PDA

View Full Version : What should I do???????

final boss
06-01-2003, 02:15 AM
How do I beat NeoX-Deth?:mad2: I'm only on level 33 and I hardly have any money to toss at him to do 2000 damage. What should I do . I just want to beat the game and move on to FFVI. :chop: :chop: :chop: for Neo X-Deth.

Faris_the_guy
06-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Thats a very bad level, and lokk at your jobs... do you have enough abilites...

Psychotic
06-01-2003, 10:39 AM
OK, when I saw a post on people's levels at beating our little friend, mine were the lowest, at 38-39. Everyone else had way over 40, if I remember rightly. I had 2 knights, both with double-handed learnt, a white mage, which cast cure3 and probably holy a lot, and a samurai, which used $toss. And I had never used a Samurai before in the game, that's the only time I had one, but it did 2850 damage to ALL of the seperate parts, and at my levels that was pretty good damage - for this battle anyway.

So I seriously reccomend you get a Samurai. I only ever mastered one job with each character, and it did me no harm.

omnitarian
06-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Level up and get some cash. Simple as that.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
It really depends on what jobs you have mastered, not your level. In fact, I don't think I used much coin toss against Neo Ex-Death since I used most of my cash against his first form. My MP also tended to run out early into the fight. What worked for me was three abilities: Two handed, Mimic, and Dance. Yep, DANCE. I had all of my classes as bare (so they automatically had the best armor and two-handed abilities), equiped ribbons to protect against status effect spells, and gave them all double lances. Against Neo Ex-Death, one of the characters got Sword dance almost every time, hitting Ex-Death 4 times with the lances and doing about 9999 worth of damage with each hit. I just had the other characters mime that action, and Neo went down pretty quick. :)

final boss
06-07-2003, 01:46 AM
Can someone clearly teel me what I can use to beat him. I'm on Lv.37 now and can someone give me a list on what to do on his 1st and 2nd form please? What wapons do I need to beat him, what abilites, and what strageies to beat both forms. Shiva Blizzard seemed easy but the way s/he described was bad.

DocFrance
06-07-2003, 07:43 AM
The absolute bestest combination. Ever.

You need:
-- The Mime class
-- !X-Magic
-- !Time (Lv6)
-- The 'Quick' spell
-- Mastered Summoner class for an Intelligence boost
-- The 'Bahamut' summon
-- The best Intelligence-boosting equipment you have
-- A Gold Hairpin (halves MP usage)

What to do:
-- Equip these three abilities, the equipment, and the Hairpin on a Mime.
-- Use !X-Magic and summon Bahamut once, then cast Quick on yourself. This will give you two extra turns where no one else can do anything.
-- Use !X-Magic and summon Bahamut twice for the first turn. Do the same thing for the second turn.

Add it up, and that will give you five Megaflares. That's pretty damn impressive. I suggest doing this for two of your characters. The other two should do nothing but feed these guys elixirs, because their MP will be wasted.

final boss
06-09-2003, 12:53 AM
How much money do I probalbly need to do the best GP Toss damabe to Neo X-Deth? I have 170000 something GP and it does almost 3000 damage to him. I've heared it's suppoesd to do 4000 damage to him. I playing the Anthology version so it might be different. I'm on Lv. 38 now so I might have a much better chance of beating him.

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I think i had 50,000 that time.That way the gp wont run out in the middle of the battle.Btw,if u need lvls go to the selaed castle and fight those dragons.U need to cntrl them with that tamer guy.Have it use blaze on itslef.U will recieve a VERY nice amount of exp and ap.For gil uhh i dont remember:eep:

final boss
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
How come if I have 170000 GP, how come it only does 2800 HP damage to Neo X-Deth? Is it because I have the Anthology?

