PDA

View Full Version : Tidus' Voice...

Jayvic
05-26-2003, 04:49 PM
In the American version I particularly didn't like his voice. Your opinions? It was too steriotypical American surfer like to me..

Psychotic
05-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Somebody on here once said that it sounded like Fry from Futurama. I agree, only it's sort of got a more whiny tone. They really should not have added voices - or at least if they couldn't find any decent voice actors.

PhoenixAsh
05-26-2003, 06:39 PM
His voice didn't annoy me much. The fact that he uses a different voice while in Zanarkand to the voice he uses in all other places is one of the stupidest pieces of video game history ever.
Along with this, the mini-games and Yuna's existence as a main character, I am becoming more and more convinced that FFX was actual some kind of evil experiment.

crono_logical
05-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Surprisingly, he was voiced by the same person as Fry, which might explain why they sound the same :p

The One Winged Angel
05-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Surprisingly, he was voiced by the same person as Fry, which might explain why they sound the same :p

Lol, i was about to say that!

Rye
05-27-2003, 12:18 AM
His voice bugged me a few times, but overall I'm ok with it. I likes his voice when he talks about his story. It's different as Phoenix 17 said. ^.^

IamTidus
05-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Um... I like his voice it really fit his personallity the surfer voice was the right chioce cause he was a blitz super star studand he was aways around water so it fits I think. Ya Know?

Seifer
05-27-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by crono_logical

Strange thing is, I've never seen his name in the credits of Futurama as Fry, unless he goes by two different names like some voice actors do. John DiMaggio's(Wakka) name, yes, I've seen his in the credits as the voice of Bender, but James Arnold Taylor, as the voice of Fry, no. He did however, do a voice in Futurama, Walla.

All in all, I liked his voice just fine. Call me weird. I do not prefer original Japanese audio over English dubs, ever.

razor248725
05-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Psychotic i agree with you 100%!!!!!

but imagine if they really got the voice actor of fry to play as tidus...it would have been quite interesting, but fry's voice is a little too sarcastic sometimes

razor248725
05-27-2003, 12:30 PM

omg really?!?!? i don't believe that fully for some reason because tidus' voice acting lacked skill like emotion, and fry's from Futurama, sounds more professional so yeah.
but i'll look into this...

Spira's Cutie
05-27-2003, 12:43 PM
His voice didn't bug me. Only the parts where he is yelling at his dad or Auron .. or whoever, that's when his voice got annoying. But I liked it when just talked, It's cute! =^.^=

Scandalous
05-27-2003, 05:51 PM
I love his voice. =D The only Japanese voice I liked was Yuna's, and hey, I've grown to like her English voice too. If you don't like his voice, it isn't hard to reach for the TV screen or remote and press mute.

Strangely, hardly anything bugs me. o_o The only thing in the world that annoys me alot is the nagging and bitching of my parents, but it's hard not to get angry and irritated and them, so.

In short: Tidus' ENGLISH voice foreva, babay. xD

Psychotic
05-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Seifer
John DiMaggio's(Wakka)

He also did Kimahri... didn't he?

IamTidus
05-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Yes he did. He's talented.

Russie_2003
05-31-2003, 10:02 PM
The person that does Fry's voice in futurama, does infact do Tidus's voice and it is a fact that the person that does bender's voice does Wakka but with an accent added, if u really listen to his voice, u can really c it's bender

m4tt
05-31-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by IamTidus
Yes he did. He's talented.

Yes, it takes a lot of skill to say "Yuna.. gone" :P

crono_logical
06-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Sorry, but Yuna's voice sucked the most out of them all. Well, maybe not the voice, but the voice acting behind it - she sounded bored and emotionless a lot of the time. The others were generally acceptable though. I still think they should have released a dual-language version where you can mix and match voices and subs to your liking - it's on DVD after all, surely there's space for that :p

IamTidus
06-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I liked Yuna's voice a lot it was petty. Ya Know?

