PDA

View Full Version : Ivrine's basket ball shoot at Trabia Garden

TheLadySummoner_Yuna
05-25-2003, 08:05 PM
I played FF8, about three times now..
do you guys remember when Irvine took the basketball and shooted it in the court..?
Well, my first game he missed, and my second and third game he didn't.. Have this ever happen to you and if it did.. do you guys know why...?

Faris_the_guy
05-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Really,mine always gets it in:)

Garnet129
05-25-2003, 10:01 PM
I really don't know, I haven't noticed...maybe it has to do with your level? (the higher, the more accurate?) Or maybe just certain dialogue choices, or how well you did a certain thing (missile mission perhaps?).

But really, I have no clue. It might just be random.

remi07
05-25-2003, 11:32 PM
That's pretty cool...I never relized it before.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-26-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that scene is one of those built-into-the-game scenes, meaning it plays randomly no matter what you have or have not done. I've watched that scene many times from the same game save (so nothing that happened earlier than this scene is different), and sometimes Irvine misses and most of the time he gets it in. It's probably just programed so that the game seems more lifelike in that the exact same sequence of events doesn't always occur. But interestign idea, nonetheless. I hadn't really thought about it before.

Night Angel
05-26-2003, 04:42 PM
I believe that the first time I played through he missed, but the second time he scored. Hadn't really thought about it before.

SirenGriever
05-27-2003, 12:08 AM
I never really paid attention to that scene after a while, cause i've seen it so many times...:o :eep: OH WELL!!! I watch for it next time;)

:D "Squirrels Don't Cry!":D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

Faris_the_guy
05-28-2003, 12:51 AM
On one game, Laguna's army number was 08 and on the other, it was 02.

SirenGriever
05-28-2003, 01:18 AM
And yet another thing I didn't pay attention to. . .

:D "Squirrels Don't Cry!":D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

FFboy4ever
05-30-2003, 01:53 AM
I think it's all the way you treat him. if you talk to him and use him he'll make the basket, but if you don't he'll miss!!

think about this.....?pi=pie?:D

SirenGriever
05-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Hmmm....that sounds like it could work. It's kinda like how you treat Lulu in FFX, like if you use her in battle and heal her often then you'll be on her good side. Good theory--Sega

:D "Squirrel's Don't Cry!":D

Moonie Rinoa
05-31-2003, 08:49 PM
Hmmm, I've just played one time (I lost my 4th cd) and on mine..the ball gets in..It's random ^-^