

Game would be much more interesting.

musashiden
05-26-2003, 01:25 PM
i'd change quina for sir fratley

therealquigmaster
05-26-2003, 03:11 PM
I like the sound of Ozma.

It should be Ruby , Emeramld, Ozma, Cloud and sepioth

Sin Harvest
05-27-2003, 12:57 PM
or mabey just characters from ff9 ?

mind you that would be a respectable topic for the forum about all the ff's, the party whom you would choose out of everyone from all the games, but i'll bet its been done.

Christmas
05-16-2022, 10:43 AM
Swap Zidane with Hippo kid
Swap Garnet with Queen Brahne
Swap Amarant with Puck
Swap Vivi with Cid( frog version)
Swap Freya with Garland (Judy)
Swap Eiko with Ozma
Keep Quina and Steiner except swap outfits.

Game would be much more interesting.

Wow, exactly what I was thinking! Hooters is just ao cool! No wonder he won 7 Ciddies in one single Ciddies Event back in those days! :bigsmile: