PDA

View Full Version : Theories on Clones...(big spoilers!)

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 07:13 PM
What's your giant theory on the Sephiroth clone project?
Or on Sephiroth's past for that matter? I have conclued most of this on my 3rd game of FF7

I have recently thought of this, In North Crater, Hojo should have known if Cloud would have a number if he was a failure. So I have come to this short conclusion.

The sick guy in the pipe in Sector 6 with the #1 tatto is the failed clone of Sephiroth, Sephiroth was calling Jenova just as She was calling him. They controlled each other. Jenova has the ablitity to control anyone with Jenova cells, but since Sephiroth had such a large amount he had gains small controlling ablities. Therefore, your are chasing partly Sephiroth and Jenova throught the game.

Thats what I have so far. What are your ideas?

Maxico
05-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok

i think that none of the experiments were clones. they were just peolple exposed to an extremly high concentration of jenova cells. these experiments were held in the shinra mansion (because the vats were zack and cloud were held are there and all the people in cloaks are in nibleheim).

Flash back about 25 years ago is were they excavated a "corpse" in bone town that seems to have extremly high regeneration as it comes to life almost as soon as taken out of its tomb. shinra (hojo) thinks that they can use this heigh regeneration and strenght to make a super soldier and so sephiroth is born and is a great success but shinra dont know that jenova is waiting untill sephiroth is powerful enough to free her to finish her mission that she failed to complete 2000 years ago. to feed on the essence of the planet.

unfortunatly sephiroth was thrown into the lifestream before the plan could be put into action.

now this is the dodgy part: one of my theorys is that she created another sephiroth to lead all the people with jenova cells to the northern creater so she could finish her job. the person who fits this bill is #1 who mysteriously dissapears after the all the stuff happens at the shinra HQ.

zack and cloud are also experiments but only cloud tested positive so zack wasn't affected but somehow cloud pulled through with slight amnesia.

i think that jenova is in control of sephiroth and everybody with jenova cells but only stick around with sephiroth because he is the strongest and has been exposed to the most amount of jenova cells

oh and after you kill 1 winged angel jenova dies. i say this because the in next battle sephiroth has no tenticles or stange transformations is very weak because he no longer has the power of jenova behind him.

whew :sweatdrop

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Jenova made another Sephiroth? Thats pretty good if you ask me, I hate thinking you arent even after awesome Sephiroth throughout the game. I always thought that he had mutated his jenova cells after black materia and the lifestream stuff. Then when you last fought him he was in spirt.

zacks_clone
05-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Clones eh?...:: takes deep breath :: here we go

Clones clones clones.where to start.

Alright.Hopfully we all know Lucretia and Hojo are sephiroths parents,not Jenova.When Sephiroth was young he was taken from his mother and injected with Jenova cells by Hojo(evil twisted father if you ask me).He would grow up not knowing his parents,his mother dissipears,and Hojo basicly neglected the child.

Sephiroth then grows up to become the top member of SOLDIER correct?He goes to Nibelhm(spelling mistake,Tifa and Cloud home town),where he goes crazy and burns down the town.He then goes to the reactor,enters jenovas chamber and cuts off her head.Cloud kills him.

Hojo probly kept jenova cells in the lab,and perhaps dna or blood from his son.I feel all the black cloaked guys were clones that were not exactly failures,but too hidious and revolting to be seen and had a limited life span.This would explain the reson why they were in black cloaks and dissapeared on occasions.

Zack and Cloud may also have been clones,but not the same type.Perhaps when they were injected with mako and jenova cells,they also were injected with sephiroth dna or somthing,in an attempt to make a clone.I dunno.

Next is the two sephiroths.The one in the crystilized mako or lifestream thing is the one and only sephiroth.Dead im assuming.The one whom you meet on random occasions(on the ship,in the Temple of the Ancients) is the clone.Perhaps the one and ONLY perfect clone that could forfill jenovas plans,and hojos aswell,for we all beleved it was Sephiroth,and it sure seemed it.

there ya go

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 11:20 PM
If the second Sephiroth is a clone then what about the Jenova fights?

