PDA

View Full Version : This should be easy but...

me_loco_23
05-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay, in Chrono Trigger I'm sure the vast majority of all you know when you get to Arris Dome, defeat the boss then catch the rat, you are told to hold L&R and press A for the secret thingy.
Anyway, I go stand out infront of the controls and do this and I'm getting nothing. Is there a specific place infront of it that I need to stand that I haven't found? Is there a glitch in my rom? Why won't it let me do it?

Super Christ
05-28-2003, 09:12 AM
It's because you're using a rom. If I recall correctly, the keyboard will only recognize 2 or 3 keys being pushed at once, whichever many it is, isn't enough to put in that code. I can't remember how many it is because I haven't played Chrono Trigger on ROM for more than 20 minutes so I haven't gotten that far.

me_loco_23
05-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Well that's no good. So for those people that have played the ROM, how do I get around this?

crono_logical
05-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Indeed, it' the combination of key's you're using that the keyboard isn't liking. There are two things you could try.

1) If you're uing ZSNES, somewhere under one of the menus is an option to allow you to assign complicated key combinations to one button, just use that to assign one button the equivalent of pressing each of the 3 code keys, then releasing them again afterwards.

2) Change which keys you use for which button. I'd suggest change at least one or two to use SHIFT/CTRL/ALT, since keyboards allow you to press more buttons at the same time if they include one or more of these three e.g. I use CTRL for L, and that's enough for it to work for me. It's pressing lots of keys at the same time from the letters and numbers and symbols that tend to not work.

me_loco_23
05-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by crono_logical
2) Change which keys you use for which button. I'd suggest change at least one or two to use SHIFT/CTRL/ALT, since keyboards allow you to press more buttons at the same time if they include one or more of these three e.g. I use CTRL for L, and that's enough for it to work for me. It's pressing lots of keys at the same time from the letters and numbers and symbols that tend to not work.

Yep, that worked. Thanks.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-29-2003, 04:35 PM
I had a more creative solution.

I just assigned L, R, & A to the same keyboard button so I only pushed one button and it worked.

I couldn't think of any OTHER way to do it.

crono_logical
05-29-2003, 06:34 PM
That's basically what I was telling him to do under option 1, if you read it :p

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Ya I know.....

I wasn't trying to help.....

I was just saying thats how I solved it when it happened to me.