PDA

View Full Version : True..Or false? - *Spoilers Maybe* - Prequal Thingy

Moonie Rinoa
05-31-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey ppl...

I've been wondering in gamefaqs boards...and then I found...a very shocking post...

There was saying -> FFX and FFX2 are prequals to FF7
Well...I think it's quite impossible..But they say that in FFX2 Ultimania's guide it's proofed...Here's the url ->

http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=221&topic=8262276

Quite shocking isn't it? Aeris descendent of Yuna and Lucrecia descendent of Jecht..
Err..Quite confusing...Post your opinions
Do you think this is true..Or false???

Bye

~Rin

Radje
05-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Hmm, if you think about it it's possible. but did FF7 tell u the name of there world?

PhoenixAsh
05-31-2003, 09:06 PM
That link didn't help much but I'm gonna say pretty confidently, yes that's a lie.

WARNING FFX SPOILERS:

Aeris is half Cetra, so given they aren't even IN Spira then that rule her being Yuna's descendant out.
The continents are too different for any hope of tracing their past anyway, that's a hell of a long time reforming.
Given any descendent of Jecht would almost certainly be a descendent of Tidus' this not being mentioned would probably be a hint that it was made up.

Why am I even giving serious arguements here? Does the article say that Nanaki is a descendant of Kimhari too?

Moonie Rinoa
05-31-2003, 09:13 PM
LOL OKAY okay I believe you guys.. X) Well...Lol I'm hopping you guys are right..yeah..

Lost Heretic
06-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by radje
but did FF7 tell u the name of there world?

Not exactly, they usually refered to it as "The Planet" though, I think they might have said earth at one point. I'll need to play FF7 over again I guess.

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix 17
Given any descendent of Jecht would almost certainly be a descendent of Tidus'

*Possible Spoilers(FF7)*

Being that Lucrecia is the mother of a certain person it would make Sephiroth a descendent of Tidus... which is just wrong. How could someone like Sephiroth be related to a little annoying wimp like Tidus?

PhoenixAsh
06-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Lol, that's usually the sort of dark irony I'm argueing for in Final Fantasy, Jenova being the real evil Sephiroth being the victim, R=U etc.

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I love the way things like that are hinted in FF. But seriously though, Sephiroth and Tidus!? I can just imagine a meeting between the two now.

Tidus:Hey! I'm your ancestor! Isn't that so *kewl* and-
Sephiroth:You all done now?
Tidus:Huh?
*Sephiroth decapitates Tidus*

Now that is something I'd pay good money to watch :D

Enigma
06-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Tidus:Hey! I'm your ancestor! Isn't that so *kewl* and-
Sephiroth:You all done now?
Tidus:Huh?
*Sephiroth decapitates Tidus*

Now that is something I'd pay good money to watch :D

Hell Yeah!

But this is false. I'm nearly 100% positive. What about Cetras, Materia, Weapons, Mako, and all that good stuff? Not even mentioned in FFX.

PhoenixAsh
06-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Hehe, the truth could unlock some hidden part of Sephiroth's psyche. He could then completely change his voice at random intervals for no apparent reason and whine about how he never knew his father and that had made him and Jenova distant from each other. It would also explain his mystical control of swords which just happen to be perfect for him. He could then go around making all the mini-games into instruments of torture and confirm my theory that Square are secretly performing experiments on us.

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix 17
He could then go around making all the mini-games into instruments of torture.

You mean FFX's mini games? they already are instruments of torture!

PhoenixAsh
06-01-2003, 03:00 PM
I know that was my point. I meant that X could infect VII.
I have a theory that X was actually designed as a social experiment but everytime I put my arguements forward everyone ignores me, I think Square might have more influence here than we think...... *looks around suspisciously*

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Do you post these theories on the FFX/FFX-2 boards? because that'd probably explain why you're being ignored. Square already has their minds!

PhoenixAsh
06-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Lolol, yeah I do, and in General FF. My theory doesn't have any info on Square in it yet, but I've looked at all the mini-games and I'm almost certain they couldn't have been designed with the intention of being entertaining.

zacks_clone
06-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Not exactly, they usually refered to it as "The Planet" though, I think they might have said earth at one point. I'll need to play FF7 over again I guess

If i remember right,I am almost CERTIAN they called it earth.Possotive actually,because I remember myself going all wack then.Im re-playing ff7 now and playing ff 10 for the first time.Sofar i see very little similaritys.I feel that it is false.Its just too...far fetched.

Moonie Rinoa
06-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Oh, I forgot to say a thing, they said that FFX and FFX-2 passed 1000 years before FF7, I think......

SuperPac
06-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Alright, time to delve into the mind of a writer....

No, the land masses couldn't alter that much in such a short time, but perhaps *SPOILER* COLOR=darkblue]Gaia created the weapons, and the weapons had to find homes, thus altering the land in the process.[/COLOR] Stupid, I know, but a possiblilty.

Also, the spheres could've transformed into Materia, and with knowledge of what the spheres are, it's possibly that Mako could've stemmed from the same source, or at least further knowledge...

Ancients, Cetra, could be an evolved form of the Yevonites, or at least those who still didn't want to use Machina and wanted to be more "in tune" with the planet.

I think it more likely that Tidus wouldn't have any link with Sephiroth, but hey, I'm not that much like my dad, so you never can tell... besides, after a thousand years, the descendents would be quite a bit different. Yuna and Aeris could be related, what with Yuna being what she is.

Okay, now, I'm just stupid and like coming up with all kinds of stuff like this. Perhaps I should write a fanfic about this...

