PDA

View Full Version : Best & worst mini-games

Rinna Lee
05-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Any best & worst mini-games in a FF series? The worst for me has gotta be the Thunder Plains...I still can't get that stupid Venus thingy. :mad2:

IamTidus
05-28-2003, 06:49 AM
Chocobo Hot and cold from 9 I hate it.

HOOTERS
05-28-2003, 04:07 PM
FFVII's snowboarding is definately the best. Not to mention all the other great mini games in FFVII.

FFX had the worst mini games. They were mostly annoying and I only did them for the sake of doing them, not for actual enjoyment.

Quina's frog catching was also good, mainly because it featured Quina and you could control him.

Psychotic
05-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Blitzball is suck.

PhoenixAsh
05-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Quote by me:

Many things annoyed me about X. Yuna being a very large part of this, and amazingly it wasn't her voice that bothered me! Seymour of course was another annoying thing. Then there's the layout of the game, the lack of a world map, the overly llong unskippable cut scenes...

But none of this compares to the true evil of FFX. A thing so truly awful that I think it's possible it was designed as some hideous social experiment. That thing... is the mini games.

Let's look at the evidence, were they really intended to be fun?

Blitzball, argueably the most fun of the bunch, however was this fluke? It was set underwater intentionally, but for some reason it was 2D. You could recruit new players, but due to the setup it was near impossible to improve them because their levels were too low to Techcopy. The games last well over ten minutes, yet you need to complete around fifty to get any decent rewards.

Undecided, let's move on. Chocobos. Now I actually had some fun playing this. Even after being given the ridiculous time required I still thought it would be okay. So what did they do? Throw in birds completely hidden that won't appear until the very last few metres of the race. On that close a timer, they surely didn't expect a random element to be entertaining?

Macalania woods. Even after being told what to do, and doing it, I still haven't got the sigil. How the hell was anyone supposed to get some of this stuff without a guide?

The Cloisters. Hmmm, dull wandering about moving spheres with very little thinking involved. This could almost be just slightly annoying. But no. If you want to get good stuff, you have to do the SAME cloisters several times. Why, why, why?????

Now the lightning bolts. Now it's getting stupid. Do I have to even go into this? Endurance is rarely going to be fun, but endurance that you have to restart for the slightest mistake? That's assuming you knew every detail you had to watch out for to begin with.

The final mini game. This is the biggy. I know you might be thinking, it wasn't that bad. But think about it. They put it right before a long cut scene and the final boss. They knew you'd have to do it several times. So what did they choose to base it on? Bad camera angles. BAD FRICKIN CAMERA ANGLES! Who in their right mind would even consider leaving them in a game, let alone actually basing a game on them.

Do we really think these were designed to entertain? Am I some crazy conspiracy theorist? Are Square secretly running the world and we are just pawns in their evil scheme?
Yuna is to become a lead character. What do you think?

m4tt
05-29-2003, 12:49 AM
I enjoyed Chocobo Hot and Cold (FFIX) and Quina's Frog Game (FFIX). I like the music in both of those games. :D FFVIII's card game is pretty cool too.

Didn't like: Blitzball, or any of the minigames from FFX, or FFIX's card game.

King Michael
05-29-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
FFVII's snowboarding is definately the best. Not to mention all the other great mini games in FFVII.

FFX had the worst mini games. They were mostly annoying and I only did them for the sake of doing them, not for actual enjoyment.

Quina's frog catching was also good, mainly because it featured Quina and you could control him.

You're right. FFVII definitely had the best minigames.

Blitzball is suck.
Blitzball was awesome! I loved playing it!

animee_
05-29-2003, 04:30 AM
the chocobo race in FFX the one that you have to complete for getting part of Tidus's best weapon, that was the worse and Blitzball

muchacho
05-30-2003, 05:36 PM
the chocobo race in FFX the one that you have to complete for getting part of Tidus's best weapon, that was the worse and Blitzball yes that was the worst game ever.i once got 0.02 seconds for that damn game.but in the end i beat it. hated and loved blitz ball. it was ok but i used wakka so it took forever to get his crap. i also did like some rules in the ff8 card game(playing aganst eeda). the hot and cold game was ok but it got boreing really fast. i didnt really play the card game for 9 so i wont say anything. ff7 had the best mini games hands down. the g-bike, snow board, and the sub game were ausome.

the blitzer
06-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by IamTidus
Chocobo Hot and cold from 9 I hate it.