PhoenixAsh
05-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Hehe I've missed decent debate in here since the last one of these. Okay I'll give my idea for the timeline, most of it has evidence that would be too long and complicated to put in one post so if you wanna argue feel free.

Two thousand years before the game Jenova arrives on the planet, she manipulates and kills Cetra until finally an army confines her. She is trapped, with no way to escape.
Sephiroth is born and is given huge amounts of Jenova. Jenova posseses the ability to control her cells remotely, and this is her best chance. By the time any chance arises Sephiroth is too strong minded to be controlled, so Jenova waits.
Five years before the game, Sephiroth discovers his history and is driven insane. Finally his mind is weak enough for Jenova to take direct control. She makes an attempt to free herself, but Cloud stops her and she and her best chance at escape are once again inprisoned in some form.
By the time the game starts her body is spread over the world in various 'clones' (not a very accurate term IMO). She does however get another chance at freedom, Cloud. He is another with person with high Jenova levels and a very weak mind. Through chance, or possibly slight manipulation, Cloud winds up asleep in the same building as Jenova, she makes him free her.
Jenova still needs Cloud, for this reason and possibly others she takes on Sephiroth's image. She needs the rest of her body together to return to full strength however, and so the reunion begins. Sephiroth is the largest store of her missing body, and is trapped in the North, so she goes there.
The game progresses as is seen with Jenova dropping pieces of herself to slow, but not kill Cloud. These pieces then head north later.
Cloud breaks free of control in Mideel, Jenova loses all her power over him. He is the last remaining piece of Jenova, her strength is great enough anyway.
Jenova's pieces SYNTHESISe, after being defeated, she joins with her largest outside source, to become Bizarro, and then Safer.
Sephiroth is finally freed from Jenova but his mind is destroyed, he has nothing to do but fight.
I don't believe Jenova died after the Safer battle, if she dies, Holy kills her.

Maxico
05-26-2003, 10:32 AM
The reason is said jenova dies in the safer battle is that

1. all of the battles against sephiroth before that were strange mutations with tenticals or wings ect.. while in the battle after that he is on his own, there is no presence of jenova with him but he is still determined to persue the twisted dream given to him by jenova

2. he is extreamly weak. you cannot lose even if you wait for him to attack you just counter attack and kill him instantly

eh i forgot about the false sephiroth actualy being jenova (but i did know, honest) but it does seem convenient that as soon as the other sephiroth appears he vanishes. but that could be because by the time you get back there he went to the reunion at the nothern crater.

but i dont think that the other "clones" are parts of jenova for the simple fact that they have tattos with numbers on them. more likly that they are experiment by hojo (like cloud and zack) on how older subjects react under exposure to jenova cells.

Zenshen
05-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Here's a couple of things that I thought to be otherwise:

1. The LAST fight with Sephiroth, the one where you can't die. Sephiroth here is not under any mutation of any sort, but I never believed it to be the original Sephiroth. I always considered it to be Cloud fighting with his subconsciousness. After all, before the fight begins, Cloud is holding his head in agony, saying, "He's....still here...he's laughing....". To me, the last fight is Cloud shedding any remaining influence of Sephiroth from his mind, thus Sephiroth no longer exists in physical form, nor in any mental manifestation.

2. These Sephiroth 'clones' around the world, I never considered them to be actual physical clones. Because he could fly, emerge from the ground, disappear and stuff, I always thought that these were mental projections created from Sephiroth at the North Crater (the real Sephiroth, the one that was ditched by Cloud into the lifestream). It would seem to me, that Sephiroth all the way along was projecting images of himself to 'summon' Cloud to the Northern Crater, since Cloud is the only one with enough Jenova Cells in his body, and a weak enough mind, to be adequately controlled by Sephiroth to gain the Black Materia.

Phew! I think that's what I meant. :D

PhoenixAsh
05-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Maxi333 I wasn't trying to argue with you about Jenova dieing, I follow the same logic in my version. The reason I don't think Jenova dies after the Safer battle is that I don't believe can actually be killed by physical force.

The clones around the world aren't clones, I've heard very few people claim they are. A clone in FFVII is someone who has been given Jenova cells.

playaGAW
05-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Thought provoking.