Oh! No, Nanaka wouldn't be a decendent of Kimahri... but another of Kimahri's "lives," as in reincarnation.

And of course, Cid would be a decendent of Auron's. The badasses must be related...

PhoenixAsh
06-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Oh no, what if Yuffie is related to Rikku? A whole family tree of people like that!!!!!!!!!

Enigma
06-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Moonie Rinoa
Oh, I forgot to say a thing, they said that FFX and FFX-2 passed 1000 years before FF7, I think......

If that was true, then where was Zanarkand in FF7?

Liquid Glass
06-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Gold Saucer or Midgar maybe were Zanarkand in FF7. The Sand around Gold saucer could be ancient remains of it, and Midgar could just have been a reformed Zanarkand.

PhoenixAsh
06-02-2003, 02:42 AM
Actually that's not as crazy as it sounds, I personally believe the Promised Land to be buried underneath Midgar, so Zanarkand being what it is in X that could easily had it's story altered over the years.

Don't get me wrong I still think the overall idea is stupid, I just think it's neat how much FFX is like VII but made to be much worse in almost every department.

DMKA
06-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Well ok I'll give you a plain and simple reason why this is impossible "world-wise":

FFX=Spira
FF7=Earth

Now you may ask "How do u know that they're on earth?"
Well my friends, go back to the final battle with Sephiroth and watch his all-annoying SuperNova attack once more. Planets get blown to pieces one by one, and it even says their names on the screen to support this. Also aside of the SuperNova spell, there are also other little pieces of evidence (IE, Aeris has a Limit Break called "Breath of the Earth"). Pieces of evidence such as that may not be 100% substancial, but SuperNova is pure hands-down evidence in itself.

And if you want to argue that its not earth due to land formations just remember this is waaaaaaayyy in the future and land shifts and moves around and changes shape, ect. over LONG amounts of time.

If this doesn't convince you that its Earth, go back and play the game again. Now that the idea of it being Earth is in your head you will begin to notice the evidence, as I have.

However, I guess there still could be some ways FFX is prequeled. Maybe back then they called everything else a different name or something (IE: Al Bhed=Cetra, Spiria=Earth) I dunno, those names are dumb examples.

Ah well I've typed enough, I'm off to play FF7 now that I've read this.:rolleyes2 :tongue: ;) :p

Psychotic
06-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by devilmaykickass
(IE, Aeris has a Limit Break called "Breath of the Earth").

And when you beat Emmy Weapon you get an "Earth Harp"

SuperPac
06-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Uh... earth harp and breath of the earth could have nothing to do with it. I mean, if you talked to professionals about dirt, it’s technically called “earth.” A possible explanation, it is…

DMKA
06-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey thabks for pointing out the "earth Harp". Another supporting factor. And yes, you are right...."Earth" cpould have nothing to do with it. HOWEVER, Supernova....I rest my case;)

PhoenixAsh
06-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Ok on topic, the planets names mean nothing. The odds of a word surviving that long are virtually none as far as I can see, espescially given no other names have remained. There's nothing from my memory to suggest Spira wasn't Earth anyway, other than the obvious that shows most FF games aren't on Earth.

As for Super Nova, you might not have noticed, it's NOT REAL. The planets aren't really destroyed, it's just an illusion, the only thing that it really gives evidence of is that Jenova's still the one in control.

Liquid Glass
06-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Plus, like the sectors in Midgar, they forgot the names, so they are just numbered now. For all we know Spira might have been forgotten, so Earth came up.

FF9 could be set in the future of FF7, land formations, after holy erupted from crater, it was a perfect place for the Iifa tree to grow. And since midgar was the only place with the airship blueprints mostlikely they were lost. So they had to restart the airship making process.

DMKA
06-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Eh, its possible. I say from the evidence I've gathered (which is ALOT more than what I've posted) throughout the 50+ times playing through the game that it is infact taking place on Earth, even if it would somehow defy scientific law or whatever.

As A matter of fact I'm playing it AGAIN right now.....I'm fighting the Proud Clod!:p

Sephex
06-03-2003, 01:34 AM
NEWSFLASH: Most people who post on GameFAQs message baords are moronic rumor starters!

Nova Dragon
06-03-2003, 01:51 AM
I honestly cannot believe that people are actually spending time in their lives considering this theory as being possible.:p

EveningCross
06-03-2003, 02:08 AM
I didn't read the attached post from the gamefaqs site because I didn't know what page it was on and some of the psots that I read had weird symbols on them that caused them to not make sense. Still, I didn't see this idea so I thought that I'd present it. Here goes... Didn't the Cetra travel from planet to planet settling them and then moving on? I could swear that this was explained in the game somewhere. In that case these nomadic planet wanderers COULD have at one time been on Spira and then moved to whereever FF7 takes place. Now the time frame doesn't fit since it's apparent that there were Cetra on FF7's planet 2000 years before the game took place but is it possible that more Cetra could have joined them from somewhere else? This is a totally useless stab in the dark but fun none the less. I have no earthly explanation for the link between Tidus and Sephiroth though. The mere thought is sickening...

SuperPac
06-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Unus Multorum
I honestly cannot believe that people are actually spending time in their lives considering this theory as being possible.:p

I'm not sure about the others, but I don't think it's real in the slightest. It's just so much fun, though!

PhoenixAsh
06-03-2003, 09:31 PM
I don't think it's real either, just any chance to insult FFX's mini-games or plug R=U, and Jenova>Sephiroth is good to me.

I also thought there might have been some debate on whether FFVII was set on Earth, but there wasn't.