Man Chocobo hot and Cold Is on of the best. *Slices IamTidus*.

The best has to be FF7 motar bike one it was so cool riding that motar bike and whacking those soldiers.

Psychotic
06-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah, "motar bike" for life.

Enigma
06-03-2003, 09:01 PM
All the FFVII minigames were cool. The motor bike game was cool, the snowboarding game was cool, the submarine was alright, the boxing game was alright, basketball was alright, arm wrestling was alright, and the Mog house was ehh. Chocobo racing was nice too.

FFX had the worse. It's chocobo racing was horrible. Butterfly catching, Thunder Plains minigame and just about all the others suck too. Blitzball was alright, could have been better. Much better.

Reine
06-04-2003, 05:33 AM
Most of FFVIIs mini-games were cool. I like the motorbike one the best. I HATED FFVIIIs cards, but FFIXs were good. Chocobo Hot & Cold sucked.

BatChao
06-05-2003, 05:40 AM
Chocobo raising = the best.

FFX Chocobo racing = the worst.

Unless you want to count the ice crystal thing at the end as a mini game. Then THAT is the worst.

TheAbominatrix
06-05-2003, 05:49 AM
Love: FFVII Snowboarding and chocobo racing, FFVIII card game

Hate: FFIX card game and chocobo hot and cold, FFX blitzball

Prodigy
06-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Chocobo hot and cold = worst. Nuff said.

Best = FFVIII cards - AWESOME!

Lexy
06-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Call me a dork, but I did enjoy VIII's card game to a high degree. IX's paled in comparison.
Also, yes, VII's snowboarding was the funnest!!! I also enjoyed chocobo raising, racing.

IX's chocobo hot and cold was wierd...I think it had potential but was too tedious.

Radje
06-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Lexy
Call me a dork, but I did enjoy VIII's card game to a high degree. IX's paled in comparison.
Also, yes, VII's snowboarding was the funnest!!! I also enjoyed chocobo raising, racing.

IX's chocobo hot and cold was wierd...I think it had potential but was too tedious.

your a dork.......

i loved the FF7 mini games the most but FFX was just hard.....

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2003, 01:17 PM
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*

Funnest mini-games: Almost everything in FF7 (except for that submarine game), like motorcycling, snowboarding, Mog's house, date sequence, Chocobo racing, Speed Square (well, in short, everything about Gold Saucer), FF8's and FF9's card games (I might prefer FF8's a bit since I've played that more than FF9's, but I hate FF8's random rule games), FF9's Chocobo Hot & Cold (really addictive!) and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten.

Worst mini-games: Almost everything in FFX, like Cloisters of Trials (although I liked the trials in Zanarkand Ruins), Blitzball, thunder dodging and so forth. And especially FFX's last mini-game.

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
The final mini game. This is the biggy. I know you might be thinking, it wasn't that bad. But think about it. They put it right before a long cut scene and the final boss. They knew you'd have to do it several times. So what did they choose to base it on? Bad camera angles. BAD FRICKIN CAMERA ANGLES! Who in their right mind would even consider leaving them in a game, let alone actually basing a game on them.

Man, I couldn't agree more with you about this.

Harlemoonbeams
06-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Oi I hated Blitzball GRR Its gaye..................
I really liked FFVIIs liked the bike game and snowboarding and I loved breeding chocobos!
FF10 sucked at minigames!
ANd the card games i hated!

Cyan_Lightning
06-08-2003, 02:16 AM
I have to agree, FFVII's mini-games were great. I especially enjoyed the snowboarding one, though on my first time through I crashed into enough obstacles to leave Cloud in desperate need of that orthopedic underwear he stole from Tifa. :o

FFVIII's card game I also liked, though I despised FFIX's.

The majority of FFX's mini games were annoying and frustrating. Blitzball wasn't difficult once mastered, it just took far too long to complete and became tedious very quickly.