PDA

View Full Version : Good job! You've earned it!...Great! You forgot to save the game!

Rinna Lee
05-31-2003, 04:00 AM
Ever done anything in an FF that you've been "proud" of? Like getting an ultimate weapon that you worked hard on or anything else like that. If so, put it down....and, good job!...i guess... :D

Another thing, if you ever worked so hard on getting anything else, but forgot to save it or anything, ha ha! too bad! (just kiddn) :laughing: you can also put it down here too.

(i still can't get that stupid Venus thingy!!!:grr: )

TheAbominatrix
05-31-2003, 04:08 AM
God, all those moments over all those years... *sighs happily* I think I was proudest when I got Final Fantasy Anthologies and could easily pick out both the lines they changes from the original translation.

But on a side note... years ago, i finally got to disc 2 on Xenogears, then got stuck. Started a new game... then SAVED OVER MY OLD ONE! *cries*

Kinda off topic, but oh, the agony of defeat...

Blackmage
05-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Well, once, I decided, "Hey, I should start FFX over again so that I can be a little bit better than the first file now that I really know what I'm doing." So, I proceed to start again and download the Al Bhed Primers from my other file, then proceed to save the game... Over my old file...the file I put SO much work into just to get half of the ultimate weapons...the file that nearly finished with the monster arena...the file that nearly had me with max stats on all characters...gone. And so, the only true memory of it is in the Al Bhed primers I collected... Ever since then, I haven't played it much.

Then, there was Xenosaga. I had played through the whole game and whatnot and got to a point where it asked me to save. ...Little did I know that save file can only be used for Episode II when it's released and can never be accessed with Xenosaga ever again. So, I'm now playing that. Again. *grumble*

Oh, yeah, then there was the time when I was playing FF6 on my computer and used a save state instead of a normal save and ended up wiping out 30 hours of work.

...I've had so much bad luck with game files, it's not funny.

Radje
05-31-2003, 07:40 PM
I had just spent like a whole day working on getting a gold chocobo, then i finally got it and went downstairs to celebrate with a very late breakfast. I came back to my room and woe is me, my brother had reset the playstation without saving and was playing someother game :(

KentucyFriedChocobo
05-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Well, after spending several hours leveling up, accquiring the ultimate weapons, and draws Ultimas like mad, I was FINALLY ready to take on the ominous Omega Weapon. (FFVIII)

In the midst of the heated battle, Hero potions, Renozokens, Eden, and other things were thrown around. I battled for about 30 minutes and I was already out of hero potions...of all the rotten luck! I realized that all my training was for naught as I proceeded to be 0wnzed by Omega Weapon. Squall had died, so I was positive my situation was hopeless. However, Selphie is on the brink of death and I roam through her Limit Breaks. After browsing through the spells for roughly 3 minutes, I come across The End! w00t! I cast it on Omega Weapon and he falls. Afterwards, I get a spiffy Three Stars and a prood of Omega...wait till I tell all my friends! After dancing around the house like a madman (during the time, my grandmother thought I had temporarily gone insane) and bragging to a friend. I go to turn my Playstation off as I sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea in honor of my victory. However, I forgot to save my game afterwards. I've never beaten him since...

*wonders if all that was nessacary...* :eek:

playaGAW
06-01-2003, 02:31 AM
I'm sure this has happend to me but I was so depressed I repressed the memory.

ChibiInuYasha
06-01-2003, 05:28 AM
I had a similair situation to Kuja Highwind's. I was just restarting FFX. just to relive the story. I wasn't thinking and a pressed up before I saved...By the time it said "saving to memorycard slot 1 blah blah" I was in the floor crying. BUT! I worked for twice as long on my new file and now it ALOT better than my last one! ^_^

eternalshiva
06-01-2003, 12:21 PM
In FFX, I finally got the ultimate weapon for Tidus with that stupid chocobo race, and the butterfly thingny and I stupidly let my husband level up in the Omega ruins... He didn't set up his protection right and got attacked by the monument monsters, everyone got beserk, poisoned, and confused, killed each other off and I was in total shock.... I hadn't saved in 6 hours...

Oh yeah... My brother in law had 180 hours of game play on my memory card for FFX and I accidently saved over it with a new game... *ouch*

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 12:29 PM
I've had a few GAH! moments

I was playing an FF3 ROM and I used a save state, and came off. Nothing wrong there, except when I reloaded. You see, when you load up the Rom, it goes to the FF3 main screen, and I stupidly saved instead of loaded, and so all I had left was a save of the main screen. Now I am much more cautious and use both the built in save thing and save states

And on FFVIII I went into Lunatic Pandora just to have a look around and I didn't realise that I couldn't get back out onto the world map again, and I had missed lots of stuff(deliberately, as it was just a mess around) and I then saved my go in there. I decided to restart.

SuperPac
06-01-2003, 10:59 PM
I was playing FFX for a while, and I decided to level up a bit. I had decided to go into Omega Dungeon, even though I had horrible armor (for the area) and wasn't very far on the Sphere Grid. I could hardly live. But I was leveling up like crazy after fighting just a little, so I decided to stay there. Well, I got through the whole dungeon and even defeated Omega, even though I was at such a horrible point to do that. I was so excited! All I had left to do was rub it into my brothers face that I beat Omega when I was so weak, and he beat him when he was practically unstoppable. Haha! It would've been great! But my dad was working on the house, and he turned the power off without warning, and I lost everything. Now I can't brag to my brother. Now I'm too strong to do it the same. Now I just suck and am a normal old played who didn't have too much of a challenge...

the blitzer
06-03-2003, 06:55 PM
The worst thing that happened to me is when my friend came round and wanted to play FF9 from the begining. But when we saved it, it went right over my FF9 save and I was at the end of Disk3.

The only other bad thing was that on FF4 I had just defeated Milon Z. It took me at least 5 times. and went into the battle aganist the Dark Knight without saving my game. I didn't realise you weran't supposed to atttack him and died. So I had to fiht Milon Z twice before I beat him again.

The thing I am most proud of is finally beating Omega on FF8. I battled him for at least 1 hour before he died.

Reine
06-04-2003, 04:53 AM
I did it twice in two days!!! First I was going through that waterfall shrine in FF5 to get the last lithograph, and I slaughtered everybody in there and mastered a couple of jobs, then I went to fight Leviathan, being cocky and thinking that he would as easy as every other boss and enemy, and he killed me in a couple of turns as I wasnt playing seriously. When I reloaded the game, I found that the last save I made was in the THIRD shrine!!! (Swear words) :shoot:

Today, on FF6 (As I lost the will to play 5 earlier) I got from Zozo to the Magitek Research Facility, wiped out Shiva and Ifrit, and when I got into a random battle, LV5 Doom wiped me out!!!:chop: :hot:

There have been many other instances too.

for example:

FF6 System File: Deleted by flatmate, because he wanted to save on my card.

Legend of Zelda-Oracle of Ages/Seasons perfect files (0 deaths, all rings in game) deleted by brother

Diablo: From the start to Caves Lv12, then a powercut.

Damn, it always happens to me....

playaGAW
06-08-2003, 10:11 PM
That's :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up.