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Maybe it has something to do with lvl then:eep:

final boss
06-10-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm relying on GPToss now to beat him. Does Gp Toss really do better damage to him if I'm on a higher level? If it's true, what level should I be on? I'm now on Lv.38.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-10-2003, 06:40 AM
That's usually about how much damage it does to him, regardless of your level (mine was 50 when I fough Ex-Death) - and I played the Anthology version as well. Although Coin Toss is a good start, it's not enough - you're going to have to combine this strategy with a few others if you're going to win. A number of people above gave you some good suggestions. Maybe if you told us what jobs you have mastered, we could be more specific.
In any case, if you need AP, fight the Movers in the final area before you encounter Ex-Death. Beating them gives you 150 AP per character.

final boss
06-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Well.....okay. Bartz mastered the Thief job and he's a Lv.5 knight now. Reina mastered the White Mage job and she a Ninja now. I can't remember her level. Faris mastered the Summoner job and is a Lv.6 Black Mage. Krile mastered the Sumarai job and I can't find anything for her. But the Blue Mage job she used sometimes in the game. That's about it. Wasn't GP Toss suposed to do 4500 damage if you had alot of cash? The walkthroughs all say that GP Toss works VERY well for the battle. How come I'm only getting 2800 damage with 170000? THIS SUCKS.:mad2: . I reallly need help here.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-10-2003, 05:38 PM
My advice isn't that you need to level up more, but that you need to master some more jobs - especially to recieve the innate abilities that come with mastering a job. (For example, mastering the ninja job allows your character, when bare, to equip two weapons - an extreamly useful ability.) Because you have so few mastered, you're unable to combine abilities - such as Faris being unable to wear armor because she only knows mage jobs. You don't have to be a freak like me and master every job for every character (although I must say it gives you many strategies to choose from :)) but a few more would be helpful.

For starters, finish up those jobs you're close to done with - let Bartz master knight, faris master black mage, and Reina master Ninja. The area right before you meet Ex-Death is great for gaining AP - you usually get about 30 a fight, and encountering the movers gives you 150. You should have those jobs done in no time. I wouldn't worry about Krile's Blue mage job - its a helpful skill earlier in the game, but it does little against Ex-Death. Instead, a highly recommend having Krile learn the Dancer job. Although at first it does nothing, once she learns the dance ability, it comes in highly useful: her jitterbug dance steals a lot of the enemy's HP and gives it to you, wonderwaltz steals lots of the enemy's MP and gives it to you (both these are great when training and you're running low on tents and cottages) while the ultimate dance, sword dance, does a lot of damage, especially when she's holding a big weapon (and since Krile has mastered the Samurai job, she'll be able to sword dance with a kantana - sweet!) This ability works well on Ex-Death. Finally, mastering that job allows you to equip a ribbon, which protects you from all the negitive status effects Neo Ex-Death throws at you.

final boss
06-10-2003, 06:53 PM
The other problem is that Neo X-Deth has 4 body parts. Will that stuff that Shiva said attack all parts?

MagicKnight Locke
06-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by final boss
The other problem is that Neo X-Deth has 4 body parts. Will that stuff that Shiva said attack all parts?
No it wont btw,all of the dances are 1 enemy only.Like Shiva said also try getting equip ribbon from dancer to protect you from those nasty status change attacks
Try killing neo-exdeath this way
You could use:Blue mage big guard for protect,shell and (haste?) and white wind for healing
To learn big guard sail with your sea near the area where the Walz tower sank(you encounter the enemies of world 1 here)You will fight a corvette here rarely(be sure to have blue mage learning on and have a tamer)
Control him and have it cast big guard on you.Then kill it (it has 30000 hp ack >_<)Get gill toss for all characters( i think you have that already.Also have time magic and summon magic(if you want),have black magic and white magic.All of the abovemetioned magics should be maxed out of course ;) .
Here should be your chars stuff

Butz(Normal)
Blue magic
Gil toss

Faris(Normal)
Gil toss
???(i advise one of the magics or SwoMag or x fight)

Faris(mimic)
Black or White magic
Summoning or Time magic
Gil toss

Reina
(magic you didnt put on faris)
(magic you didnt put on faris)
Gil toss

Equipment:The best you can buy.

