PDA

View Full Version : Basic ability?

Ferril Shadow
05-25-2003, 08:19 AM
How do you use monster skill any one know?

Night_Sword
05-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Monster skill, gives any monster within one square its 'secret' ability. Look here http://www.eyesonff.com/fft/monsterabilities.shtml
(Written by me, so you *know* it has to be good :D)

Ferril Shadow
05-26-2003, 08:30 AM
so your saying the monster get the new ablility or you can learn it?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-26-2003, 05:32 PM
The monster temperarily gains a new ability While it is in Range of the Person with The Monster Skill ability.

It is most useful with Friendly Chocobos, Those Pig things, and of Course all 3 types of Hydras.

robfinalfantasy
07-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I think it is rather useless as your character must stay next to the monsters at all times for it to have the extra ability. You end up having to inert characters. Now that doesn't sound good, does it?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-30-2003, 03:34 AM
I have found it incredible useful.....

If I have a weaker character....Like a Dancer or Somthing....

I use a Timat as a Body Gaurd Somtimes.....

So if the Dancer Has Monster Skill .....My Timat is Powered Up......

P.S. ~~ The Timat Gains a really Kick ASS Ability from the Monster Skill thing.....

ALSO Somtimes I will Split my group of 5 Characters into 2 or 3 Groups......

So If one Group has A Timat and Someone With The Monster Skill ability....They are Usually very Close to Each Other.......

Also the Range isn't that Limited....I think it goes by your Movment Area.....

Destruction666
07-31-2003, 10:30 AM
Plus If you have a Mindflair it gives it an ability called
Level Blast witch lowers the level of a single target
by 1. If you use it on one of your own dudes their level goes down but their stats don't. So your dudes can reach literal levels of infinate preportions. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. So if your bumed out that your Ramza cant level up anymore because he's at Lv. 99,
Bring him down to Lv.1. He he he I'm so smart. You will
all soon Kneel before my intalect. (everyone) :rolleyes:
oh and hi again Nakor How's Canada treating you
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I believe your stats do Drop With your Level......

I have no Idea who you are or How you Know I am in Canada

Naos
08-01-2003, 08:12 PM
No they do not....you can do the same thing with degenerator's...and it is a bit easier...Step on it, then off, and repeat, you loose 1 level each time. For Fighter classes, leveling with monks is best and i am pretty sure forCaster classes the best is either BM or summoner, not sure though.

Destruction666
08-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Another cool thing is Dark whisper with Taimats. Nakor,
really, you don't remember :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I used to be T.G. Cid before I forgot my aol password.
I was and I quote "the first person to realize that Canada was not just Icy tundra.

Mwork
08-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Naos
No they do not....you can do the same thing with degenerator's...and it is a bit easier...Step on it, then off, and repeat, you loose 1 level each time. For Fighter classes, leveling with monks is best and i am pretty sure forCaster classes the best is either BM or summoner, not sure though.

Yes, they do. If you refuse to believe me, take whatever unit you want, level him/her down, then up a few times, without switching Jobs. You'll eventually notice your stats dropping. You lose more through levelling down than you gain from levelling up.

What makes the trick work is changing Jobs. You level down as a Job that loses a small amount stats, then you level up as a Job that gains a lot of stats.

The Amazing Spiderman
08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Naos

Wizard gains more MP and MA. I think summoner gains the same MP thought.