PDA

View Full Version : FF1 real names?

syun_ukiya
05-27-2003, 12:38 PM
Did Square released a set of default names for FF1 characters?

Zifnab
05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Nope, the closest thing to default names is AAAA.

Psychotic
05-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Wasn't one called Mrs. Pipkins? Or did I just make that up? No wait, he was called something else, and only answered to the name of Mrs. Pipkins. And was probably a fictional break-dancing detective who had his own TV Show in the 70's. Yeah, that was it!

Nah, they had no real names...

syun_ukiya
05-28-2003, 02:10 AM
That's the thing I don't like! I'm not good making up damn names!

Dr Unne
05-28-2003, 02:40 AM
Here are four good names to use.

I
DONT
BBS.

twobitmage
05-28-2003, 03:01 AM
I name my fi/t/wm/bm party

Lion,Edge,Yuna,Nuke respecively. If you cant think of your own names just steal a few from other final fantasies, or name them after ppl you know. I.e. the big dumb friend would be the fighter. the sneaky one would be the thief...I think you get the idea

Legless Theif
05-28-2003, 05:27 PM
in my current game, i just named them all after wrestlers in the Efed i participat in... then i take snapshots and add their quote where it would say terminated... they seem to enjoy it.

DJZen
05-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I like to name one of the characters Cid since there is no Cid in FF1, and Wm/Bm I always used to name Siro (Shiro doesn't fit in 4 spaces) and Kuro meaning white and black respectively. I wish there WERE official names though, it'd make writing fanfics easier.... The closest I've seen are the names used in the FFO website.... "Cecil/Locke/Rosa/Vivi"

Garland
05-29-2003, 03:17 AM
I always have a Biggs, Wedge and Cid in my party, because they were repeated names in later FF's that aren't in FF1. Like every other FF, I name the first character Matt, after myself.

MJN SEIFER
05-29-2003, 03:04 PM
No they don't have real (Or default) names because square was on it's last leg and was going to have Final Fantasy as it's FINAL game so they probably Decided to let the "Gamer" dcied on names rather than bothering with their own!

Maybe name them after you're self and 3 of you best mates! that's what I did (With ME and MY mates of cause)

Book
05-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I name them after me and all of my nick names ;) Guess I'm only thinking about myself :p

BobDarkavenger
05-30-2003, 12:09 AM
How do you fit Biggs and Wedge into the four letter limit?

Garland
05-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Bigg and Wedg for the original NES, though on Origins they fit entirely.

Mr. Graves
05-30-2003, 12:55 AM
I give them Japanese names. I love how you can have names with more than 4 letters.

Christmas
05-09-2022, 11:54 AM
I name all of my character FF1. I like to remind them how one dimensional they are and they are not worth a name. :bigsmile:

*Peter*
02-01-2023, 02:33 AM
I sometimes pick these names for Fighter, White Mage and Black Mage:

Fighter - Dan
White Mage - Elia
Black Mage - Owen

These names work pretty well to me;
for some reason they "sound" like their respective jobs, so I like them a lot.

theundeadhero
02-03-2023, 02:34 PM
I wonder if Dr Unne got over his baby hate.
Or discovered that black belts are amazing.

Wolf Kanno
02-03-2023, 11:13 PM
Yes and no.

There have been adaptions of the story where official names are given, but they are not considered canon. Hell, even going by mythology surrounding FFI in spin-offs or XIV, it's debatable if there were four Heroes of Light or simply just one.

In 1989, there was a manga adaption by Yuu Kaimeiji. It is radically different from the plot of the game and heroes are really just Puffy the Red Mage, Fritz the Black Belt, and DB-6 the robot that fell from the Sky Tower.

In 2012, as part of the 25th anniversary celebration, SE asked Takashi Umemura to write novelizations for the first three FF titles. FFII had named characters, FFIII uses the DS names, and FFI had Setro the Warrior, Zuaver the Thief, Flora the White Mage, and Teol the Black Mage as the Warriors of Light.

It would be interesting to ask Sakaguchi or Kenji Terada (scenario writer) what names they would have given to them.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-17-2023, 09:06 AM
All I know is naming the Warrior Cid should be canonical