ChibiInuYasha
06-01-2003, 05:12 AM
I liked all the voices exept for Tidus and Yuna. Yuna was just way too soft and quiet. The only time I think her voice fit was the ending. It was like she was holding back till then. Tidus just sounded like he was just hitting puberty. :mad:

Shuin
06-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Mmm....I found Tidus' voice sound like someone inside Atlantis (Animation). I forget his name. I'm sure for it.

Shlup
06-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Several Futurama actors did voices for FFX. I don't remember who Bender's voice was, but I think it was Kimarhi.

Tidus' voice was also Jonny Quest from the 1990's series, which is probably the only reason why I liked it.

Russie_2003
06-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Ive already said once, cant u ppl scroll up 2 look, fry from futurama is tidus and bender does wakka's voice, and i know that 4 a fact, Just look at the credits on futurama, i know it doesnt say who speaks as who but then if u look at the end credits on ffx and it does tell u who speaks as who and u just match the names up from both. It's not hard to do.

besaid_auroch
06-13-2003, 12:50 PM
ok,well this is my first post,so "HELLO EVERYONE!" i thought i'd sort all this stuff about futurama out for you all...ok,here goes:

john diMaggio voice work -

Ali Bubble in Fungus Among Us (World Premiere Toon)
Alien Guard in Samurai Jack
Antipater in Reign: The Conqueror
Bender in Futurama
Bender Bending Rodriguez in Futurama
Bird Man in Kim Possible (Disney)
Clansman 3 in Samurai Jack
Docter Drakken in Kim Possible (Disney)
Dr. Drakken in Mickey's House of Villains
Duke Togo in Golgo13: Queen Bee
Ezekial Clench in Samurai Jack
GI Jeremy in Johnny Bravo
Gonza in Princess Mononoke
Hak Foo in Jackie Chan Adventures
John Elbourne in Vampire Hunter D- Bloodlust
Kimahari in Final Fantasy X (Video Game)
Mongo in Rocket Power
Mr Parker in Kim Possible (Disney)
Mr. Post/Dr. Drakken in The Cadillac Agents
Mush Rotten in Fungus Among Us (World Premiere Toon)
Nolt in Vampire Hunter D- Bloodlust
Odie in Garfield
Phillip II in Reign: The Conqueror
Pig Man in Kim Possible (Disney)
Policeman in What's New Scooby Doo?
Prof. Farnsworth in Futurama (I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!!)
Santa-Bot in Futurama
Scotsman in Samurai Jack
Shine Guard in Fungus Among Us (World Premiere Toon)
Snow Beast in Kim Possible (Disney)
Taylor Leland in What's New Scooby Doo?
Wakka in Final Fantasy X (Video Game)
Zeke in Icebox.com - Zombie College
:eek:now im thinking thats pretty impressive!

now for james taylor arnold-

AniMatrix - Raul
Aero Troopers - Joshua
Crash Nebula - Crash/Sprig
What If? - Scorsese/Travolta
Tuck & Roll's Drive 'em Buggies - P.T. Flea
Monster Island - Mickey
Xiaolin Showdown - Raimundo
Final Fantasy X - PS2 - Tidus
Lord of the Rings - X-Box - Pippin/Hobbits
Team Atlantis - Milo Thatch
Atlantis: The Lost Empire - PS - Milo Thatch
Lilo & Stitch - PS2 - Dr. Habitrail/Utility
Monsters, Inc. - Monsters 2 & 9
Buzz Space Ranger - PS2 - 10 Voices
Michael J. Fox Voice Double - Milo (Atlantis)
Michael J. Fox Voice Double - Stuart Little
Futurama - Walla
Dinozaurs - Kenty/Leon
Da Mob - Ernie Jr./Utility
United Way Campaign Film - Bird
Destrega - PS - Tieme/Soliders
Batman & Robin - Alfred

well thats all i could find!!!hope that helps!no fry to be seen,however!how strange

x x x

§håd0w
07-01-2003, 10:21 PM
very annoying. and not once does anyone say his name, except for a guado in guadosalam (only if you win the tournament, and its only in text... not spoken). his voice and yuna's voice are by far the most annoying voices in any video game.

