PDA

View Full Version : continue without vincent

fff
05-30-2003, 09:41 PM
i is possible to continue without getting vincent and if it is can you get him back later??

zacks_clone
05-30-2003, 09:49 PM
yes you can continue and i think yes you can also get him later

Flying Mullet
05-30-2003, 10:15 PM
You can continue without Vincent, he's a completely optional character, but if you do pass him up and wait until disk three to get him, you'll miss part of his ultimate weapon quest(I think it's the ultimate weapon). I know that you have to go to the waterfall where you meet Vincent's mother with Vincent in your party in disk 2 for some part of the story and goodie that you will recieve when you revisit in disk 3 with Vincent again.

Big D
05-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Actually, it's Sephiroth's mother, but I think you can complete Vincent's side-quest regardless of when you acquire him.

o_O
05-31-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes, you can acquire Vincent any time onwards from your first visit to Nibelheim, but if you get him in disc 2, and take him to the waterfall, then you get an extra FMV which you wouldn't get had you only taken him there in disc 3.

Spatvark
05-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Just to add, you cannot get him in the flashback scene =P

fff
06-01-2003, 03:22 PM
where do you see sephiroths mother and where is that waterfall

PhoenixAsh
06-01-2003, 07:58 PM
The simplest way is to take the sub through a tunnel underwater and then surface once you reach the end. You might have found the tunnel already when you were looking for the Ancient Key.

playaGAW
06-01-2003, 09:00 PM
I got him at the very end of disk 2 right before disk 3.

Strider
06-01-2003, 09:12 PM
I was able to get Vincent of Disk 1. Yeah, I'm cool.

Anyway, the waterfall you refer to can be reached by either the submarine or with a blue chocobo. It's southeast of Nibelheim, if I remember correctly, but just look for the big circle of water near the river on the world map, in case I'm wrong.

If you take the submarine, the entrance is underwater, like some people mentioned. Go north along the coast from Costa del Sol until you get to a rock cliff with an inlet of shallow water. If you're underwater (which might be easier), look for the tunnel like some people have mentioned and follow that.

And oh yeah, have Vincent in your party, otherwise you won't get the cool stuff.

zacks_clone
06-03-2003, 08:45 PM
an extra scen with vincent?!:: gasp :: must...replay...game....

DMKA
06-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa...back up..........ok, I've played through the game atleast 20 times, and there is infact and extra scene....but it WAS NOT an FMV. Now then, are you talking about the flashback part where *SPOILER* it shows how Hojo injected him with Jenova cells and thus turned him into the transforming freak, and how he lost Lucrecia to Hojo, ect....? *END SPOILER* thats the only extra scene I recall..... but if there is an actual extra FMV, what is it, when is it, and how do you get it? Please inform us all.:eek:

I think your talking about the spoiler though, seeing as if your actually talking about something I don't know about and/or haven't achived in FF7, I will go nuts - thats practically an improbility with me. (Remind you I've played through the game a minimun of a recorded 20 times...then I stopped keeping record....this is no lie folks. And I still play it to this day....I just played it yesterday.):greenie:

Oh yea and stryder your cool...I got Vincent on Disk 1 everytime too:D

radyk05
06-05-2003, 12:42 AM
'tis not a fmv. just a scene. *pats devilmaykickass'
back*

i just saw the extra scene some days ago for the first time. first i didn't know how to enter the waterfall until i realized that YOU MUST GET OFF THE SUB FIRST (thanks nobody for never clearing that up)

PS: i got vincent in the first disc. i'm cool too, i guess.

PhoenixAsh
06-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Well we didn't tell you you had to use the direction buttons to move around the screen either, some things are just kinda unsaid.

I can't remember if we're talking about that scene you mentioned DMKA, but given you've done it that many times I assume you got Vincent's final limit, so you must have done the scene.

DMKA
06-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Yea I've gotten everyone's Ultimate weapons and limit breaks (that includes Aeris).

Max
06-06-2003, 03:25 AM
yep both are possible