PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to train.

Roz
05-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Where do you think is the best place to train. :cool:

Flying Mullet
05-27-2003, 04:32 PM
If you're reffering to the best place to gain sphere levels, it would be the omega ruins. The enemies give great AP, especially if you have a weapon with Double or Triple AP, and the enemies drop equipment that you can sell for a good chunk of change. Also, you can fight mimics which are good for 50,000 gil a pop, which is really good later when you have to bribe enemies for the rare goodies. Also, if you equip someone with Gillionaire, you'll get twice the gold, and then mimics are tastey treats.

Yrkoon
05-27-2003, 09:25 PM
if you have don tonberry unlocked in monster arena you can get about 50 sphere levels a fight.

refer to www.gamefaqs.com for more info :)

FinalLethal
05-28-2003, 10:20 AM
but don tonberry eventually gets close to you when he doesnt use karma anymore, he just stabs you? and you basically die everytime he does karma so quick hits arent effective? i usually only get about 7 spheres from don tonberry, what am i doing wrong?

neeber
05-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by neeber
Having Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP generates enormous amounts of AP.

Fight Don Tonberry with all chars equiped with a weapon with those skills.

Have one, and only one char attack the Don, and set his Overdrive Mode to Stoic.

Set the others Overdrive Modes to.... ally?, anyway, the one that fills be Overdrive bar when an ally gets hit.

Whn the attacking char hits the Don, he (the Don) will counterattack with Everyones Grudge, and there is a high probability that the attack will deal 99.999 points of damage.

Revive the downed char and repeat until the Don bites the dust and you will get 99 S.Grid Levels.

That should be Comrade for the chars that doesn't attack.

FinalLethal
05-29-2003, 08:24 AM
odin iv done all of that, i know exactly what to do, both characters on comrade who both have overdrive>ap or whatever and just defend and the other character on stoic that attacks, just don gets too close to you too soon unless you have already maxed agility which then u dont even really need to level up off him then.

Yrkoon
05-30-2003, 11:39 PM
i have 2 characters set on stoic and one on comrade works real sweet (54 sphere levels in the space of 6 minutes) :)

the more damage karma does the better ap ya get
karma does more damage to guys who have killed a load of monsters (usually highest tuned guys ya have before tuning up with ap trick)

when don tonberry gets in stabbing distance you can either laugh at him for his 9999 stabbings or run away and you will still receive the ap :)

Skogs
05-31-2003, 12:52 PM
I've used this trick to get 80-99 S.levels. Just make sure that the character that is set to stoic has enough kills to ensure that the Don does 99,999 damage. If you use booster X, you'll be able to get in more hits, and therefore get more AP.

therealquigmaster
06-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Having Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP generates enormous amounts of AP. hey how do i get those?

King Michael
06-04-2003, 05:23 PM
This i what i did to get Tidus throught 3 Sphere sections:
1. Get the Ascalon
2. Train in Mt. Gagazet until the AP is worthless
3.Unlock the Caladbolg
4. Train in Omega Ruins
(I did this right after i got the Airship and i wasn't very strong)
It is also good to use a Return Sphere and go to the Spere Node right before Auron enters Tidus' section. That way, you can go backwords through Auron's section and become really strong, then continue through Wakka's section and become stronger. Hope this helped

Rye
06-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Always train in Omega Ruins ^.^ There and Inside Sin. They're the top places to train.

muchacho
06-05-2003, 08:09 PM
if you have a crap load of money then train at the monster arena. or you can train inside sin or the omega ruins..... or the mihen high roads :grumble:

Saber1
06-07-2003, 11:50 AM
The Omega Ruins are my spot, I got there and stay near the save point so after every battle I save (cause in the omega ruins everything can go wrong in a second and its good you know you saved right before it) I work up on ap, gil, aeon upgrades, then when I'm out of spheres I go to the thunder plains and steal from the enemies and I get alot of spheres from them once you kill them.

Hope this helps,
Saber1

Faris_the_guy
06-07-2003, 02:21 PM
The place before the dome...it easyer than Omega Ruins and almost gives the same amount of AP...

Saber1
06-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Well if you save after every battle at the omega ruins you know you have your back covered. The omega ruins has the best and meanest fiends there and if you train and work your ppl up there then Ject or whatever his name is, he will be a piece of cake.