Yunaknight
07-29-2003, 03:57 AM
irritating and high

Zild
07-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Bender (And Farnsworth) as Wakka?! Wow... I can actually see Fry being Tidus, now you mention it, but Bender?! Even better than that, Odie!

Personally, I liked Tidus voice - I think his character was supposed to be whiney (has been since a kid), so that can't be blamed on the voice actor. TBH, I generally like Tidus anyway - he has flaws, but that just makes him all the more believable.

As for Yuna, her voice did seem to grate a little - it sounded strained. But then, thinking about it, perhaps that's because she's tired? Every day she walks miles, fights along the way, not to mention a few sendings here and there. And when the others just stand around in the Temples, she has to pray to the Fayth, which seems a very ardous task...

Add to that having to always appear vibrant, even when there are just her guardians there... that has to take it's toll...

Besides, could you imagine if she did get all excited? The pitch of her voice would deafen me, I'm sure!

My flatmate's got a thing against Wakka's voice, but I always found that to be a damn good impression of somebody from a very tropical cimate...

lemonation
07-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Tidus I liked. Good voice and well acted. It fit together. I'm weirded out by his narration voice though. It was still good, but I still can't hear a connection between talking and thinking Tidus. As for Yuna, good voice, poor acting. Too many pauses and all of the short lines were rushed souning. As for Wakka being played by Bender, :whoa: . Never would've guessed, but I'll listen closely next time I play. And to Tidus to, though I can kinda hear a connection.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2003, 09:20 AM
With all these Futurama/FFX parallels, how long until we start seeing Fry and Bender in the places of Tidus and Wakka?

Actually, I didn't mind any of the voices. I liked Lulu's in particular, I thought she did a good job at portraying her character.

Zild
08-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I haven't completed it yet, so I don't know for sure... does the naration (at the start of the game) actually happen in the middle of the game, or after the end? If it's after the end of the game, perhaps Tidus has grown up a lot more?

Otherwise, hmm... harder to explain...

Perhaps... perhaps he's less happy when thinking to himself? Perhaps he doesn't need to be so excited?

Perhaps he has had more time to consider things, so he can talk of them more evenly, and more fairly...

I'm kind've fed up with the "Tidus is a b****" threads... When you compare it to the actions of some earlier characters (for example Zell, my Avatar) is it really so bad?

Again, I think that Tidus was portrayed very well by his voice-actor. They all were. (Except maybe Auron... can anybody ever sound that cool?!)

Zild

§håd0w
08-08-2003, 09:25 PM
I liked Zell. He was probably one of my favorites 'heros' out of all the FF games. Seifer has the nerve to call him chicken wuss when he was the one who got his ass kicked and didn't make SeeD.

Zild
08-09-2003, 05:25 AM
Obviously I liked Zell too... why else would he be my avatar? (Okay, I would rather have Vivi - HE'S SO CUTE! - but I can't find a nice picture of him... isn't there one near the beginning of 9 where he looks up at the ship or something? That mght be a good one if I could find it...)

My only problem with Zell is his reaction to the Seifer - he tends to get all whiney... The reason I picked on him is because everybody complains about Tidus whining, but I don't think that's very fair... (especially given his sudden change in situation...)

So, no effence all you other Zell fans :)

§håd0w
08-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Wait wait wait... Vivi is a boy? :p

Shayo
08-15-2003, 07:12 PM
i think the reason y tidus's narration voice sounded different was becuz at the beginning of the game he new nothing about everything and was young but as the game went on he grew up and lost his little kid voice and started acting older, and i think the same goes with yuna but i reliezed that his voice started changing after u meet Auron ( which would b after tidus found out who his dad was) and yuna's voice was stronger after the al bhed took her, thats just how i saw it. o and by the way i liked tidus's voice especially when he yelled at auron and sin

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 09:47 PM
yea, tidus just couldnt face the facts about his old man. same with steiner and brahne.