Strategy:In battle after exdeath cast big guard.This will protect against exdeath's powerful attacks.Then gil toss away.Exdeath will use Almagest which will hurt and many many other nasty stuff.Cure the Blue mage character with your white mage and have it use White wind.If the big guard runs out cast another.In battle you should gil toss only.If the nasty thing happens and ur money runs out(rare)Pummel with magics and summons.Also the time magic haste 2 would help.
Best stuff to use besides Gil toss is Meteo,Flare and Holy,Bahamut and the same Sword magics.That nasty mutant guy should fall pretty soon ;)

final boss
06-11-2003, 12:38 AM
When I said Blue Mage I meant TIME Mage. I always used Krile as a Time Mage so I could use Meteo. That does good damage on X-Death. And does any one have a less complicated way to beat Neo X-death?

MagicKnight Locke
06-11-2003, 08:14 AM
When I said Blue Mage I meant TIME Mage. I always used Krile as a Time Mage so I could use Meteo. That does good damage on X-Death. And does any one have a less complicated way to beat Neo X-death?
if you dont have a blue mage then master the job with butz.Most of the moinster sthat teach the stuff are either in World 3 on in world 3 walz tower.Less complicated?That was the way i did it and it was easy for me

ShivaBlizzard8
06-11-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
No it wont btw,all of the dances are 1 enemy only.
To bypass this, I had one character euip the Dance! ability, and all the other characters had Mime! When one character got sword dance, I just had the other three mime the action. This allowed for a Sword Dance on each part of Neo Ex-Death and it worked pretty effectively. Also since I equipped the dancer character with a double lance in each hand, she hit Neo 4 times with sword dance: twice with each hand, and did 9999 damage.

And does any one have a less complicated way to beat Neo X-death?
None of these strategies are really complicated, they simply take some advance planning. But, that's the way it should be with any final boss, don't you think? :)

final boss
06-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeah your right Shiva, but I NEVER did advance planning For the final bosses of VII,VIII,IX, and X. Thanks for the stradgey. But ehat about my HP? When Neo X-Deth does that 1600 hp attack, it kills all my characters except Krile, but right after that attack, he does an elemental attack which does like 400 damage thus killing Krile. What level should I be on to suvive any of his attacks?And where do I get the double lances?

ShivaBlizzard8
06-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Hmmm...I was at about level 49 or 50 when I fought Ex-Death, and all my characters had HP's in the 3000's. But, all of my characters had also mastered the Monk job, which automatically boosted their HP's up by 30%. You could try just making some of your characters monks, and you chould see a signifigant increase in HP.

As for the double lances, you can buy them in the hidden weapons shop in Mirage Village for a hefty price, but the ones I had I had randomly picked up along the way. If you check your stockpile, you may have some. I know there was one in a chest in Ex-Death's castle (near where you find Carbuncle), and enemies like Behemo King drop them after a fight.

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah your right Shiva, but I NEVER did advance planning For the final bosses of VII,VIII,IX, and X. Thanks for the stradgey. But ehat about my HP? When Neo X-Deth does that 1600 hp attack, it kills all my characters except Krile, but right after that attack, he does an elemental attack which does like 400 damage thus killing Krile. What level should I be on to suvive any of his attacks?And where do I get the double lances?
the hp problem is wasy.Like i said use big guard.You wont survive without that no matter how much gil u have or how high ur sword dance damage is.

Ps.Shiva,your sword dance idea is interesting,ill try that on my next quest through FF5

final boss
06-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Where do I get Big Gaurd?

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Where do I get Big Gaurd?
Sail in the area where walz tower sank(if youre not sure you can always searc for it underwater.Make sure you are sailing on the coastline where the sahagins and weaklings are.Before ya go there however make sure ya have a chracter with the blue mage skill learning.Also have a tamer with the skill control.U will learrn it from a pretty rare enemy the corvette.Finding it can take 10 minutes to an hour.When you meet it control it right away and have it cast big guard on yourself.Then hammer off its 30000 hp and after the battle u have learned it.

I just tried to beat ex death again.I was lvl 40 and had 1600-2000 hp.Normally almagest will do me 1600 but with big guard no attack will go over the damage of 800.
However i finished the battle with faris only and that is because of one attack:Grand Cross.That is the thing ribbons will neutralize and that is the thing you SHOULD neutralize.
So yeah go and try again.If nothing helps lvl yourself a bit

final boss
06-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Krile got the Dance ability. I got two Double Lances for her. I put her to Ninja and I put the Dance ability on her. The problem is I fought slugs near Kelga's home, and they only do 1000 damage. NOW what's wrong.It only does it 2 times too. What the f**k's wrong?

MagicKnight Locke
06-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Krile got the Dance ability. I got two Double Lances for her. I put her to Ninja and I put the Dance ability on her. The problem is I fought slugs near Kelga's home, and they only do 1000 damage. NOW what's wrong.It only does it 2 times too. What the f**k's wrong?
did ya use sword dance?

final boss
06-13-2003, 03:57 PM
yes

MagicKnight Locke
06-14-2003, 07:34 AM
yes
k use my tactic then this time and uhh good luck

final boss
06-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, is this gonna work? Now that Krile has the Dance ability I going to try something here. I'll use Big Gaurd. Then I'll try to use Sword Dance because I have the Chicken Knife. It normally does 6000 hp damage! And then I'll keep miming it. On Neo X-Deth, I'll do it to one part, and the others guys willl mime it and do it to other parts! How's that? Will it work?

final boss
06-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry for double posting. I just tried it and nothing! Sword Dance does only 5000 damage, and when I mime it, it just does something else. NOW WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG? I REALLY REALLY REALLY need help here. Can someone get me Shiva Blizzard? I need him/er.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-15-2003, 06:15 AM
Hmmm. . . well, the only thing I can think of is that my dance! tactic was somewhat of a last resort - I discovered it by mistake when I had ran out of anything else to throw at Neo-Ex-Death (my MP was gone for summoning, all my money had run out, etc.), so, out of desparation, I used dance, and it worked really well. My other characters were equiped with weapons like Excalibur, the Brave Sword, and other rare powerful weapons, so that may have helped. I was really surprised that it worked well.
It is possible that because I had already done quite a bit of damage to Neo by double summoning Bahamut and Meteor and the like, that he was weak enough to suffer greatly from being hit with sword dance multiple times. All I know is that it was dancing that allowed me to ultimately win, and I saw those little 9999 signs come up on the screen. I'll have to look back at my saved game to see exactly what I had when I went into battle. Hopefully that will help.
And for future reference, I'm a girl. ;)

final boss
06-15-2003, 01:11 PM
After you do that Shiva, post on here RIGHT away. I don't have anything else left to kill him with.

DocFrance
06-16-2003, 01:38 AM
Red Shoes increase the chances of getting Sword Dance when you !Dance. I think you can steal them from something in the Phoenix Tower.

final boss
06-16-2003, 11:39 AM
I aready got that. I tried to fight him yesterday. I used GP Toss on Neo X-Deth. I actually managed to get their HP down good. Before I died, I scanned the part with 60000 HP. He had 20000 Hp left. If he hadn't use Grand Cross, I would've got him.

MagicKnight Locke
06-16-2003, 12:46 PM
I aready got that. I tried to fight him yesterday. I used GP Toss on Neo X-Deth. I actually managed to get their HP down good. Before I died, I scanned the part with 60000 HP. He had 20000 Hp left. If he hadn't use Grand Cross, I would've got him.
i told ya to use ribbons.
Btw if you wanna increase chicken knife attack run away as much as possible

final boss
06-16-2003, 06:22 PM
That's the problem. If I use a ribbon, I have to be a dancer. If I do that, I'll never be able to beat him.

MagicKnight Locke
06-17-2003, 09:07 AM
That's the problem. If I use a ribbon, I have to be a dancer. If I do that, I'll never be able to beat him.
hmm yes.Well then yes.Have you tried my tactic yet(i posted a few posts earlier)
Well then buy alot of curative stuff
Couldnt bare class wear ribbons?

DocFrance
06-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Yes, bare class can use ribbons, although Mimes cannot. But you can always learn EqRibbon from the Dancer class that allows you to wear a ribbon on any class.

final boss
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Wear do I get more ribbons? I got one from a little girl who comments on me fighting X-Death.

DocFrance
06-18-2003, 04:24 AM
I think there's only three or four in the entire game. There WAS one in Karnak Castle, but that is now rubble. I'm not sure where the others are.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-20-2003, 01:15 AM
It sounds to me like you're getting closer to beating him, but you just ran into some bad luck - he threw a rough attack at you just before you would have won. I don't think its necessary to have all your characters with ribbons - even just one will help. It's not worth the fustration of running around trying to find them all when the time would be better spent mastering some more jobs - its only when you've mastered a few jobs that the Bare class becomes effective, allowing you to equip ribbons and other armor without having to be that job class. I looked back at what I had equiped when I beat Ex-Death (apparently in my succesful attempt I didn't use ribbons at all), but it seems like you're getting pretty close on your own, which is all for the better. If you still want to hear it, let me know. Good luck. :)

final boss
06-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Thank you. I still want to hear it though. I don't know why your stradegy isn't working for me. What I'm trying to do is have Krile master the Time job. When I do that, I'll put Krile to Bare, put the Time ablity on her, put GP Toss on her. Then when fighting X-Death,I'll put all my defences up [Fast2,Golem,Carbuncle and Shell].Then, I'll cast Meteo on him and keep on Miming it. That kills him quickly. Also, if he casts Holy, or Flare, he'll just end up attacking himself. Once Neo X-Deth comes, my defences will still be up. I'll use GP Toss, [only does 2820 damage though]. I'll mime it. If he uses Grand Cros, Krile will be inmune to it. Bad luck to the Mimers. But I'll manage. Here's another problem, the last part standing will keep using Meteo, how do I avoid this?

MagicKnight Locke
06-21-2003, 08:19 PM
[Fast2,Golem,Carbuncle and Shell]
instead of wasting turns doing that just cast big guard.
I must have mentioned that atleast 5 times now

final boss
06-22-2003, 07:12 PM
BIG NEWWS:.........I BET THE GAME! I did the tatic I metioned last post. I killed him yesterday. Thank you ShivaBlizzard. Thank you Locke. Can I close this thread now?

Inuyasha23
06-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Do you have enough espers. i find titan really useful.

And i tried casting barrier and other protective magic.

Make sure your armor is strong. speed isn't very important in the final fight. You need strength and defense. You might try mastering a few jobs also. i have a mystic knight and the abilities of a night. Make sure you have white and black magic (or red).
Ether and elixer are the best items sell everything you dont need so you can keep using giltoss. The monk is a good character with hios couter attack.

MagicKnight Locke
06-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Inuyasha23
Do you have enough espers. i find titan really useful.

And i tried casting barrier and other protective magic.

Make sure your armor is strong. speed isn't very important in the final fight. You need strength and defense. You might try mastering a few jobs also. i have a mystic knight and the abilities of a night. Make sure you have white and black magic (or red).
Ether and elixer are the best items sell everything you dont need so you can keep using giltoss. The monk is a good character with hios couter attack.
ehh,thread is over,he beat it.

Come on mods lock it up

ShivaBlizzard8
06-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Congrads! ;)

Lost Heretic
06-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm just wondering, how far away is Neo-Exdeath from the Mua forest (where I currently am). I'm just wondering If I need to start leveling up alot, because I'm currently level 30.

final boss
06-25-2003, 08:17 PM
The mua forest? Where's that? Is that in the N-Zone? Anyway, yes. You really should level up to Lvl.40 in my opinion. If you get the airship, go to the place between Bal/Val Castle and Kelga's home. Fight there for a little while.

Lost Heretic
06-25-2003, 08:21 PM
You go there after you get the sub and talk to sage guido (the turtle)

it might have a different name, but its right next to Mua. Exdeath was sealed there for 500 years or something.